OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Today:

Ima make this a multiple editing post and just add pics and comments along the way.  Continue checking in to see progress.  any feedback or comments would be appreciated. 

Cleaning out the old midsole was pretty easy.  Crumble the rest by hand, picking off the biggest chunks.  Then I went in with a flat head and sprayed a diluted alcohol mix to peeled off most of the rest.  The bits and finer pieces stuck on with residual glue, I stripped off with a dremel and a star cutting bit.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

screwing around, and just confirming an at3 midsole will not fit an at1.  duhhhh.  
embarassed.gif
mean.gif

to peel the outsole off the midsole, take a hair dryer to the seal points and and also blast through the outsole to get even heat so you dont tear the midsole with unheated glue.  

however. note that i stuffed an at3 midsole into an at1 outsole.  if i kept the at3 outsole, you could get it to be a fudgey fit as long as you dont mind the outtriggers not lining up 100%.   

Last edited:
Do you guys think a DS pair of air trainer 1 from the legacy pack are wearable or are they doomed if I start wearing

@unseen - hope it works...b/c i have a pair of those that may need it one day :lol:

That Legacy pack pair should be fine. It's a roll of the dice for sure but I've worn pairs older than those w/ no problems.

@WallyHopp  @Modzzilla  @vig09  @max90
@unseen - hope it works...b/c i have a pair of those that may need it one day
laugh.gif

That Legacy pack pair should be fine. It's a roll of the dice for sure but I've worn pairs older than those w/ no problems.
i need help making a big decision: should i trash a DS pair of bb51s for donors on the at1 energy.  or should i seek out a relatively inexpensive, insignificant GR pair.  cheapest ive seen on the bay is about $60.   

Last edited:
@WallyHopp
 @Modzzilla
 @vig09
 @max90

i need help making a big decision: should i trash a DS pair of bb51s for donors on the at1 energy.  or should i seek out a relatively inexpensive, insignificant GR pair.  cheapest ive seen on the bay is about $60.   

If you don't have immediate plans to wear the BB51s, I'd use them. Getting another pair shouldn't be hard b/c those were collecting dust in the outlet here for a pretty long time.

If you don't have immediate plans to wear the BB51s, I'd use them. Getting another pair shouldn't be hard b/c those were collecting dust in the outlet here for a pretty long time.
yeah i have 2 pairs, one i currently wear and the other ds.  however, i just copped a beat up pair of sb dawn of the deads for $35.  hope the midsoles fit (tho i know sbs are a slightly diff fit than non sb).  if not, i'll kill one of the bb51s. 

What are you gonna use for glue?
initially i was going to go with gorilla crazy glue because it sets hella quick, but now im reconsidering and using barge cement.  i feel, if done right, barge cement will be a long term quality solution.  however, the set time is anywhere from 1-2 hours so that will require clamping, tying etc.  ive seen vids where crazy glue works, just dont know how it will hold over time vs barge cement.  any feedback would be appreciated.  maybe a combo of the two?

@unseen I would do it right and go with clamping. You can pick em up at homedepot, ACE or any other hardware store relitivly cheap. You'll have them for future projects also. Done right is always better than fast. Especially with some Gems.

update:

donor pair arrived today.  successfully pulled the midsole out from donor pair and mocked it up with the energy.  ima clean up the midsoles and hopefully attempt to glue it all in.  

Bruh...I cant believe what you have accomplished already without once trying to sell me useless Reshoven8tor products......

You're already my fav restorer because of that...

Popcorn is out for the completion of this swap. 
smokin.gif

Bruh...I cant believe what you have accomplished already without once trying to sell me useless Reshoven8tor products......
You're already my fav restorer because of that...
Popcorn is out for the completion of this swap. :smokin
Reshoeven8tor?...@unseen have you recently become a reshoeven8tor Rep? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom