OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

You are right, 30 years is a lot of time to remember properly. No complaining, I just try to help evrybody who did not get the par yet or doesn't know if ordering or not. I just try to be fair and helpful.

No problem.

Just got shipping confirmation from Size wooooooh, hopefully these last MORE than the SB pair personally

Bottom pair 2008 - 1000 wears, broke sole off wearing em at the gym few years back
Top pair 2020 SB - 100 wears since last year, already a crack in midsole from casual use SMH I'm 150lbs 5'6 not sure how this happened

DSC_0349.JPG

Forgot I entered the raffle for these on Dope-Factory, almost deleted the email this morning showing I won. Already have a pair in transit via Footpatrol but figured for $135 shipped via DF why not as that is basically retail + WA tax when they eventually release in the U.S . Unplanned doubled up but I'm okay with two pair for $306 shipped. Hopefully, everyone waiting for the U.S release will be able to eat and go back to the table for seconds if they are still hungry.

Still thinking they keep playing with us on the chloro retros because they know how to just do it right.
IMG_20220324_213637.jpg

must unds...

Edit: something confusing:
IMG_20220324_215619.jpg

This is supposed to be a real leather sign. While it feels thick plastics at first look, nothing like buttery leather of SBs, SPS, or pro bowls...

Last edited:
Hi Sinner, how is the sizing ? Planning to check tomorrow if they have some left at Slam Jam here in town .
Like dhtowng said, we shouldn't compare these with the 2020 SB's, but since I didn't have the 2012s, I'll just use the SBs as a sizing reference.

I went with my usual size and the fit was slightly narrower and snug than my SB's, but the length felt just right. I guess you can try going 1/2 up, but there might be too much length in the toebox. I have a slightly wider foot, but I think I'm ok with going TTS. I also noticed that the shoe felt like it had less volume than the SB's. Nothing loosening up your laces can't fix, but if you have a higher foot, you might feel it more.

Like dhtowng said, we shouldn't compare these with the 2020 SB's, but since I didn't have the 2012s, I'll just use the SBs as a sizing reference.

I went with my usual size and the fit was slightly narrower and snug than my SB's, but the length felt just right. I guess you can try going 1/2 up, but there might be too much length in the toebox. I have a slightly wider foot, but I think I'm ok with going TTS. I also noticed that the shoe felt like it had less volume than the SB's. Nothing loosening up your laces can't fix, but if you have a higher foot, you might feel it more.

Thanks for the info Sinner...Have had the OGs (back in the days ) and the 2008 (As a tennis fan I have always liked them ) .

Is strapping them up an issue for you? I have a slightly wide foot as well. It’s been a while since I have owned an Air Trainer 1 but I recall not being able to strap them completely.

When did the perforations start showing up differently from the OG? I actually like the all over Bo Jackson look but I think it's nice to finally return to OG deets.

That 2020 retro was impeccable.. OG diversions and all. They were made very delicately for performance so they give me a fresh out the box 90s feel that we don't see often on a retro with no real hype.

When did the perforations start showing up differently from the OG? I actually like the all over Bo Jackson look but I think it's nice to finally return to OG deets.

That 2020 retro was impeccable.. OG diversions and all. They were made very delicately for performance so they give me a fresh out the box 90s feel that we don't see often on a retro with no real hype.
I believe it was 2002. The first time the checkerboard tongue and synthetic materials made an appearance.
6A8CF0B6-5826-46DA-91D6-D03E6679F2D8.jpeg

Slam Jam pair came in. Suede/nubuck is definitely an upgrade from 2012. Leather is soft and pliable but still not the best. I can tell QC issues will be a thing with these. My right shoe came crazy pre-creased in the toebox which I don’t appreciate. Tried them on and my foot fills it out pretty good but still, don’t like that. Other than that it’s a good (not necessarily “great”) but still a very good and welcome retro of this model. The chlorophyll green really pops. That and the OG details are what make these a must, for me at least.
AF1ABB1E-FB93-4296-9DC9-2BB797F84D08.jpeg
FE173AF3-EDBD-4CAC-BB18-92F29A7CEE99.jpeg
E8DB6FF3-1946-4DD4-9F1C-12BA323EF1DC.jpeg
C1C767CF-9ECF-4BFC-9015-7AC21FB20DFF.jpeg

Just got shipping confirmation from Size wooooooh, hopefully these last MORE than the SB pair personally

Bottom pair 2008 - 1000 wears, broke sole off wearing em at the gym few years back
Top pair 2020 SB - 100 wears since last year, already a crack in midsole from casual use SMH I'm 150lbs 5'6 not sure how this happened

DSC_0349.JPG
Is that paint chipping or a legit crack? I’m wearing my 12s daily trying to break them down so I can anticipate these 22s coming my way. These at1s in the past have a true lifespan of maybe 13 years. Same with pretty much any shoe.

Good info everyone.

I guess I’m just used to mediocre. The 01-02s were synthetic trash, as were both 08s. The 12s improved slightly so if we can get to that level, I guess I have to be okay with it.

The way I’m reading it, these aren’t quite at the 2020 sb level of softness or comfort but a step up from the 2012 synthetic. They don’t sound like that generational must have 7 pairs that we all anticipated.
Here’s some 2000 era of suede and leather to put you to sleep. Or make you incredibly angry this retro era was gone so quickly
53180F1B-4DCB-45F2-A8DE-8FF2D6C5E79E.jpeg
0D04DCA6-062C-4AE5-A645-9CF06F01009B.jpeg
C1972250-5F01-4977-BA72-BC5EC6BB56A4.jpeg
AF8EB549-6E71-489A-9D33-6638CFFA3977.jpeg
6BD22304-3301-45EE-B688-548B4661ED83.jpeg

Still no size shipping confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom