OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

9F393E99-49D0-4B5C-B9AD-9EB1306051D7.jpeg
Found a pic of my 2012's before I sold them. Like these 2022's much better.

nicekicks showing may 1st release date so i guess should be only a couple more weeks for more stateside spots to get them

nicekicks showing may 1st release date so i guess should be only a couple more weeks for more stateside spots to get them

Yesssss! Good chance my local gets them too then since they've been getting the Air Trainer 1 SPs

letgo-lets-goooo.gif

Small shop in Cali. They don’t even have a website. They actually made a mistake and weren’t suppose to drop it yet. Doesn’t release till next week according to the worker. He said they got a decent amount (and they’re a small boutique)

I love that you guys all expect me to just blow up the spot without even giving me a chance to see if I can get my pair first 😅 Just know it hit a small US shop so it should be hitting most if not all the boutiques here (probably all the same ones dropping the Corainders) chill yo! 😏😂

And here I go sounding like a wacko.
I found an old 2000 chlorophyll in my closet. The outsole footprint/base is exactly the same (visually and by measurement) as this 2022 and 2012. Color me surprised.
The difference I guess comes in repeat wears as the 2000s tend to have their toebox uppers expand outside the midsole mold. The whole upper has kind of flattened horizontally if that makes sense. Softer materials and more prolonged wears just stretched the shoes upper. Even the sock liner opening is just wider on the 2000s. I guess I don’t really remember unDsing the 2000s. They may have felt just as narrow initially. Time to break them in. No going back.

The toebox shape difference may have something to do with it feeling longer too. I know it’s constructed trying to be a tad sleeker and not so banana shaped. I’m done with the comparisons. Time to enjoy these times. I would just say. Size up .5 to 1 if you have even the inkling of feeling like you have fat or wise feet. They’ll take many wears to reach true perfection imho.

To add: there’s a bit of sloppiness on the midsole paint job. It’s blotchy, which could lead to midsole paint chipping within a matter of a dozen wears. Don’t overspend on these. Stay within your means
234C0B0C-5DA8-4D98-B88F-4725D11AB7FF.jpeg

I returned like 3-4 pairs of 2008 chlorophylls at below retail because they were so mediocre. I don’t see myself doing this here though

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics.
I'm here for the midnight blue and I'm all about og colors over everything, but I feel that red would look great with black. Maybe it's the Jordan head in me.
Quick sloppy mock up I did on my phone from C chnoub pics.

Screenshot_20220415-091918.png

OGs had glue stains! Can y'all please stop posting that non sense and just appreciate and enjoy the shoes for once? Can we do that? It's like everyone damn person feels compelled to show the glue stains up close like we don't know they're there? It's how the shoe is constructed and made. There's going to be some visible signs of glue along the edges. Get over it! It's common and means absolutely nothing. Damn shoe literally hasn't released since '87 and all some of y'all can think to do is moan, complain, nitpick and post glue stains like that matters. Unwarranted complaint central in here :smh:. It’s a $120 shoe yet yall expecting designer quality. It’s sad. Sorry that last glue stain picture triggered me :stoneface:

Last edited:
OGs had glue stains! Can y'all please stop posting that non sense and just appreciate and enjoy the shoes for once? Can we do that? It's like everyone damn person feels compelled to show the glue stains up close like we don't know they're there? It's how the shoe is constructed and made. There's going to be some visible signs of glue along the edges. Get over it! It's common and means absolutely nothing. Damn shoe literally hasn't released since '87 and all some of y'all can think to do is moan, complain, nitpick and post glue stains like that matters. Unwarranted complaint central in here :smh:. It’s a $120 shoe yet yall expecting designer quality. It’s sad. Sorry that last glue stain picture triggered me :stoneface:
Facts. Just copped them rock them and move on to the next.

I'm sorry if I upset you, but that wasn't the point. Some people value the details. and that doesn't mean you don't like the shoe. Personally, those glue marks, creases and other marks are a problem for me (otherwise I wouldn't have bought three pairs to get a proper finish).
My post wasn't only a complaint. I'm very happy with this retro and will rock it with love :tongue:

Completly agreed with you.
I was waiting since the 2000 retro version to get this nubuck made.
Nike makes an effort to match the og specifications (nubuck, black leather plus the full leather tongue which is a total sucess).
Not sure we will see an og retro every next year..

That's not only glue stains btw. That's not the quality I expected, even on a $120 shoe :

278629786_709635467138709_3600354381457299477_n.jpg

278460850_304621534991914_7694745989275772778_n.jpg

:smh: Get your money back and move on. I’m not disputing bad quality control being an issue but I’ve seen worse and *most pairs are arriving fine. I now have two good pairs of chlorophylls that I’m satisfied with and can’t wait for the navy’s. Send them back!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics.
I'm here for the midnight blue and I'm all about og colors over everything, but I feel that red would look great with black. Maybe it's the Jordan head in me.
Quick sloppy mock up I did on my phone from C chnoub pics.

Screenshot_20220415-091918.png

Respect, but I feel the exact opposite. I feel like in the late 80's remembering LOTS of great Navy/Red/White/Grey Nikes of the era. AM1's, different basketball models, cross trainers, etc.

Black & red is definitely the Jordan head in you. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom