Official AJKO OG Thread (Everything AJKO Related)

^^ Cuz they didn't. We're talking about a NA rendition.

I think YOU are talking about a release of an OG version (that we are saying hasn't happened) but airgolden2123 airgolden2123 is talking about this View media item 874551

What aren't you getting, I said twice, I don't get why the pack hit those prices and they're NOT a leather OG version (and yes, they never came out). Black toes & Shadows were retail after release, and if UNC & Hoyas had released last year in leather OG form the same result most likely would've happened. Hype has everything to do with it.

Last edited:
What aren't you getting, I said twice, I don't get why the pack hit those prices and they're NOT a leather OG version (and yes, they never came out). Black toes & Shadows were retail after release, and if UNC & Hoyas had released last year in leather OG form the same result most likely would've happened. Hype has everything to do with it.

....dawg I just said it was Golden who said they released last year and sat.... which is why I @'d him. However, I'm saying they sat cuz they looked #POOR.

^Couldn't agree more. Fooled me for a minute there though, looked like '94s. The leather especially sucks because (like the '03 patent leather version), it cracks where the forefoot flex notch is. It crackly mainly because they rolled the edges instead of just "cut leather" like on the OGs.

My 2nd fav AJ1 colorway. Even with the tongue and tag swap, I feel these still need to be properly retroed. The leather on these absolutely SUCK!

:nthat:

At this point with all the tongue swapping, jumpman removing, paint customizing you do, you should probably just change the leather yourself. :lol:

man I hate it when a seller cancels the auction cuz it's not fetching a price they want...... then relist it under some BS buy it now option with a reserve price set :smh:

here I was thinking I was gon' be able to cop a pack for retail or a lil' bit more.

The 2013 Chicago literally destroyed my pinky toes...worst blister a sneaker has given me... :smh:

I sold them lol, horrible leather too...but I did buy my own stretcher lol

unfortunately im quite certain they would still sit in some markets.. UNC colorway doens't perform well sometimes even in NC.. NA would result in more units sold but overall i still bet they could be found after release day..

And What Exactly Is So "Unfortunate" About This? :stoneface:

Sneakerheads These Days :smh:

The 2013 Chicago literally destroyed my pinky toes...worst blister a sneaker has given me... :smh:
View media item 875823

Last edited:
And What Exactly Is So "Unfortunate" About This? :stoneface:

Sneakerheads These Days :smh:

it is unfortunate.. UNC color ways in anything typically don't sell out. Considering a leather Jordan 1 with NA branding would be in it's OG form it would still sit locally. UNC is a nationally recognized school with a great basketball program---one that MJ played in.. Realistically the average sneakerhead isn't caring about basketball history so that's not a huge factor.. And still MJ/UNC gear hits sales racks like clockwork around here, Duke Gear---another story...so yes, as a NC resident/UNC fan/Jordan consumer, IT IS unfortunate that a shoe could drop in a OG form and sit because powder/carolina blue doesn't get rocked where i'm from (NC) on the casual..

618258b4b8646dc0294138a146b67c177773061.gif

I'm Still Failing To See What's Unfortunate About A Shoe Sitting And Being Easier To Obtain......

But Ok

Last edited:
^ I'm Still Failing To See What's Unfortunate About A Shoe Sitting And Being Easier To Obtain......

But Ok

my whole comment came about after the mention earlier of the leather jordan 1's sitting..and another mention of NA branding probably would make them fly off the shelves..

i can't judge every market, so if my statement was too generalized then whatever--my apologies, but the point is im sure they would still sit at least in the NC markets. their are individuals who are bigger UNC fans than they are MJ fans due to possibly just not being around to see him play in his prime, and of course the legacy of UNC continues to live on.. even with all that being the case they still sit..

sure, a shoe sitting that you want isn't "unfortunate"---i wasn't arguing that..
my perspective was different.. but whatevs.. :smh:

it is unfortunate.. UNC color ways in anything typically don't sell out. Considering a leather Jordan 1 with NA branding would be in it's OG form it would still sit locally. UNC is a nationally recognized school with a great basketball program---one that MJ played in.. Realistically the average sneakerhead isn't caring about basketball history so that's not a huge factor.. And still MJ/UNC gear hits sales racks like clockwork around here, Duke Gear---another story...so yes, as a NC resident/UNC fan/Jordan consumer, IT IS unfortunate that a shoe could drop in a OG form and sit because powder/carolina blue doesn't get rocked where i'm from (NC) on the casual..

This makes no sense whatsoever. It's should never be unfortunate to a consumer when a good like shoes doesn't sell. Unfortunate for the company, sure. And especially to a unc/nic resident, you should be thrilled!!! It's a great thing MJ/unc gear hits the sales rack, no?

I really don't understand your thinking. There can't be anything hidden in your statement that we're not understanding.

Mind blown.

This makes no sense whatsoever. It's should never be unfortunate to a consumer when a good like shoes doesn't sell. Unfortunate for the company, sure. And especially to a unc/nic resident, you should be thrilled!!! It's a great thing MJ/unc gear hits the sales rack, no?

I really don't understand your thinking. There can't be anything hidden in your statement that we're not understanding.

Mind blown.

Point is unc stuff doesn't get worn enough casually around here to make a huge impact. It sits.

I dont have any science behind it but it just doesn't happen on crazy levels. And whether if that's good, bad, or a shame is in the eye on the beholder.

Honestly all this isn't a huge deal to debate about. Just sharing my observations from many years of living in NC.

Sheesh..

Back
Top Bottom