Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Just my suggestion for the avy bet.

Spoiler [+]
Lets go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

Yo nothing irritates me more than seeing Dave Roberts , I seriously hope he runs into a serial killer.

Yeah this series can't start soon enuff.

Also , I heard Texas has never won a home playoff game, sounds right but dam not even 1 ?

Let's keep that streak goin, and deadset and AI need to stop instigating
laugh.gif
we don't have ++#+ else to do as far as baseball
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Im sayin............... Not that I really needed another reason to root against you guys. But atleast this one will be comedy if things start going sour.

ska where you been all year?

yeah word, AIF. if things go sour, seeing some of these dudes eat their words is going to be straight comedy. texas better steal one in NY this weekend

yeah word, AIF. if things go sour, seeing some of these dudes eat their words is going to be straight comedy. texas better steal one in NY this weekend

How is Colby Lewis NOT better than Phil Hughes? I'd love to hear it.

How is Colby Lewis NOT better than Phil Hughes? I'd love to hear it.

If im not mistaken its in Texas to start. Since the Yankees are the WC. Either way I just wanna see an entertaining series. I think the Phillies gonna take the whole thing regardless. But we will see.

If im not mistaken its in Texas to start. Since the Yankees are the WC. Either way I just wanna see an entertaining series. I think the Phillies gonna take the whole thing regardless. But we will see.

oh word. that totally slipped my mind
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

SKA, that Angels team is exactly the team I would compare this Texas team to. Run the bases extremely well but can get a little sloppy at time. Play small ball exceptionally well and have HR hitters at the right positions/lineup slots. But that 02 Yankee lineup doesn't compare at all to this one.

I'll give the advantage to Hughes in Game 2. A righty heavy lineup who likes to swing at a lot of pitches out of the zone against a pitcher who (when he's on) works all 4 corners of the plate with all 5 of his pitches and has a 12-6 that goes from letters to knees in a heartbeat. Yankees are patient, they'll drive Lewis outta there in 4 or 5 because his pitch count will be so high. Gotta disagree with you there Dirk.

I haven't heard Dirk this angry since the 07 drubbing of the Cowboys by the Giants
laugh.gif

$15 friendly paypal bet for anyone interested.

SKA, that Angels team is exactly the team I would compare this Texas team to. Run the bases extremely well but can get a little sloppy at time. Play small ball exceptionally well and have HR hitters at the right positions/lineup slots. But that 02 Yankee lineup doesn't compare at all to this one.

I'll give the advantage to Hughes in Game 2. A righty heavy lineup who likes to swing at a lot of pitches out of the zone against a pitcher who (when he's on) works all 4 corners of the plate with all 5 of his pitches and has a 12-6 that goes from letters to knees in a heartbeat. Yankees are patient, they'll drive Lewis outta there in 4 or 5 because his pitch count will be so high. Gotta disagree with you there Dirk.

I haven't heard Dirk this angry since the 07 drubbing of the Cowboys by the Giants
laugh.gif

$15 friendly paypal bet for anyone interested.

laugh.gif

u 2 done ?

11.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

u 2 done ?

11.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JoRDaN201:
Do Ranger fans SERIOUSLY think that the Rangers can beat the Yanks?

I mean, they'll put up a fight, but I don't think they can hang.
Hey, a team of... ...

Bengie Molina C
Scott Spiezio 1B
Adam Kennedy 2B
Troy Glaus 3B
David Eckstein SS
Garret Anderson LF
Darin Erstad CF
Tim Salmon RF
Brad Fullmer DH

... ... beat a team of... ...

Jorge Posada C
Jason Giambi 1B
Alfonso Soriano 2B
Robin Ventura 3B
Derek Jeter SS
Juan Rivera LF
Bernie Williams CF
Raul Mondesi RF
Rondell White DH

*shrugs*
The only person that remembers this is you
laugh.gif

That Yankee team is NOWHERE NEAR as good as this one and to compare this Rangers team to the 2002 World Series champions is a little extra don't you think ?

JoRDaN201:
Do Ranger fans SERIOUSLY think that the Rangers can beat the Yanks?

I mean, they'll put up a fight, but I don't think they can hang.
Hey, a team of... ...

Bengie Molina C
Scott Spiezio 1B
Adam Kennedy 2B
Troy Glaus 3B
David Eckstein SS
Garret Anderson LF
Darin Erstad CF
Tim Salmon RF
Brad Fullmer DH

... ... beat a team of... ...

Jorge Posada C
Jason Giambi 1B
Alfonso Soriano 2B
Robin Ventura 3B
Derek Jeter SS
Juan Rivera LF
Bernie Williams CF
Raul Mondesi RF
Rondell White DH

*shrugs*
The only person that remembers this is you
laugh.gif

That Yankee team is NOWHERE NEAR as good as this one and to compare this Rangers team to the 2002 World Series champions is a little extra don't you think ?

^ Before the 2002 playoffs started, it wouldn't be at all unreasonable to compare this Rangers team to that Angels team. Notice how you said it: "It's a little extra to compare these Rangers to a World Series champion, don't you think?"

Before the 2002 playoffs, that Angels team wasn't a World Series champion team, and if you would have compared them to previous underdog WS champs, you would have been laughed at.

And actually, I think this Rangers team is BETTER than that Angels team.

Granted, this Yankee team is also better than that Yankee team.

Just saying, "That's why they play the games."

^ Before the 2002 playoffs started, it wouldn't be at all unreasonable to compare this Rangers team to that Angels team. Notice how you said it: "It's a little extra to compare these Rangers to a World Series champion, don't you think?"

Before the 2002 playoffs, that Angels team wasn't a World Series champion team, and if you would have compared them to previous underdog WS champs, you would have been laughed at.

yeah that's what i was gonna say. both teams are probably better than the teams in that past matchup

yeah that's what i was gonna say. both teams are probably better than the teams in that past matchup

Oh and I don't know how confident I'd be in Josh Hamilton this series. You can tell by his swing that his ribs are still affecting him and he's constantly adjusting that flak jacket he's got on. Do exactly what the Rays did, don't show him fastballs until late in the count. Breaking pitches galore to this guy.

Oh and I don't know how confident I'd be in Josh Hamilton this series. You can tell by his swing that his ribs are still affecting him and he's constantly adjusting that flak jacket he's got on. Do exactly what the Rays did, don't show him fastballs until late in the count. Breaking pitches galore to this guy.

Back
Top Bottom