Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Selig has to be on his knees praying to the baseball gods that the Yankees or Phillies make a huge comeback so one of the 2 get to the world series..

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I'm lovin this. 
It's good for baseball. 
According to who? FOX is praying that the Phillies come through now. The WS ratings are going to be horrendous. Who wants to see a Rangers/Giants WS? I know I don't.

Selig has to be on his knees praying to the baseball gods that the Yankees or Phillies make a huge comeback so one of the 2 get to the world series..

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

ehh '09 title will hold us down till '11

anyone wanna get a game of mlb the show 10 goin?

At least I can get some redemption there.

The Yankees have a 18.5 game division lead in my season.
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

ehh '09 title will hold us down till '11

anyone wanna get a game of mlb the show 10 goin?

At least I can get some redemption there.

The Yankees have a 18.5 game division lead in my season.
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

Phillies Win Division Title as Mets Complete Collapse

By Mason Levinson - September 30, 2007 19:05 EDT

Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- The Philadelphia Phillies won the National League East Division as the New York Mets completed one of the biggest late-season collapses in Major League Baseball history.

Philadelphia beat Washington 6-1 on the final day of the regular season to finish at 89-73, while the Mets (88-74) lost 8-1 to Florida and were eliminated from postseason contention.

Colorado beat Arizona 4-3 and San Diego lost 11-6 at Milwaukee, setting up a one-game playoff tomorrow between the Rockies and Padres at Coors Field to determine the NL wild card. Colorado won 13 of its last 14 games.

The Mets, who led the Phillies by seven games on Sept. 12, became the first team in league history to blow a seven-game advantage with 17 or fewer games remaining in the season.

Their unraveling rivals that of the 1964 Phillies, who gave up a 6 1/2-game lead with 12 to play.

``It's tough right now, very emotional,'' Mets manager Willie Randolph said at a postgame news conference at New York's Shea Stadium. ``When you lead all the way through and don't close the deal, it's tough to put into words.''

New York's Tom Glavine had the second-shortest outing of his career in what may have been his final major-league game, giving up seven runs on five hits while retiring just one batter in the first inning.

Phillies Win Division Title as Mets Complete Collapse

By Mason Levinson - September 30, 2007 19:05 EDT

Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- The Philadelphia Phillies won the National League East Division as the New York Mets completed one of the biggest late-season collapses in Major League Baseball history.

Philadelphia beat Washington 6-1 on the final day of the regular season to finish at 89-73, while the Mets (88-74) lost 8-1 to Florida and were eliminated from postseason contention.

Colorado beat Arizona 4-3 and San Diego lost 11-6 at Milwaukee, setting up a one-game playoff tomorrow between the Rockies and Padres at Coors Field to determine the NL wild card. Colorado won 13 of its last 14 games.

The Mets, who led the Phillies by seven games on Sept. 12, became the first team in league history to blow a seven-game advantage with 17 or fewer games remaining in the season.

Their unraveling rivals that of the 1964 Phillies, who gave up a 6 1/2-game lead with 12 to play.

``It's tough right now, very emotional,'' Mets manager Willie Randolph said at a postgame news conference at New York's Shea Stadium. ``When you lead all the way through and don't close the deal, it's tough to put into words.''

New York's Tom Glavine had the second-shortest outing of his career in what may have been his final major-league game, giving up seven runs on five hits while retiring just one batter in the first inning.

Back
Top Bottom