Official Apple Media Event Thread: January 27, 2010

Should I go ahead and buy the current MacBook Pro, or have you guys heard of a newer one coming out??

Suggestions???

Originally Posted by abernja

Should I go ahead and buy the current MacBook Pro, or have you guys heard of a newer one coming out??

Suggestions???

Wait. Dont buy it now unless you absolutely need it. New chips wil be out soon. If not today, then expect a refresh late February/early March.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Quick question for you goat...was Snow Leopard worth it? I have it but have been to scared to install it. If I lose everything I will be more that upset. If you say the !*#$ is worth installing well

i wasa late to the party with it, but i do think that it's very much so worth installing. The only issues i had were updating a few applications that werent snow leopard compatible, and since none of my applications are "purchased"
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
...it was kind of a chore.

But im all up on top of that now and i havent looked back. The added hard drive space is worth it alone. Snow Leopard isnt so much as a brand new OS, but a refresh pf what Leopard was. nstead of overhauling, Apple just did slight modifications to the syetem that already works. After a while you dont even notice the differences
So wait even if I have a certain amount of GB that has been used...like I'm down to 6 GB on an iMac
nerd.gif
it will give my baby more memory? and for those applications that aren't snow leopard compatible how I would I go about making them compatible even the ones that weren't exactly purchased?
nerd.gif

not more memory...more HD space. I believe the Snow Leopard OS only takes up 6GBs of retail with installing all the components...a custom install would yield even less. So say youre down to ^Gbs now...expect at least 12GBs of free space after installing it.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Yo i still need that.

I got you. The disc is around my house somewhere. I'll look after school

One more thing...I have like 3 macs. Can I install snow leopard on all them with that same disc or do I have to do some back coding?
nerd.gif

One more thing...I have like 3 macs. Can I install snow leopard on all them with that same disc or do I have to do some back coding?
nerd.gif

you just need one disc. It's against the EULA but youre on an honor system with Apple. If you dont want to purchase it outright go ahead and PM me.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

so whats the news right now?

static...Last night the CEO of McGraw-Hill leaked out that theyre releaseing an e-book type tablet aimed at the higher education sector, but no official announcement from Apple. We'll see at 10.

Just got word about iPhone and carriers in the future , you guys can believe me or not

Summer 2010 tmobile will get the iPhone and in fAll verizon and I think I heard sprint will get it same time, no clue if apple will make changes to each carriers iPhone buy it seems unlikely since they do iPhone announcements once a year

Another nter can confirm this ISRAEL who said tmobile will get iPhone

Sorry posting from my iPhone so spacing may be awkward

i think the tablet is going to be terrible
im more concerned about if they will talk about the new iphone or macbook pros

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Just got word about iPhone and carriers in the future , you guys can believe me or not

Summer 2010 tmobile will get the iPhone and in fAll verizon and I think I heard sprint will get it same time, no clue if apple will make changes to each carriers iPhone buy it seems unlikely since they do iPhone announcements once a year

If I can keep my number... Oh happy DAY!!

54d1594673f8297cc24fb75dbf803d2389d3efa.gif

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Can you see it live?

no. you can read the live updates from Macrumors or some of the other electronic bloggers sites, but a video feed wont be posted until later on today by Apple.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Another nter can confirm this ISRAEL who said tmobile will get iPhone

Sorry posting from my iPhone so spacing may be awkward
That rumor was posted earlier this week. Nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom