OFFICIAL APRIL 2018 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD-DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergen NJ outlet was complete chaos today. Nothing worth the wait on line. Clothing selection was equally terrible.

Not sure why I keep my hopes high for outlets. Haven't found anything noteworthy in years.

It just depends on your expectations. Hoping to find a rare Jordan retro that sold out years ago or even months ago or coming up on a vapormax or something for 30-50% off is a rare deal. However I think there’s great deals to be had on your racers, air maxes, running sneakers, as well as deals on clothes during clearance sales.

There shouldn’t be a problem for a multi use on the code from the app. It’s a generic code. My code on the app matches the screen shot on page 6.

Bergen NJ outlet was complete chaos today. Nothing worth the wait on line. Clothing selection was equally terrible.

Not sure why I keep my hopes high for outlets. Haven't found anything noteworthy in years.

I walked into that store on a Saturday maybe a month or so ago. It was total chaos that day as well.

Went by Nike Deer Park today. Place was packed and a mess. Nothing really. Wheat 13s for 139.99 on the hash. Had some flyknit dunks for 49.99. They also had the pink/black 13s in GS.

Got my pops a pair of shoes. Mad ppl in line so the cashier just scanned the coupon posted here. No questions asked.

They're already open and packed at this hour? Wow

Heads up:

Been talked about for over a year now but Nike might be doing away with "Hash" at some factory and community stores.

1. it creates more work for workers
2. Nike don't want you to eat :stoneface:

Been a "thing" for a while but my managers were telling me it came back up this past week.

Heads up:

Been talked about for over a year now but Nike might be doing away with "Hash" at some factory and community stores.

Been a "thing" for a while but my managers were telling me it came back up this past week.

Damn, first the phone orders, then then 10 dollar coupons, now this? Too many people must have caught on to the deals at the nike outlets. Goes to show niketalk fam has to keep things under wraps.

It's actually not a bad deal when you think about it. Hash should be shipped off to clearance stores to focus on the inline offerings. The problem is the gradual price increases that keep happening at clearance that wouldn't make this work.

“It creates more work for workers”. Yes, it must be mentally and physically exhausting to carry a shoebox, identify the size of the shoe, and then on top of all of that, put it in the correct section.

People are so lazy.

High volume stores are chaotic.

Without hash wall my trips to the outlet would drastically decrease. No clearance stores within a 3.5 hour drive either in West Michigan
I currently work 5 minutes away from the Factory store I go to and I would go there drastically less as well. Without the hash wall, the selection of merch and the deals just aren't very good. I can often find better deals on nike.com.

“It creates more work for workers”. Yes, it must be mentally and physically exhausting to carry a shoebox, identify the size of the shoe, and then on top of all of that, put it in the correct section.

People are so lazy.

They also have to rip the top off the shoe boxes

Went to Kildeer, Rosemont, and Aurora this weekend after some basketball games and these places were dry as hell.
Kildeer and Rosemont had no basketball besides HyperRevs in hash, Soldiers, and 14 Lows(and the ugliest colorway).

Aurora was almost as bad but they had some Kd10 and PG1 and saw a PG on hash for $55. But wow, dry. Regret not picking up Kyrie 3s a few months ago. Finish line had PG1s on sale for $95 lmaoooooooo

I used to buy from Nike Store often when they did phone orders, but when they stopped I went from buying a few pairs of shoes a month to maybe a few per year.

I used to buy a lot of shoes from Nike.com often as well, but they put up exclusions for releases, and their clearance code sales hardly have anything good anymore so that stopped for the most part.

Now without a hash wall and no 10 off coupons, they significantly reduce the chances of finding great deals , which defeats the purpose of a Nike Store in the first place, so instead of shopping there a few times a month, I’ll only go a few times a year.

I won’t be paying full price for shoes that I don’t really need. The thing that Nike misses is that great deals induce impulse buying, modest deals do not.

Last edited:
Last few trips to those 3 stores were also a complete dud for me lately
It seems like you have to hit up south chicago for anything good
But it’s such a pain to get there from where I live
If you go the weekend there’s no traffic but place is packed
If you go on the weekday traffic is horrible and there’s usually no additional discounts
I’ve also noticed a bunch of new vloggers on YouTube posting videos at that store

Heads up:

This is a bit long, so I spoilered it, but here’s my 2 cents on it.

Filling the hash Wall can be tedious in the mornings. Especially after it’s been cleaned out from the night before. It’s not just putting shoes on shelves. It’s having to assess what sizes you need, run back and fill a cart, bring them out, rip off the top, take out all the paper, and stock it and repeat until kids/men’s/women’s is full. Preferentially they should all be sized accordingly which is a painstaking process in its own. After it all, you must individually price each and every box that hasn’t already been priced by S&R.

Do you need a college degree to do it? No, but it’s time consuming as hell and we only have 2 hours in the morning to get it all done as well as fill the bin shoes, bring out a new bin shoe, backstock anything going to hash, etc.

Without the hash Wall, other things can get done in those two hours so we can turn our attention to customer servicing in the mornings rather than continuing to fill shoes.

I can see where Nike is coming from with the idea, but I also think there’s ways to get more done in those two hours if that’s their concern with it. As far as “they don’t want you to eat” I don’t know how that’s a valid reasoning because:

A) You have to do something with all the returns of new releases. Might as well have a Wall of random shoes you can throw that one random pair of Jordan 11 lows or vapormaxes rather than spend the money to ship them back to Memphis or a clearance store.

B) Deals on hash shoes really aren’t THAT great a lot of the times, IMO. An easier solution would be to run less hash sales or run more 20% sales than 30%.

C) The hash wall, and the sales that come with it, is a tremendous way to clear out excess inventory and shoes that won’t sell in bin. People’s mentality when they see the hash Wall is “these must be clearance. This is where the best deals are at”. We routinely, or at least I do, tell consumers that it’s not a clearance wall and not to expect additional sales on it and that the better product is usually in bin but they insist on “saving”.

Just my 0.02.

6E448D58-B28F-4756-B875-9937F29393CB.jpeg
03A29C33-A686-4B6B-A52B-B24B3509167A.jpeg
D720FBB0-278E-4F52-9971-65AEC3B6AE76.jpeg
C67DA42A-947A-4F9C-BEF6-4EDC3545B78A.jpeg
46ECB574-B4D5-4049-8B59-8EF9079DE6F6.jpeg
1ADFF4D4-91E4-4042-89A7-12DDEDCD78B5.jpeg
53993CD0-4163-4A2B-8CFB-23BB902E4636.jpeg
53993CD0-4163-4A2B-8CFB-23BB902E4636.jpeg
Nike gilroy is packed right now. Store being remodeled right now. Stuff I see right now-
Jordan xiii wheat- no price but probably same as everywhere else
Jordan ii’s Low university blue and gym red $100 various sizes
Jordan xi’s I.e. lows gym red- $135 good sizes available
Lots of Jordan 1’s- black metallic $100
Og black metallic gold -$110
Wolf grey -$90
Black metallic bronze -$90
Deep royal -$90
White/black-white -$70

Last edited:
This is a bit long, so I spoilered it, but here’s my 2 cents on it.

Filling the hash Wall can be tedious in the mornings. Especially after it’s been cleaned out from the night before. It’s not just putting shoes on shelves. It’s having to assess what sizes you need, run back and fill a cart, bring them out, rip off the top, take out all the paper, and stock it and repeat until kids/men’s/women’s is full. Preferentially they should all be sized accordingly which is a painstaking process in its own. After it all, you must individually price each and every box that hasn’t already been priced by S&R.

Do you need a college degree to do it? No, but it’s time consuming as hell and we only have 2 hours in the morning to get it all done as well as fill the bin shoes, bring out a new bin shoe, backstock anything going to hash, etc.

Without the hash Wall, other things can get done in those two hours so we can turn our attention to customer servicing in the mornings rather than continuing to fill shoes.

I can see where Nike is coming from with the idea, but I also think there’s ways to get more done in those two hours if that’s their concern with it. As far as “they don’t want you to eat” I don’t know how that’s a valid reasoning because:

A) You have to do something with all the returns of new releases. Might as well have a Wall of random shoes you can throw that one random pair of Jordan 11 lows or vapormaxes rather than spend the money to ship them back to Memphis or a clearance store.

B) Deals on hash shoes really aren’t THAT great a lot of the times, IMO. An easier solution would be to run less hash sales or run more 20% sales than 30%.

C) The hash wall, and the sales that come with it, is a tremendous way to clear out excess inventory and shoes that won’t sell in bin. People’s mentality when they see the hash Wall is “these must be clearance. This is where the best deals are at”. We routinely, or at least I do, tell consumers that it’s not a clearance wall and not to expect additional sales on it and that the better product is usually in bin but they insist on “saving”.

Just my 0.02.

Completely agree with the work and efficiency. I have no issue of them taking away hash because of team members.

Hash for me means I can rip the box top off and get the Extra disco...most of my come ups have come from dot coms. Bins do have great deals though.

The eating thing is our fault. People abused the surveys and thus, the policy was changed.

You make great points

Also to add to my point as a disclaimer, I'm only looking for shoes to hoop in and I've never played in the Jordan brand so take my words with a grain of salt if y'all looking for those Js haha bc there might of been some shoes you guys would like but I wouldn't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom