Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I had gotten 2 jerseys customized at EPS with mesh letters...it took an entire NFL season to get em back :lol: :smh: great work thou...

What jerseys did you get worked on?

k54qhc.jpg

Brook Lopez & once i knew they moved da NBA logo to da back i copped da older Cavs blank & did Lebron James.

Is the stro authentic talked about actually accurate? If so I don't see an issue

I guess it depends on how we define "accurate." Stromile never wore that style, which is why I brought the question. Figured it's a custom, which I have no problem with, aside from that I think the 600 asking price for a custom of a style that was never worn by the player is a little nuts.

I think he's banking on that appeal.

If he never wore that style of jersey its not legit IMO or authentic for that matter it's not true to the era

You can't be this rigid in da jersey world because custom Jerseys are allowed and da actual jersey is legit.

If thats da case my LeBron jersey aint "legit" cuz he never got to wear da current style with da NBA logo in da front..

Is the stro authentic talked about actually accurate? If so I don't see an issue

I guess it depends on how we define "accurate." Stromile never wore that style, which is why I brought the question. Figured it's a custom, which I have no problem with, aside from that I think the 600 asking price for a custom of a style that was never worn by the player is a little nuts.

If he never wore the style then the price he's asking is dumb.

If he never wore that style of jersey its not legit IMO or authentic for that matter it's not true to the era

It's legit and authentic, it's a custom jersey.

That's like putting your last name on the back... The jersey is fake now?

Give me a break

If he never wore the style then the price he's asking is dumb.

00-01-topps-finest-rookie-rc-127-stromile-swift-0296-1599-grizzlies-11916-cb74a18b44c1b9d73e83216340ff08f6.jpg

He has worn it..not in game but he wore it.

The thing is ninja and zyzz know their stuff in and out when it comes to these jerseys so when it comes to spending money they won't spend $1 more than they should. To the average person wanting a "legit" (choose your own definition) jersey, some of those eBay descriptions can be misleading.

If it's not such a big deal like you guys claim then how come the seller doesn't put custom in the description?

Last edited:
Did he wear the teal one? Still can't consider it actually worn.

Just like Lebron never wore the dazzle style/pre revolution 30 heat jerseys in game but for the big 3 event he did.

To me if the style wasn't worn in any games, it doesn't count

Last edited:
00-01-topps-finest-rookie-rc-127-stromile-swift-0296-1599-grizzlies-11916-cb74a18b44c1b9d73e83216340ff08f6.jpg

He has worn it..not in game but he wore it.
You're right Ninja, he wore it for some photo shoots after the draft prior to his rookie season.  Although if we want to get super technical I have never seen any photos of him wearing the teal one--only the white one.

Bottom line we all agree the jersey is a customized authentic blank that is overpriced.  Now I just need to decide how badly I am willing to be ripped off in order to obtain my 5 millionth Stromile Swift jersey.
laugh.gif

Did he wear the teal one? Still can't consider it actually worn.

Just like Lebron never wore the dazzle style/pre revolution 30 heat jerseys in game but for the big 3 event he did.

To me if the style wasn't worn in any games, it doesn't count

Nah, you cant really say it dont count cuz he still wore it, and da Eddie Jones Jersey i turned into Lebron James is identical to..

lebron-miami-heat.jpg

51402054-eddie-jones-shaquille-oneal-and-dwyane-wade-gettyimages.jpg

I understand what your saying my name cool yea but don't put a actual player that never wore it that's faking it to make it in which he's trying to make a killing from it. Yes the jersey is authentic but not true to era which doesnt look good in my book

It's legit and authentic, it's a custom jersey.

That's like putting your last name on the back... The jersey is fake now?

Give me a break

I totally agree wit you put custom in description or that he never wore it see if it sells then especially for that price
The thing is ninja and zyzz know their stuff in and out when it comes to these jerseys so when it comes to spending money they won't spend $1 more than they should. To the average person wanting a "legit" (choose your own definition) jersey, some of those eBay descriptions can be misleading.

If it's not such a big deal like you guys claim then how come the seller doesn't put custom in the description?

Last edited:
Would this jersey be considered "legit"?

Made by Champion from the factory, but he never wore it.

One time Sacramento King sharpshooter Peja Stojakovic didn’t suit up and play on the Arco floor until the 1998-1999 season, but, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a King prior to that. At least, not to the Kings PR department. Peja, who was drafted by the Kings in 1996 never played in the teams famous “checkerboard” uniform, but the team did sell a FEW checkerboard Stojakovic jerseys prior to the removal of the jersey from the teams arsenal after the 1997 season.

This particular Peja Stojakovic jersey was issued in 1996 after the draft and is made by Champion, who was the Kings official team outfitter for that season. Most “pro-cut” jerseys label themselves as “pro-cut”, but Champion refused to do so for the 1996-1997 season for some unknown reason. This jersey is extremely rare and worth quite a pretty penny. And while I don’t recommend wearing a P.E.J.A. (*****, Euro, Jumpshooting, *******) jersey…if you are gonna rock one, rock one with swag. And this my friends, is it.

Last edited:

Bottom line we all agree the jersey is a customized authentic blank that is overpriced.  Now I just need to decide how badly I am willing to be ripped off in order to obtain my 5 millionth Stromile Swift jersey.
laugh.gif
A little off-topic, but I see you're a big Stromile fan and I'm curious... Why him out of all players?

Would this jersey be considered "legit"?

Made by Champion from the factory, but he never wore it.

One time Sacramento King sharpshooter Peja Stojakovic didn’t suit up and play on the Arco floor until the 1998-1999 season, but, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a King prior to that. At least, not to the Kings PR department. Peja, who was drafted by the Kings in 1996 never played in the teams famous “checkerboard” uniform, but the team did sell a FEW checkerboard Stojakovic jerseys prior to the removal of the jersey from the teams arsenal after the 1997 season.

This particular Peja Stojakovic jersey was issued in 1996 after the draft and is made by Champion, who was the Kings official team outfitter for that season. Most “pro-cut” jerseys label themselves as “pro-cut”, but Champion refused to do so for the 1996-1997 season for some unknown reason. This jersey is extremely rare and worth quite a pretty penny. And while I don’t recommend wearing a P.E.J.A. (*****, Euro, Jumpshooting, *******) jersey…if you are gonna rock one, rock one with swag. And this my friends, is it.

All good..its like when da NBA store would pump out those v neck black chicago Jordan jerseys knowing he never played in it.

Agree with Zyzz and some others: that Stromile is completely legit on materials.

Even if it was a blank, it was a LEGIT Champion Authentic blank.

Historical accuracy is off, as Swift never worn it on court, awright; but fact is customizing it doesn't turn it into a fake at all. My opinion.

And BTW: those MrThrowback & Sofasurfer are just scammers, selling legit stuff indeed, but too much custom. With ridiculous prices.

Last edited:
The official NBA Store aka Fanatics sells the current authentics with very poor customization. I would take a jersey that's properly customized over what is considered legit most of the time. The majority of authentics are factory stitched with minor inaccuracies from what is worn on court going back to the Champion days. The early Nike authentics probably had the best stitching and attention to detail but everything is made cheaply these days. 

Last edited:
The official NBA Store aka Fanatics sells the current authentics with very poor customization. I would take a jersey that's properly customized over what is considered legit most of the time. The majority of authentics are factory stitched with minor inaccuracies from what is worn on court going back to the Champion days. The early Nike authentics probably had the best stitching and attention to detail but everything is made cheaply these days. 

The early nike authentics had HORRIBLE attention to detail, it's the latter run nike's that were nice (the ones from a couple years before reebok)

The early nike authentics had HORRIBLE attention to detail, it's the latter run nike's that were nice (the ones from a couple years before reebok)
You don't like the twill and stitching on white tag Nikes? Apart from a slouching neckline they are my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom