Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Isn’t the Lakers now a single layer of twill?

I don’t get what’s the issue with the stitching

I think he's talking about the paper backing and machine stitching.

I thought only fakes had loose string ends and the fuzzy letters/numbering.

Nah the paper backing is there to help keep the numbers in place when sewing. It can be ripped off afterwards. Very normal. You'll see it mainly with machine controlled sewing though, meaning a computer and machine is moving the jersey around while sewn. Not a person, which is when you get that nice clean zigzag threading.

Yeah. On the Nike jerseys, you can tell the way the strings end it’s done by a machine. When most authentics you see are done by a human

So glad I ordered the CAVS Statement Jersey from the team shop. They day before I ordered from footlocker and they canceled it today. The rep was cool enough to offer me a 25% discount off the jersey through Eastbay since they are owned by the same company and he threw in an additional $20 Footlocker gift card.

sixburgh sixburgh
2 days ago just noticed that jersey was in jump arround video:smile:
a5dwu9.jpg

badboys2 badboys2 Good catch. I knew he was wearing a green Bird jersey but never realized it was an authentic or from the first run.
Oh, wow. I just checked what year that song came out, '92, it's been 25 years.

First M&N jerseys I remember seeing in videos were Shyne 'Bad Boyz' with the ABA Nets Dr J in 2000, wnen they just had that one narrow tag that you would later see in the collar, and Fab's Jerry Rice in 'You Can't Deny It' with Nate Dogg, dope song, btw. There were other jerseys in that video too. DJ Clue had a Bird ASG, there was a Squires and Texas Rangers also.
shyne-600x337.jpg

Once you hit '02 they were in every video.
E-40 'Quarterbackin' from '03 had a lot

Last edited:
I remember when Brandy was wearing Kobe's rookie gamer when he was on Moesha. Probably one of the most valuable jerseys ever worn on a tv show.

There's discussions of this somewhere on NT. Jerseys were seen in late 80's videos.

As for M&N The High & Mighty were prob first. They're not big name artists but they were some of the first in the 90's. This was due to them being based in Philly with the flagship store as well as being big sports-heads.

As for first big name artist it was Outkast due to Distant Replays in ATL.

These were both before the jersey era when jerseys got oversaturated.

As for first big name artist it was Outkast due to Distant Replays in ATL..
We are the same age ( 1978 ), I remember that like it was yesterday and was actually going to mention it too.
He was checking out the red 1980 Steve Bartkowski jersey, the first M&N I bought.

wtf yall outta town folks know bout distant replays? :lol:

wtf yall outta town folks know bout distant replays? :lol:

.....That they were one of the few places that sold Mitchell & Ness in the world back in the day. I used to order from them before the internet was popping. They used to mail me their laminated catalog pages with pictures and prices of the jerseys they were selling. I would call in the orders via credit card. :lol:

I think I still have those laminated pages somewhere. I'll have to dig them up.

IMG_3441.JPG
IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG
curry statement came in from NBA EU store. express. ordered sat night. came in tuesday eve. I'm on the west coast. crazy fast. came in a fanatics bag which i found interesting. but according to label it def came from the UK.

any way super dope jersey. even better in person

IMG_3441.JPG
IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG
curry statement came in from NBA EU store. express. ordered sat night. came in tuesday eve. I'm on the west coast. crazy fast. came in a fanatics bag which i found interesting. but according to label it def came from the UK.

any way super dope jersey. even better in person
Fanatics runs the NBA Store pages, NFL shop, Fan Edge etc.

Back
Top Bottom