Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

What are we snagging rev 30’s on? I wear those jerseys more frequently than almost anyone on here. Never any issues from morning til night. I have a ridgeback and mastiff who think they’re lap dogs, sometimes I fall asleep on the couch... Nothing... Worst thing with those is wrinkles from sitting imo. Nothing a handheld steamer with distilled water cant fix.

Not playing the adidas > nike card but snags shouldnt be a major complaint unless you cant walk straight.

try wearing one under a velcro jacket and get back to me

lol youre not being objective at all. Talking bout nike jerseys are inconsistent in sizes? They have two cuts: +0 and +2. Apart from that the fit is consistent across the board from every niketown, arena shop and online order i’ve made.

Yall like the way rev 30’s fit? Thats totally fine. A lot of people hate the fit of rev 30’s. Nike fit > adidas all day not just in terms of length but width. I can fit a hoodie underneath my adidas joints and they still look baggy smh

what you mean we're not being objective? this niketalk, we would prefer to champion them over da latter(pun intended)

Adidas was either ALL +2 or ALL +0, nike jerseys are helter skelter in that respect. Adidas jersey also fit better in width, Nike joints fit wide & short..yuck.

The nike jerseys aren't that short tbh. My authentic nike 44+2 is essentially the same length as a M+0 authentic adidas

thats short fam.

that picture of Jay-Z rocking a rev30 is how mine fit..unless ya some short cats in don't see how da nikes are good money in length.

I wear different jackets over my stuff all the time. That's like saying you don't cut your finger nails and it's the jerseys fault it's getting trashed

thats short fam.

that picture of Jay-Z rocking a rev30 is how mine fit..unless ya some short cats in don't see how da nikes are good money in length.

why would you want it to be long though? i would rather have a jersey to have the length of a regular shirt than a super long dress. the adidas joints are nine inches longer than the nike which is comical. i compared my medium sized nike jersey length to all my medium sized soccer jerseys and the nba jersey is still longer. it's not like the nike jerseys are a crop top my dude hahaha

Because the pro cuts were long, so it's more like a pro cut.

I'm 6/4, they fit me fine. I get the +2 not being necessary for the Adidas jerseys.

I personally HATE the new Nike jerseys. Couldn't tell the authentic from the swingman in the store when I saw them.

But if feels like Fanatics and Nike are trying to get away from authentic jerseys and making the swingman closer to authentics.

not really, or else they wouldn't stay tucked.

The jerseys are way shorter now..some players have plus 4 length, but the plus 2 length on a Nike versus a plus 2 on an Adidas is night and day... I'll show some comparisons at some point...I prefer the Jersey itself from Adidas, and love the mesh, but pick my Nike jerseys to wear out most times over the Adidas...

why would you want it to be long though? i would rather have a jersey to have the length of a regular shirt

naw, its a jersey, not a shirt...its supposed to be longer like da players have em...it looks doper with length, when it short lookin it dont even look like it belongs to you.

Screenshot_20190412-221645.png

da problem is some of ya folks eyes used to seeing em tucked in game, and not out...thats how its looks out, and rocking em like that in da summer wit some shorts looks amazing.

id appreciate it.

Will do. One thing may differ is the jersey I'm thinking of is a rev 30 2xl vs a 50 in nike....

The cuts overall are all over the place

The jackets in retail are "standard", so when I went from a large and xl in a game worn jacket from Nike last year, the large retail fit me bigger than my game worn xl

I like to do xl or 2xl in Adidas rev 30...could do large but I like them loose

The Nike 40 shorts are tighter than my xl and 2xl Adidas by quite a bit...stick with l, xl etc...same with the pro cut and standard nonsense.

Oh, and practice shorts too....retail vs game worn are different sizing...pockets vs non pockets....

Both have huge pros and cons in that Nike feels like a supped up swingman and the Adidas authentics were amazing with mesh, but even non mesh was better quality...problem for me was that the authentics are still pro cut, but they were tighter and longer....for me I am not a fan of how it looks on me
..but i love my Dodgers nets sleeved set

The Nike jersey is game worn 50 - XL and Plus 4 length... I compared it to a game worn 2XL plus 2 length from adidas (the knicks jersey) and a retail johnson adidas size XL plus 2 inch length.... on both, adidas is longer with only +2 versus the +4 on nike... Again, I'm only 5;8", so while I will wear out the adidas, I much prefer the Nike cut. I have length +0" and other jerseys to compare if interested...

Also, someone posted the authentic biggie jersey.... The johnson is inside out from adidas - brooklyn is heat pressed on, but numbers are sewn

The game worn nike jersey is all stitched .... still prefer my mesh numbers!

Bottom line is both companies aren't great. Quality wise, the champion authentics are by far the best... feel like i am getting what I paid for... (anyone know off hand the original retail prices? i can google it, but just wondering)...

The champions are also so much heavier and I would rather wear an adidas or nike jersey in the hot summer... None are perfect, but I had WAY higher expectations from nike... How about a simple Christmas jersey?
20190413_114439.jpg
20190413_114503.jpg
20190413_114826.jpg
20190413_114927.jpg
20190413_114957.jpg
20190413_115028.jpg

I’m tapping in! Lol

There’s some good points going around. I would clear up a couple things. The inconsistent sizing is something that is normal for team-issued gear, in all sports. I think this is unfair to bring into the conversation, although adidas did manage to streamline this for 8 years. They get props for that but I don’t knock Nike for it. We can’t conflate team issued gear with retail.

The situation with the Biggie jersey isn’t really Nike’s fault. It’s the Nets pro shop maximizing their profits and turning out the product faster. They pre-sew the lettering to LOOK authentic then heat press it on. This is common in a lot of stadium stores, even MLB. Keep in mind this situation has been brought up in this thread before with another Nets purchase be even Bucks jersey. Secondly, speaking with reps, this wouldn’t happen if fans cared enough. So part of that is on them, too.

On the contrary, I would blame The faux mesh bs on Adidas. This was directly because adidas denied authentic lettering for the vast majority of their authentic line. The nba store/pro shops ended up outsourcing the lettering to that bogus Canadian company.

Lastly, adidas blanks are abundant NOW. But you couldn’t find half these styles online or anywhere before 2017.

I dont think the faux mesh is actually adidas’ fault... silver crystal licensing deal to customize stadium jerseys is directly with the leagues from what i understand - not with the manufacturers... the same reason they dont have proper matte nike twill now... that said we can blame adidas for not having any premade auths at the retail level... not that nike has been great in this regard either but at least you can find SOME at niketowns and footlockers

RELISH RELISH any scoop why the league made that deal? Do you know If Silver Crystal was doing the NBA.com Store too? I assume so but I can’t figure what benefit that gave the league. Unlike, for comparison, the Fanatics deal they have in place now where Fanatics streamlines the entire e-commerce.

All about money i’d imagine. Silver crystal is responsible for those kiosks that churn out custom jerseys... they can pump out a huge volume of jerseys at low cost / low quality / high profit margins. The replicas are where they make most of the cheese, authentics are an afterthought

The last 10-20 posts have been super interesting. One thing I do not understand is that Nike does not make a size 46 in retail
Authentics, but for actual game jerseys they do and for me size 46 is the perfect fit! So in retail authentics I had to make the concession and go for a 48!

Back
Top Bottom