Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

So, yeah. What do you guys think about tailoring jerseys? Like I said earlier I have that Clyde jersey that doesn't fit, and I'm always seeing good deals on authentics on the bay or even here that aren't my size. Has anyone on here had any jerseys tailored? I know not everyone could let go of that size 60 collection
laugh.gif
. Someone must've done it on here by now.

Originally Posted by Wade187

So, yeah. What do you guys think about tailoring jerseys? Like I said earlier I have that Clyde jersey that doesn't fit, and I'm always seeing good deals on authentics on the bay or even here that aren't my size. Has anyone on here had any jerseys tailored? I know not everyone could let go of that size 60 collection
laugh.gif

depending on the size of the jersey being tailored and what size you want it tailored to. give me the sizes because its not problem at times.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

laugh.gif

depending on the size of the jersey being tailored and what size you want it tailored to. give me the sizes because its not problem at times.
The Clyde is about 52 or 54 I'm trying to get it down to a 44, and most of the ones I see cheap on the bay are just as huge, for the most part.

laugh.gif

The Clyde is about 52 or 54 I'm trying to get it down to a 44, and most of the ones I see cheap on the bay are just as huge, for the most part.

yea i have some 48 that i wanna bring down to a 44 or 40...its a lot of work though cause they have to take off the bottom piece cut it an make all the things correctly and attach the size again... it could run a lot

all authentic champion jerseys DO NOT have the champion logo.  i have a pacers miller authentic somewhere in the house.  ill post pics if i ever find it.  the earlier replicas werent as detailed as the latter.  examples are the blue pinstripe orlando joints didnt have the pinstripes.  the pacers replicas didnt have the white and yellow piping.  i dont know where you guys got the "authentic" champion jerseys with the logos, but they definitely did not have them.

The Glenn Robinson authentics with the Champion logo are anomalous. They're definitely inaccurate, as gamers & other authentics omitting the Champion logo have quad-layer twill, while the authentic with the Champion logo only has dual-layer twill. The Champion logo version is also a swoop neck, while non-Champion logos have the accurate v-neck.

My theory is Champion produced them like this, noticed what they did wrong, slapped a Champion logo on them and decided to sell them anyway. I look at the Champion logo on the Robinson as more of a "we $@*&ed up" marking.

Not sure if there's any inaccuracies on the Miller with the Champion logo; only familiar with the Big Dog.

f3316e502ae56db15d5b09182ea625064c837886.pjpg

question for y'all, is this legit? I remember Nike's Swoosh logos on jerseys are on the left side, not on the right.

Originally Posted by tRiCK32

f3316e502ae56db15d5b09182ea625064c837886.pjpg

question for y'all, is this legit? I remember Nike's Swoosh logos on jerseys are on the left side, not on the right.
FAKE

most of the nike swingmans on ebay are fake, including all the ones of popular old styles like Payton, Kemp, and Hardaway.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

laugh.gif

yea i have some 48 that i wanna bring down to a 44 or 40...its a lot of work though cause they have to take off the bottom piece cut it an make all the things correctly and attach the size again... it could run a lot

taking a 48 and making it a 44 or 40 should be no problem at all. anything bigger and bringing it down to that size would be a problem i think.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by richiecotite

IcyyyESR Two3 wrote:

almost all the bucks robinson authentics ive seen have the champion logo on them...many miller pacers jerseys have them too...idk why champion decided to do that, i guess its just one of those random things they do sometimes, haha

that's cuz they're not authentic. those are the replica/swingmans.

if i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

you're wrong, lol...theyre def authentic, they just have the champion logo on them for some reason...plus champion never made swingmans (those originated with Nike)

Wrong. Champion did make their version of a swingman jersey for nba sales. Served the same purpose as Nikes too. Those jerseys you see on page 24 with the Champion logo under the nba logo are NOT authentic.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

IcyyyESR Two3 wrote:

almost all the bucks robinson authentics ive seen have the champion logo on them...many miller pacers jerseys have them too...idk why champion decided to do that, i guess its just one of those random things they do sometimes, haha

you're wrong, lol...theyre def authentic, they just have the champion logo on them for some reason...plus champion never made swingmans (those originated with Nike)

Wrong. Champion did make their version of a swingman jersey for nba sales. Served the same purpose as Nikes too. Those jerseys you see on page 24 with the Champion logo under the nba logo are NOT authentic.
WRONG

Champion only made, replicas, authentics, and game jerseys. There was no such thing as an in between back then.

The Reggie Millers and Robinsons are AUTHENTIC jerseys! whats so hard to understand about that? take the jersey and compare them to any other champion authentic and its the exact same materials, twill, stitching, and quality.

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

so why did this jersey sell for 402$ is that how much they are worth?
No, that jersey sold for that much because it's either game-issued or game-used. (Judging by the price, I'd go with game-used)

A regular retail authentic of that version wouldn't fetch very much. There's one on eBay for $100 at the moment.

laugh.gif

taking a 48 and making it a 44 or 40 should be no problem at all. anything bigger and bringing it down to that size would be a problem i think.

how would you do it? just chop off the length fromt he bottom and thats it?

laugh.gif

take it to a tailor and they bring in the sides and cut the length to how you want it.

if you cut the length and leave the sides, its still a size 48 jersey just shorter. im guessing you wanna bring it down to a size 40 or 44 because it will fit better all around.

IcyyyESR Two3 wrote:

WRONG

Champion only made, replicas, authentics, and game jerseys. There was no such thing as an in between back then.

The Reggie Millers and Robinsons are AUTHENTIC jerseys! whats so hard to understand about that? take the jersey and compare them to any other champion authentic and its the exact same materials, twill, stitching, and quality.

WRONG. Those jerseys shouldn't be considered authentic. The Champion logo is stitched onto the jersey under a normal r/w/b NBA PATCH thats also sewn on.. When has that ever qualified as authentic? Some of the 50 year jerseys have a sewn on gold NBA patch but even those have no "C" patch sewn under it.

And I did compare it to other Champion authentics and all of the authentics I've found have the NBA logo stitched into the jersey, not a patch thats sewn on and theres definitely no sewn on Champion logos..The guy who's selling the Miller and Robinson is selling dozens of other authentic champion jerseys none of which have those two patches sewn in..May be rare mistakes or whatever but theyre definitely not in the same class as everything else.

s0v76c.jpg

30vf4eu.jpg

nz50tw.jpg

2yzh3sz.jpg

6suq1t.jpg

dude what are you talking about? your wrong.

the Millers and Robinsons are all authentic jerseys, whats so hard to understand. you arent right so arguing isnt gonna make you right.

laugh.gif

take it to a tailor and they bring in the sides and cut the length to how you want it.

if you cut the length and leave the sides, its still a size 48 jersey just shorter. im guessing you wanna bring it down to a size 40 or 44 because it will fit better all around.

yea but dont think think bringing in the sides will ruin some of the jerseys because most have a panel on there or something down the side

Can be done if you got a good tailor but yes might mess up or ruin a jersey with design on the sides but its something your gonna have to live with if you gonna tailor it.

also i know the seller of that reggie miller, no logo means nothing because it was taken off. Like i said, i had a reggie miller and took off the logo right when i got the jersey, you coulnt even tell it was there. SO ONCE AGAIN ALL ROBINSON'S AND MILLER'S ARE 100% AUTHENTIC

the Millers and Robinsons are all authentic jerseys, whats so hard to understand. you arent right so arguing isnt gonna make you right.

I posted why I thought they werent authentic by comparing them to other authentic jerseys made by the same company during the same time frame and you still come back saying I'm wrong?
laugh.gif

I never had to cut any patches or logos off of any authentic jersey to try and make it fit in with the rest... I'm just saying...

I posted why I thought they werent authentic by comparing them to other authentic jerseys made by the same company during the same time frame and you still come back saying I'm wrong?
laugh.gif

I never had to cut any patches or logos off of any authentic jersey to try and make it fit in with the rest... I'm just saying...

You are wrong tho.

As for that Miller jersey you posted, that seller knows what hes selling. It would take him literally 1 minute to take off the Champion logo.

The Miller and Robinson jerseys are the only jerseys I ever seen that have the Champion logo.

How are you gonna say the Miller and Robinson arent authentic jerseys? please explain other than the CHAMPION logo. same mesh material as all authentics, all double/triple stitched, same exact twill.

Thats like saying the older champion authentics with the small nba logo higher up on the shoulder are fake too, right?

Back
Top Bottom