Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

im so kicking myself in the head right now for missing out on a blank lakers game issued jersey from 1995-96... damn it... should've bid on it and customize it to a #25 eddie jones jersey

Sorry if this has already been posted.   I have a couple of people telling me that Mitchell & Ness doesn't make jerseys for some players including Jordan so they say if people have a Mitchell and Ness Jordan jersey that it's a fake.   Yet when I go on the Nbastore.com they have Mitchell and Ness Jordan jerseys?    Is there some truth behind what their saying?   They told me Mitchell and Ness doesn't make jerseys for  Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith too.  lol I think there full of **** but I want to be sure.

I you go to the Mitchell ness blog they will link you to the jerseys post where they sold a limited amount of Jordan jerseys.

Last edited:
M&N mentioned me on twitter stating that they no longer have the rights to make MJ's jerseys. Looks like the contract expired with them which is why there wasn't a M&N jersey that released for MJ over this past weekend.

M&N mentioned me on twitter stating that they no longer have the rights to make MJ's jerseys. Looks like the contract expired with them which is why there wasn't a M&N jersey that released for MJ over this past weekend.
Who has the contract now?

not to be rude but you really think NBAstore would sell fakes?
eyes.gif
lol I know they wouldn't.  That's why I was wondering why the ebay seller was telling me this.

The 8403 Jordan Jerseys by Nike

At the bottom where it says the Size,  some jerseys I see them say the numbered size,  and some I see it says S,M,L,XL,XXL

Can anybody school me on this because Im still a newbie for jerseys,

The Nike Jordan 8403 tag at the bottom,  Nike produced BOTH jerseys that had the Letter size and the number Size?

Thanks NT

They did not disclose that when I had replied back. I believe it's in limbo but I hope MJ re-ups a contract with them. Here's the mention...
that's crazy because NBA store has Mitchell and Ness Jordan jerseys for sale right now.

I'm only speculating, but I bet Jordan is asking for too much and it simply isn't worth it for M&N to continue with him.

Legit Or Fake?

just found this, looks good to me but anybody can school me on this?

Anybody?

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick replies, yeah it is a ridiculous price for a swingman,

How do the 8403 jerseys fit though, Run small, or big?

And also, I see some of the 8403 jerseys and they have the Letter Size  (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and some have the Number size
They produced jerseys with both the number and the Letter size tag?

Last edited:
but the 8403 collection specifically, I see some with Number sizing, and some 8403s with Letters..... The 8403 Jordan jerseys can have either number or letter? or am I just seeing a bunch of fakes online

but the 8403 collection specifically, I see some with Number sizing, and some 8403s with Letters..... The 8403 Jordan jerseys can have either number or letter? or am I just seeing a bunch of fakes online
Swingman have letter.
Authentic have number.

Any of you guys ever buy jerseys off an ebay seller named nba-jersey-king  ?    anybody know if hes legit?

thanks

I recently came across a  96-97 Kobe size 44.

The letters on the back are smaller/different from what I'm used to seeing,

but I saw a size 40 purple one posted on here with the same style letters

so I'm guessing smaller jerseys got a different font...  

Can anyone tell me if this jersey is legit?

And the seller in general?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121069032288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I saw that and was going to pull the trigger but had a few reservations. First, I have seen that Superstar Greetings certificate stating "200 signed authentic jerseys: 100 purple; 100 gold" but it was accompanied with a customized authentic each time (not champion or nike). The lettering of Bryant is off for that style (bottom of R and font of A in particular). The "8" also seems too skinny.

Finally the champion jocktag looked like it wasn't sewn down in the other picture (there is a decent sized shadow behind the tag). If you look at Dan's Kobe rookie champion jersey that is also on ebay, you can see the differences. Also if you cared about the signature, only a UDA or Panini COA for Kobe is worth anything to a real collector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom