Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Your jersey is authentic. Contrary to an earlier poster, Champion did double tag. There was some inconsistency to a lot of Champion's procedures however. It might have been where the jersey was made that played a part in tagging, but I'm just guessing. The second visible tag was the "NBA Authentics" tag you have. In regards to inconsistency, some Champion jerseys had tagging on the collar and some didn't; some also had two tags on the collar with the second being a tag containing manufacturer information of some kind, while some didn't. Some also had a tag on the inside body of the jersey with "100% Polyester," and some didn't.

You can choose to believe me or not, this is my first post. (It really doesn't matter, since your jersey is real.)

Your specific jersey fits the scheme and template of a jersey produced between 1992-93 season and the 1995-96 season. What the earlier poster had right was the introduction of the gold logo for the NBA50 celebration (1996-97), and the introduction of Nike, Puma and (I believe) Starter for specific teams in 1997-98. Nike took over the Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Raptors and some others that year. Your jersey can't be earlier than 1992-93 because the Bulls jerseys were still screen-printed or heat pressed then, and it can't be later than 1995-96 because of the logo being red, white and blue. I'm guessing that it's probably early 1990s, and probably the year they introduced the fully stitched jersey and black with white bordered surnames (1992-93).

i appreciate your feedback, the jersey appeared to be authentic although i'm no expert i have a few other champion jerseys i was able to compare it too.
IMG_6931.JPG
IMG_6939.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6944.JPG
unfortunately i've already completed a return since i wasn't convinced it was authentic based on the feedback i'd received from members of this thread and comparing to my jerseys from circa 1995.

Last edited:
wow. Need to see more before I conclude where I stand. I'd like to see nike stray away from these kind of sublimated designs, I think they're foolish. The 90's designs were sick because they were all encompassing, these are like after thoughts that don't feel as good... like a tribal tattoo.

I can see the Native American Inspiration which is awesome, font on front of jersey almost feels a little skater/tony hawk to me, wonder if it could have been executed a bit cleaner.

Shorts look to be on point - Vancouver Grizzlies or old T wolves vibes

Def agree the okc jerseys need a contrasting collar / sleeves. Love the sublimation, the orange pops off it. Not sure i like the fonts, might be a grower but the overall look doesnt scream sports. Not aure if thats a good or bad thing

Apart from EPS and Gerry Cosby's, who is able to strip and customize jerseys ?
Do you know the name of the official Lakers tailor though ?

Back
Top Bottom