Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

How big of a difference is there between the Reebok 46 and 48? My old jerseys were a 52 and they were huge and I can't seem to find a 46.

Also, is Valqual a legit seller?

Thanks

Valqual is legit. I think they're fullmoonjerseys affiliated but people from JC have bought from them before. IMO, I would say a 48 would fit like a 46 if you wore a hoodie under it? If that makes sense. :lol:

don't know if this is common knowledge about the new nfl jerseys, but i saw this on uni-watch and thought i would share.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Nike found out they didn’t have the means to produce enough jerseys to supply all 32 teams and had to contract with an outside vendor. Ripon, which made Reebok jerseys, is now making about 28 teams’ jerseys with Nike sending the tagging.

2. Many players are having the “Flywire” collar cut down height-wise, as it is so thick and rigid that it was cutting and irritating their neck.

3. Teams are no longer creating custom “game cuts,” as the fabric would rip at the seams if altered. When equipment managers complained, Nike said that they were using subpar thread and sewing machines (way to pass the buck).

4. Nike is only offering three cuts — linebacker, skill, and QB/kicker. Reebok offered several more cut/style options.

and:

When the jersey is washed a couple of times, the Flywire collar has a tendency to fade drastically and the shiny design gets white and flakes off. As you might imagine, this would not look good on TV. The equipment managers were complaining so much that the NFL supposedly sent out a memo in the last week telling them to discontinue their *****ing, as there is a 12-year contract with Nike and that’s the end of it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

just a couple of things to think about before you go out and buy an authentic nike nfl jersey.

I figured that was going to be quoted here. :lol:

Most of that post was from an anonymous person who said it was from an anonymous source so we don't know if that's fully legit. I remember one of the comments saying that this may sort of be a reason why various Nike college football teams have so many alternate jerseys to pick from. :tongue:

The thing that made me raise my eyebrow was the 12-year contract reference—wasn't the contract five years? If it turns out to be 12, then I will stand corrected.

from uni-watch :lol: :tongue:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nike feedback, continued: The anonymous critiques of the new Nike uniforms that I reported last Thursday have now largely been confirmed by two sources. One of them would only speak on deep background but essentially confirmed the narrative that was set out last Thursday. The other source is an NFL assistant equipment manager. I won’t name him or his team, but here’s what he has to say:

There are many issues with the new jersey materials being used. We use game jerseys for practice, because the coach likes the players to wear what they wear during the game. So using those game jerseys on a daily basis, we see the wear concerns in the matter of a couple of weeks. The Flywire collars started to separate after week one!

We also had Nike tell us we were using the wrong needles on our sewing machines. We investigated and found out we use the same needles they recommend. We were having issues with certain fabrics in the jersey fraying around our stitches when we added ad patches. We have presented all of these issues all the way up the chain of command, up to a high-ranking executive. This executive actually came to our equipment room and my boss went over the details of the issues with him. He was disgusted with the issues that we are having.

Now, a lot of these issues you won’t see on a lot of jerseys, because most game jerseys only get washed 8-10 times. Except for the severely stained ones, which we’ve had more than usual of this year as well.

Another side note is the sheerness of the fabric. If we use the wrong color girdles with our pants, the fabric changes colors. The game socks are also doing the same thing. If a player has a different color spandex on under their socks, it shows through.

All the teams we play are saying the same things. The annual fall equipment managers’ meetings that are coming up soon would be fun to attend, because there will be a ton of issues addressed….

As for the memo [that was supposedly issued by the NFL office, telling equipment managers to stop complaining about the new uniforms], that would be something that my boss would have gotten, and he doesn’t always share that kind of thing with me.

Faaaascinating.

When I first wrote about this last week, reader Douglas King posted a comment asking if there had been similar “growing pains” when Reebok took over the NFL’s uniform contract in 2001. I don’t know the answer to that question (Uni Watch was a much more rudimentary enterprise in 2001), but Douglas’s underlying point — i.e., that any large-scale uniform transition is likely to entail a few hiccups — is a fair one. Still, it’s hard not to think that there’s a really simple solution to problems with the Nikelace: Don’t use the ******g Nikelace! It’s bad enough that it’s just a branding gimmick masquerading as “innovation”; if it’s also causing physical/functional problems, that’s inexcusable.

If any other NFL people want to chime in on this (anonymity assured), feel free to be in touch.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. Man, you'd think Nike would have done a much better job since they do the NCAA jerseys.

Thanks for sharing that. Man, you'd think Nike would have done a much better job since they do the NCAA jerseys.

Indeed, it's very disappointing so many teams are having problems.

Now that a second source confirmed it, I guess it is less likely to be BS after all... It makes me wonder if the Eagles, Raiders, Packers, Falcons, and Patriots opted not to go with the flywire collars and Elite jerseys because they knew these problems would arise and chose rather to go with what wasn't broken, so to speak? :nerd: :nerd:

Indeed, it's very disappointing so many teams are having problems.
Now that a second source confirmed it, I guess it is less likely to be BS after all... It makes me wonder if the Eagles, Raiders, Packers, Falcons, and Patriots opted not to go with the flywire collars and Elite jerseys because they knew these problems would arise and chose rather to go with what wasn't broken, so to speak? :nerd: :nerd:

I feel like the Packers and Raiders have such classic uniforms that they didn't want Nike to impose their gimmicky design on them. Let's be honest, those flywire collars look awful, especially the two tone ones. They annoy me about as much as these replacement refs. I respect those teams for refusing to change.

Last edited:
so buying the packers authentic isint as bad as buying another teams cuz it wont have performance issues?

NFL Mitchell and Ness 2012 releases

1) 1990 Deion Sanders Black Atlanta Falcons Jersey $250.00
2) 1985 Walter Payton Chicago Bears Dark Jersey $300.00

COWBOYS

1971 Bob Lilly & Rodger Staubach Dallas Cowboys Dark Jerseys $275.00
1992 Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith Dallas Cowboys Dark Jerseys $225.00
1994 Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith Dallas Cowboys Throwback Jerseys $300.00

BRONCOS
1994 John Elway Denver Broncos Orange Throwback Jersey $300.00

RAIDERS
1983 Howie Long LA Raiders Black Jersey $260.00
1990 Bo Jackson LA Raiders Black Jersey $260.00

SAINTS
1971 Archie Manning New Orleans Saints White Jersey $200.00

GIANTS
1986 Phil Simms & Harry Carson NY Giants Jerseys $250.00

EAGLES
1980 Ron Jaworski Philadelphia Eagles Green Jersey $250.00
1992 Randall Cunningham Philadelphia Eagles Green Jersey $250.00

CARDINALS
2000 PAT TILLMAN ARIZONA CARDINALS JERSEY $250.00

STEELERS
1975 Mean "Joe" Greene and Jack Lambert Pittsburgh Steelers Black Jerseys $300.00

49ers
1989 Joe Montan San Francisco 49ers Jersey $250.00

1994 Deion Sanders San Francisco 49ers jersey $275.00

Seahawks
1985 Steve Largent Seattle Seahawks $250.00

1994 Deion Sanders San Francisco 49ers jersey $275.00

Will cop if it's available during the BF sale.

14w3w3t.jpg

2z9a712.jpg

333xt7c.jpg

$100

Hate the collars on the Giants jersey. The shield is below the collar instead of inside it so the cut is so much lower.

can you guys help me with a legit check, would be greatly appreciated. And would this be considered an authentic or replica? and did sand knit use numbers or spelled out sizes on authentics? (if you do the right click function "open picture in new window, it will be the original large sized picture)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom