Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

Have another question about Authentic MLB jerseys. Are the size of the Numbers and Letters on the nameplate the same size on all the different size's of the jerseys as in size 40, 44, 48 etc. have the same size authentic number and letters concerning width and length.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Have another question about Authentic MLB jerseys. Are the size of the Numbers and Letters on the nameplate the same size on all the different size's of the jerseys as in size 40, 44, 48 etc. have the same size authentic number and letters concerning width and length.

They're all the same, well at least 40, 44 and 48

Thats great! That opens up more options for me when buying blanks. Im very meticulous about having the same names and numbers, if i could just get a blank and find the same jersey in a 44/48 that was pre-made with the player i want, i can just strip that one and apply it to my blank 40. I understand EPS does a great job but instead of having the name and number replicated, i can get the actual numbers of the year.

Thats great! That opens up more options for me when buying blanks. Im very meticulous about having the same names and numbers, if i could just get a blank and find the same jersey in a 44/48 that was pre-made with the player i want, i can just strip that one and apply it to my blank 40. I understand EPS does a great job but instead of having the name and number replicated, i can get the actual numbers of the year.
I don't understand your reasoning here.  Why would you strip the numbers off a jersey only to put it on another?  This doesn't make sense, unless you're stripping them off a gamer.  EPS will do most jerseys to the exact specifications of on-field jerseys, so what you're planning to do would just be a waste of money.

Well Trav T, I would only do this with past jerseys or lettering styles that are no longer available. Let me better explain. It would be foolish to do this with recent jerseys that are still being made since i can just buy them from the nationals while at the park. The Nationals are still a fairly new organization, came back to DC just in 2005, There hasnt been years and years of people buying authentics making it less people selling , and the few that do buy them, most keep because i look at ebay every day, and most of the authentics i see are all at the park. Im a size 40 and again, i rarely find pre-made jerseys from years past on there. BUT i constantly see blanks in size 40 for very cheap, $30-$40. Now these blanks that i want are from the years between 2005-2008. Those lettering styles and names are no longer made on the recent nationals uniforms. There are certain jersey styles that i love that i would want, for example, the Ryan Zimmerman that Eyanks has in his collection. its a jersey from 2006, the patch is no longer used, its a size 44, not my size, i can acquire that same jersey, blank in a size 40. when pre-made jerseys show up the very few times, i can also get them cheap, but its almost always sizes 44 and up. My cheap blank 40 + a cheap pre-made 44 like eyanks of player i want = Not a waste of money, i know i have to get the stuff sewn on but thats not a 100 dollar job. I now have the same exact authentic lettering and number style used that year on my jersey versus a replication of it. Getting it customized from EPS could even be more expensive then what i have explained, I believe quotes from EPS are $60 since the nationals 2006 style is not just a simple style like a yankees or frisco, lets say $40 for the blank + $60 EPS job = $100 excluding shipping and any other fees like taxes added is more expensive than what i would do. I hope that was more clear. Hopefully one day my account will get accepted at Jerseycentral.org and a whole new and great resource will be available to acquire more nats jerseys. one day 
tired.gif

Well Trav T, I would only do this with past jerseys or lettering styles that are no longer available. Let me better explain. It would be foolish to do this with recent jerseys that are still being made since i can just buy them from the nationals while at the park. The Nationals are still a fairly new organization, came back to DC just in 2005, There hasnt been years and years of people buying authentics making it less people selling , and the few that do buy them, most keep because i look at ebay every day, and most of the authentics i see are all at the park. Im a size 40 and again, i rarely find pre-made jerseys from years past on there. BUT i constantly see blanks in size 40 for very cheap, $30-$40. Now these blanks that i want are from the years between 2005-2008. Those lettering styles and names are no longer made on the recent nationals uniforms. There are certain jersey styles that i love that i would want, for example, the Ryan Zimmerman that Eyanks has in his collection. its a jersey from 2006, the patch is no longer used, its a size 44, not my size, i can acquire that same jersey, blank in a size 40. when pre-made jerseys show up the very few times, i can also get them cheap, but its almost always sizes 44 and up. My cheap blank 40 + a cheap pre-made 44 like eyanks of player i want = Not a waste of money, i know i have to get the stuff sewn on but thats not a 100 dollar job. I now have the same exact authentic lettering and number style used that year on my jersey versus a replication of it. Getting it customized from EPS could even be more expensive then what i have explained, I believe quotes from EPS are $60 since the nationals 2006 style is not just a simple style like a yankees or frisco, lets say $40 for the blank + $60 EPS job = $100 excluding shipping and any other fees like taxes added is more expensive than what i would do. I hope that was more clear. Hopefully one day my account will get accepted at Jerseycentral.org and a whole new and great resource will be available to acquire more nats jerseys. one day 
tired.gif
I see what you're saying, but 2005-08 is not that long ago.  I'm almost certain that EPS would be able to get that job spot on.  They've done far older jerseys spot on.  The patches can also be found on ebay.  Another thing about stripping numbers and letters in my experience is that the twill can get a little messed up in the process.  Sometimes it just doesn't strip that cleanly based on the sewing job and the adhesive applied.  If you buy a blank for around $40, then a customized 44 for around $50-70, I don't really see how that's gonna save much money.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

Good luck getting your account approved, been waiting since the beginning of the year
laugh.gif
Sigh, registered late last year. Oh well, cant do nothing about it.
I see what you're saying, but 2005-08 is not that long ago.  I'm almost certain that EPS would be able to get that job spot on.  They've done far older jerseys spot on.  The patches can also be found on ebay.  Another thing about stripping numbers and letters in my experience is that the twill can get a little messed up in the process.  Sometimes it just doesn't strip that cleanly based on the sewing job and the adhesive applied.  If you buy a blank for around $40, then a customized 44 for around $50-70, I don't really see how that's gonna save much money.

Im not questioning whether EPS can replicate stuff spot on. I care more about having the chance to have the actual lettering and numbers versus a replication. I dont believe i mentioned i was looking to save money, most likely it will end up less or even if i buy the blank and the pre-made versus if i would customize with EPS, and if it ends up being more, lets say if the pre-made i bought WAS $70, the difference would be just a few dollars. Im not worried if i had to spend $10-$15 more bucks if it means i have the actual lettering made by the nationals. I appreciate the concern in being economical but im always more concerned about having the exact same authentic stuff and looking for the opportunity to acquire a jersey as if i was at nats park in 2006 buying that zimmerman jersey. Again i dont want to sound like im knocking EPS, i actually plan on using them in the future, but when there is an opportunity for something like this, why not. To each his own

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Would love to find a Bonds Giants jersey from the 90s.
I actually have a 90s road blank that I was gonna turn into Bonds.  However, I found a blank black alternate that I am turning into Bonds, and I don't see the point in having two Bonds jerseys.  Who do you guys think I should go with?  I was thinking a 1995 Deion Sanders jersey would be pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Trav T

I actually have a 90s road blank that I was gonna turn into Bonds.  However, I found a blank black alternate that I am turning into Bonds, and I don't see the point in having two Bonds jerseys.  Who do you guys think I should go with?  I was thinking a 1995 Deion Sanders jersey would be pretty cool.

Deion would be
pimp.gif
Rod Beck? Rich Aurilla?

Deion would be
pimp.gif
Rod Beck? Rich Aurilla?
Rich Aurilia will always be one of my favorites, but maybe a 2000-2004 Russell jersey would be more appropriate.  I also was thinking about Kent, Nen, and Snow.  Deion would be a really cool and rare one to have, though.  
Those 1993 Giants home jerseys are awesome!  I'm not such a big fan of the road, though.

Deion would be
pimp.gif
Rod Beck? Rich Aurilla?
Rich Aurilia will always be one of my favorites, but maybe a 2000-2004 Russell jersey would be more appropriate.  I also was thinking about Kent, Nen, and Snow.  Deion would be a really cool and rare one to have, though.  
Those 1993 Giants home jerseys are awesome!  I'm not such a big fan of the road, though.

97' JT SNOW
pimp.gif

2hnz8zs.jpg

i'm happy with it, but it's true... overall the circa 2000 nike football jerseys >>>
but the material of the 2012 elite jerseys feels amazing.
pimp.gif

haven't had an authentic ray lewis since around 2000 and that was sz 56
30t6p3b.gif
and i hate the reebok jerseys.
sick.gif

I'm gonna cop a LeSean Eagles elite once they go live
I'm scared to cop Vick even though I think the Eagles are serious contenders 

Originally Posted by UCLAkers

Hi,
I just started to collect Authentic MLB jerseys and I just wanted to know if this 2008 Dodgers Chan Ho Park jersey is Authentic or Replica?  I was told by the seller its Authentic but I don't see the LA logo on the left sleeve and I also don't see the Dodgers 50th anniversary patch on the right sleeve.  

http://i1175.photobucket..../r640/UCLAkers/Park1.jpg

http://i1175.photobucket..../r640/UCLAkers/Park2.jpg

Yeah, that Chan Ho is definitely a replica. All they did was add the red numbering to the front of the jersey. It doesn't have the 50th anniversary patch and also, the laundry tag isn't the style they used on authentics that year. Another thing about Dodger Authentic jerseys is they have a piece of Velcro between the Dodgers or Los Angeles lettering, if the jersey doesn't have it, then it's a replica.

Back
Top Bottom