~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Originally Posted by i3allistic

quick question to all the car heads and mechanics, steering wheel feels a little wobbly and shaky at high speeds. Cause of the problem?

u hit anything on the road lately?

might be alignment might be off, wheels and tires might need rebalancing

No nothing. wheel just starts to shake above 65 mph

Probably need your wheels and tires rebalanced. Have you used Fix-A-Flat before? That will throw off your wheel/tire balance.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by i3allistic

quick question to all the car heads and mechanics, steering wheel feels a little wobbly and shaky at high speeds. Cause of the problem?

u hit anything on the road lately?

might be alignment might be off, wheels and tires might need rebalancing

No nothing. wheel just starts to shake above 65 mph

Probably need your wheels and tires rebalanced. Have you used Fix-A-Flat before? That will throw off your wheel/tire balance.

never used fix aflat. Ima go get the wheels checked out and the allignment. Good lookin out fellas

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^

Most likely its a balancing issue. Get your tires balanced quick, I almost had a blowout on the highway cause of unbalanced tires.

Not sure if this belongs in this post or the "Car" post....but anyways looking at getting an Infiniti either an G35x or M35. After reading reviews onthem they have gotten strong reviews with the largest complaint being gas mileage (understandable) and tires wearing down quickly. Thoughts or opinions oneither one...

Two cars that I have looked at...

1. 2006 Infiniti M 35x 60,453 mi. Diamond Graphite, 4 door, AWD, Sedan, AUTO 5SPD, 3.5L V6, Stock# S3751.---PRICE is $23,988
2. 2007 Infiniti G35 x fully loaded sedan, AWD with 58, 367 miles for about 23k

thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments you might have....
[h1]
[/h1]

Yeah that was initially what stood out to me...I was def. not a fan of the mileage.

So is the mileage to high for the price or for the good of the car?

Originally Posted by langfor5

Not sure if this belongs in this post or the "Car" post....but anyways looking at getting an Infiniti either an G35x or M35. After reading reviews on them they have gotten strong reviews with the largest complaint being gas mileage (understandable) and tires wearing down quickly. Thoughts or opinions on either one...

Two cars that I have looked at...

1. 2006 Infiniti M 35x 60,453 mi. Diamond Graphite, 4 door, AWD, Sedan, AUTO 5SPD, 3.5L V6, Stock# S3751.---PRICE is $23,988
2. 2007 Infiniti G35 x fully loaded sedan, AWD with 58, 367 miles for about 23k

thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments you might have....
I have a M45, same year with about the same mileage. I got mine as a lease return from some guy in Maryland. From what I know the dude went backand forth from NY to MD. With those engines you really dont have to worry about mileage too much. I've seen I30s with 130,000 miles with no problems. BUTyour going to be out of warranty already. If your getting it from the dealer, try to get some type of extended warranty. Also, make sure it covers theelectronics as well, not just thr drivetrain. Check out the Carfax too. Its not always gonna show everything but if there were any major accidents, theperson most likely went the insurance so it would show up. As far as gas mileage and tires... Be prepared. I cant speak for the M35x but on the M45 theres somuch torq that you peel off all the time by accident. Tires would be a problem unless you have a light foot. Gas mileage is the same. I live 10 mins awayfrom work so it isnt that bad right now. When I first got the car is was driving from the Bronx to Brooklyn for work everyday (25.5 miles each way). I had tofill up at least once per week. At the end of the day, buy what you like. If you have to spend a little extra on maintenance, who cars. When its all saidand done, your pushing a car your completely comfortable with and enjoy driving. Good luck.

uc_suggretailvalue.gif
hub_whatsthis.png

More Photos

Condition
whatsthis.gif
Value

Excellent
$27,820

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition

uc_suggretailvalue.gif
hub_whatsthis.png

More Photos

Condition
whatsthis.gif
Value

Excellent
$23,020

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition... More

not really a complaint but driving a g37, thing isnt the most gas friendly car, the lowesxt M v the highest g, M is a bigger car, i say since both cars arecomparable and basically the same price go with wichever you like best...

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Both

58k miles on a 2 year old car? My car doesn't even have that much mileage and it's an 05
laugh.gif
Look for something else.
Gotta take into context that 07 models come out in mid 06 so thats what... 3 years, thats only about 19K per year since it came out which is aboutstandard mileage per year a car is driven.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Both

58k miles on a 2 year old car? My car doesn't even have that much mileage and it's an 05
laugh.gif
Look for something else.
Gotta take into context that 07 models come out in mid 06 so thats what... 3 years, thats only about 19K per year since it came out which is about standard mileage per year a car is driven.
Yupp, and the 06 model came out in 05. Thats only about 15k/yr. Right there with the national average. The car just didnt loose that much ofits value
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Both

laugh.gif
Look for something else.
Gotta take into context that 07 models come out in mid 06 so thats what... 3 years, thats only about 19K per year since it came out which is about standard mileage per year a car is driven.
Isn't 10k the standard?

I was doing some research on that and from what I found the "answer" just depends on who you ask. Some say 10k, others say 15k and a number of placessaid 20k. I mean if you lived in a small city and your job was right down the street and you didn't do much traveling then 10-15k would be a realisticfigure as to how many miles you drove in a year. But if you were a traveling salesman or you lived in a big city then you could do 30 to 50k in a year.

My "guesstimate" would have to be 15-20k on average.

800x600_2011-infiniti-m56-sport2.jpg
800x600_2011-infiniti-m37x-2.jpg
800x600_2011-infiniti-m37x-3.jpg
800x600_2011-infiniti-m37x-1.jpg
800x600_2011-infiniti-m56-sport-int2.jpg
800x600_2011-infiniti-m37x-4.jpg
800x600_2011_Infiniti_M37.jpg
funny-pictures-dancing-cat.jpg

RIP to the 5-Series, A6, E-Class (Not really
laugh.gif
), and GS. I need this car in my life!
Last night, Nissan "virtually" took the wraps off of its 2011 Infiniti M. While we were a bit disappointed that no 'actual' debut of the 2011 M was made, the information released has us very excited for what is to come from this new Infiniti sedan.

Besides the visual upgrades and minor interior enhancements, the 2011 Infiniti M will drop its current M35 and M45 designations for 'M37′ and 'M56′ respectively - that of course means more power for both M variants.

The 2011 M37 will be powered by a 3.7L VVEL V6 making 328-hp, or 25 more horsepower than the current M35. The 2011 M56 will carry a new 5.6L V8 making 400-hp, or 75 more than the current M45.

That will put Infiniti's 2011 M ahead of other luxury competitors including BMW's 360-hp 550i, Lexus' 380-hp GS460 and Mercedes-Benz's 382-hp E550. If pricing for the 2011 Infiniti M stays within the range of the current model - Infiniti may have a winner here.

Not to mention, Infiniti is also planning a hybrid version of the M for release in the United States in 2010. Power is expected to come from the 3.7L VVEL V6 mated to a electric-hybrid system seen in the Infiniti Essence concept.

Back
Top Bottom