Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

can anyone tell me why on blu ray they shorten the screen size but on cable tv they dont? so on TV it fits the whole screen but parts are cut off?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

on TV it's stretched bro.

but it may lose quality but it feels better, when I try fitting blu ray movies to screen it cuts off the edges

I feel HBO HD fit to screen > blu ray w/ black boxes

imo

do any of you watch blu rays in zoom mode? it cuts of the edges a bit but it fills the whole screen nicely and still looks good

Aight since I've had my way with this sale already I figure I'll share now if yall weren't up on it already.

www.hollywoodvideo.com

www.moviegallery.com

$6.99 used Blu-rays

code-25pv for 25% off

$5.83 shipped.

The sight is getting smashed and movies come and go so you kinda gotta stay on it. But I'm 25 movies in already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

do any of you watch blu rays in zoom mode? it cuts of the edges a bit but it fills the whole screen nicely and still looks good
definitely don't. although it doesn't fill the whole screen, blu-rays are shown the way they were intended to be watched and include everything that was filmed. if you like the full screen, take a look at some blu-rays with imax scenes i.e. dark knight, transformers 2 imax edition

110y4ua.jpg

2ujt9ut.jpg

2ex1my9.jpg

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics but here is my little collection. I've just started. I wish I could get rid of all my regular movies and switch them to Blu-Ray for a small cost. All I am proud of really is the David Gilmour, Planet Earth and Old Boy.

i have that david gilmour too. awesome concert.

how does where the wild things are look? i didn't know it came outtr

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

110y4ua.jpg

2ujt9ut.jpg

2ex1my9.jpg

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics but here is my little collection. I've just started. I wish I could get rid of all my regular movies and switch them to Blu-Ray for a small cost. All I am proud of really is the David Gilmour, Planet Earth and Old Boy.
True Romance 
pimp.gif

Old Boy 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gonna have to pick up Old Boy

28 blu rays=162.92

I don't know if I should
pimp.gif
or
smh.gif
myself.

I got three vacations in the next three months to pay for.

I got Oldboy off target.com when I had a giftcard. I've never seen it in stores. Also, I haven't even watched Where the Wild Things Are yet, but i'll let you know. It came out a few days ago btw

Picked up blow and kill bill today... blow as only 10.99 at bestbiy

Just popped it in... so far it looks kind of awful on blu... the colors feel way off...

I'm confused on the LOTR release, so the one coming out on April 6th is not the extended version? But there is an extended version that's coming out in the future? SMH 
tired.gif

Finally Saving Private Ryan is gonna come out on Blu Ray...Amazon says May 4th
51inT85gEvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

I'm confused on the LOTR release, so the one coming out on April 6th is not the extended version? But there is an extended version that's coming out in the future? SMH 
tired.gif

same way they did it with the DVD releases.  You'd have to be pretty dumb to get this initial BR release

Picked up Napolean Dynamite, The Kingdom, and Behind Enemy Lines the other day
laugh.gif

Where the Wild Things are came out last Tuesday as well as Ponyo. I bought both and they both look great. Ponyo stood out a little more IMO but that's probably because it has a lot more colors than Where the Wild Things Are.

Both are really good movies too.

P.S. Beauty and the Beast Blu-Ray preview-
eek.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Looks like PURE TRASH !

Review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/mo...elly-Blu-ray-Review/347/
gl, thanks
i just read that review for belly.  basically, the review stated that the transfer was good.  it showed the intended look of the source well.

it's just that the style of the film was intended to appear having a certain imperfect look.

basically... that's how the guy who made it wanted you to see it.

anyone got a copy of IP MAN on blu ray? i've yet to cop a blu ray and thinking about this as my first purchase lol

hurt locker....rent or buy?

i'm not a collector at all, just wondering if it has any replay value. i hear it's a movie all about suspense, so i'm not sure if it'd be as good watching it the second, third, fourth, etc. time around.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

hurt locker....rent or buy?

i'm not a collector at all, just wondering if it has any replay value. i hear it's a movie all about suspense, so i'm not sure if it'd be as good watching it the second, third, fourth, etc. time around.
I'll get flamed for this (no pun intended), but I didn't think it was gripping, Oscar worthy stuff.

It's like the others to me. Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

hurt locker was great.....just dont think you need to buy an blu ray.......only things I even entertain the though of buying are movies made with huge amounts of CGI

Back
Top Bottom