OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

noble315 noble315 noblekane noblekane

Ronnie is just a community manager. He doesn't work on the game as far as I know.

But the game is "broken" depending on the mode you get yourself into.

Any mode that involves Humans creating players, spending ACTUAL money, and doing everything they can to look for overpowered advantages MIGHT be "broken."

It got really ugly in the team arena for the first game of the night.

DC5858CE-383C-4DF8-9D06-F0EF360CF688.jpeg

Ronnie is just a community manager. He doesn't work on the game as far as I know.

Any mode that involves Humans creating players, spending ACTUAL money, and doing everything they can to look for overpowered advantages MIGHT be "broken."
i play myplayer nba season the most. the computer ai for the team and opponents is atrocious. no way should anthony davis be missing shots underneath the rim because jeremy lin is next to him. slso I try playing the online park and rec but holy **** why cant i make a shot online?

Yes - Ronnie is a nobody in terms of game development

wish i had a pro am team but i cant even shoot for **** 🤦🏻‍♂️

It really just boils down to your 3-ball rating, badges, player height, and the jumpshot.

If all else fails try jumpshot 38 with QD silver. Easiest to time in the game in my opinion. None of my players have a 3 point rating over 79 and I shoot well over 60% from behind the 3pt line.

It really just boils down to your 3-ball rating, badges, player height, and the jumpshot.

If all else fails try jumpshot 38 with QD silver. Easiest to time in the game in my opinion. None of my players have a 3 point rating over 79 and I shoot well over 60% from behind the 3pt line.

and there you have it folks

this is why the park etc are awful

they ruined myplayer to get more little kids to play and beg their parents for VC

it's working tho and they have no competition so i guess we just watch 2k turn into madden

My boys got me to finally break and play park with them, had a ton of vc stocked up since I never spend it on anything so was able to build a decent player relatively quick.

Playing with friends is cool, playing by yourself is unbearable.
Nobody passes, nobody tries to play in any way that feels like actual basketball, everyone just runs side to side on the 3 pt line and chucks or dribbles their *** off trying to get to the rim.

Sticking to franchise/play now unless my friends hit me up to run with them. I have little to 0 faith in them focusing on the game modes I like and I can't imagine the park **** will get much better, that **** is a circus and the kids seem to love it.

My boys got me to finally break and play park with them, had a ton of vc stocked up since I never spend it on anything so was able to build a decent player relatively quick.

Nobody passes, nobody tries to play in any way that feels like actual basketball, everyone just runs side to side on the 3 pt line and chucks or dribbles their *** off trying to get to the rim.

Sticking to franchise/play now unless my friends hit me up to run with them. I have little to 0 faith in them focusing on the game modes I like and I can't imagine the park **** will get much better, that **** is a circus and the kids seem to love it.

Preach!!!

they ruined myplayer to get more little kids to play and beg their parents for VC

it's working tho and they have no competition so i guess we just watch 2k turn into madden

Nothing but facts. They done bastardized the game.

For what it’s worth I’d rather 2k be more sim. But let’s be honest here that’s not the audience they cater to.

Every year when the game comes out people struggle with shooting ( Always feels fine to me). And moan and complain to the devs on Social media until they patch it to the point anyone can shoot with a 50 3ball.

Also badges in this game are completely overpowered.

Yea my player might have a 78 3 ball. But our PG runs HOF floor General so everyone on the courts offensive stats get a +4 boost. So once the tip happens my rating is a 82. Once your takeover meter fills up your stats increase. So once my meter feels up I have a 87 3 before we even factor in things like, Dimer, Catch & Shoot, HZH, Green Machine etc.

It’s just so many boosts popping off at once by the time the ball leaves your hand it’s basically like shooting with a 95+ 3 ball.

Also badges in this game are completely overpowered.

Yea my player might have a 78 3 ball. But our PG runs HOF floor General so everyone on the courts offensive stats get a +4 boost. So once the tip happens my rating is a 82. Once your takeover meter fills up your stats increase. So once my meter feels up I have a 87 3 before we even factor in things like, Dimer, Catch & Shoot, HZH, Green Machine etc.

It’s just so many boosts popping off at once by the time the ball leaves your hand it’s basically like shooting with a 95+ 3 ball.

yea thats terrible

the whole myplayer mode needs an overhaul

they need to separate the nba experience from the park rec etc

the fact you cant make a real nba player over 6'5 is bonkers like Giannis Bron PG and KD dont exist because some toddler in the park would complain

yea thats terrible

the whole myplayer mode needs an overhaul

they need to separate the nba experience from the park rec etc

the fact you cant make a real nba player over 6'5 is bonkers like Giannis Bron PG and KD dont exist because some toddler in the park would complain

100% The game is catered to smaller guards and a specific way of play. Which is 4 out PNR.

I personally use players that are 6’7 - 6’9. And no one on my squad uses a player shorter than 6’6.

Our team runs a 5-out as out base offense and that's really out of necessity. Once you get to those really good pro-am teams you're going to encounter teams of full of 4 defenders and 1 PG who is going to have the ball in his hands every single possession. They're going to sit in a 2-3 zone and hide their offensive guard in a corner while their locks spam steal the entire game.

I just wish it was more ways to play and be effective in this game.

Last edited:
Only do Play now / Franchise / season stuff and have been for years.

2K has been relatively speaking, fantastic for me.

adjust some sliders, adjust game speed a little, and you have a fantastic basketball sim IMO.

I supposed if you're looking for the other bells and whistles then that's where the problems occur with the game.

Only do Play now / Franchise / season stuff and have been for years.

2K has been relatively speaking, fantastic for me.

adjust some sliders, adjust game speed a little, and you have a fantastic basketball sim IMO.

I supposed if you're looking for the other bells and whistles then that's where the problems occur with the game.
Been preaching this for years

. People like to call it as me CAPING but no, there are legit different games on one "disk" when you deal with 2K.

The game is what you make it.

But yea, posting content. ALl of our sims are CPU vs. CPU.

XBOX ONe

The game itself is dog****, regardless of whatever mode you play. I usually spend weeks customizing rosters and sliders before going into association but didn’t even try this year. I really wanted to try the MyGM story mode but my god...all those cutscenes and conversations.

Only way I’ve found enjoyment out of the game is linking up with my boys and running ProAm. And even that sucks.

EA needs to get it together and give me a reason to switch or force 2k to make a better game.

I don’t play 2k because I like 2k...more so I play it because I love basketball and it’s all we got.

Half of the time it’s just cracking jokes with the boys in the party. Can’t run any pickup in real life.

Back
Top Bottom