OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

To me it’s the balancing and the badges that’s the biggest issue...I still stand by the belief that Steph Curry ruined 2k.
Steph ruined basketball to many, so that isn't a far-fetched statement.

I don't even know where they would start when it comes down to toning down the nonsense of the "CAP Modes."

They have bent over WHENEVER people cried about stuff being remotely realistic (see this thread during the first WEEK with people crying about shooting) to the point they are at the mercy of the consumer more than many other game franchsies.

2K needs to put their foot down and tell people, "Look, we are cutting out all this goofy stuff, this is what you are getting." But I know that won't happen because too many people have been accustomed to basketball presented as a joke. (In those modes most people play)

got damn this thread finally blew up again after months lol

glad to see theres alot of others who have problems with the game. I dont get how you can be anthony davis under the basket and miss a point blank lay up just because isiah thomas is closing in on you. and no not the hall of famer zeke.

its just stupid **** like that thats so cheese and unrealistic.

glad to see theres alot of others who have problems with the game. I dont get how you can be anthony davis under the basket and miss a point blank lay up just because isiah thomas is closing in on you. and no not the hall of famer zeke.

Please post video examples when stuff like this happens.

This is the best way to get the changes that you want.

Only do Play now / Franchise / season stuff and have been for years.

2K has been relatively speaking, fantastic for me.

adjust some sliders, adjust game speed a little, and you have a fantastic basketball sim IMO.

I supposed if you're looking for the other bells and whistles then that's where the problems occur with the game.
why you lie to me? you said koala would always need load management
1594827568993.gif

Standing layups are the worst shot in the game. Doesn’t make sense. I can’t explain why but they never go in.

the low post game in general from shooting to post play to rebounding is a joke

Please post video examples when stuff like this happens.

This is the best way to get the changes that you want.

so you never experienced the invisible out of bounds wall that happens when the computer is going to lose the ball out of bounds but the invisible wall bounces the ball back into his hands? i thought is was rare but it happens every game more times than once

Steph ruined basketball to many, so that isn't a far-fetched statement.

I don't even know where they would start when it comes down to toning down the nonsense of the "CAP Modes."

They have bent over WHENEVER people cried about stuff being remotely realistic (see this thread during the first WEEK with people crying about shooting) to the point they are at the mercy of the consumer more than many other game franchsies.

2K needs to put their foot down and tell people, "Look, we are cutting out all this goofy stuff, this is what you are getting." But I know that won't happen because too many people have been accustomed to basketball presented as a joke. (In those modes most people play)

I’ve came to the conclusion that 2k wants to appeal to the casual fanbase over any other demographic. The devs want as many kids being able to succeed as possible. Every year the game feels good at launch and with each patch because the same as the previous years version.

Youtubers and streamers are part of the problem as well.

the low post game in general from shooting to post play to rebounding is a joke

Post hooks and post fades are the most broken thing in the game outside of hopsteps. Completely unstoppable.

so you never experienced the invisible out of bounds wall that happens when the computer is going to lose the ball out of bounds but the invisible wall bounces the ball back into his hands? i thought is was rare but it happens every game more times than once

I am simply saying if you want change to be made with the series, compile video of said situations happening.

Simply saying they happen won't get the results you desire.

I’ve came to the conclusion that 2k wants to appeal to the casual fanbase over any other demographic. The devs want as many kids being able to succeed as possible. Every year the game feels good at launch and with each patch because the same as the previous years version.

As much as I see the slippery slope, we have to remind ourselves the name of the game is to sell records.

Sadly, they move so many units and make SO much money off DLC/MictroTransactions that the complaints from those that want a realistic basketball game might fall on Deaf Ears.

It is what it is.

I am simply saying if you want change to be made with the series, compile video of said situations happening.

Simply saying they happen won't get the desired results you desire.
i seen you post a link where you could tell the wwe 2k creators whats wrong with their game. got anything similar for nba 2k?

As much as I see the slippery slope, we have to remind ourselves the name of the game is to sell records.

Sadly, they move so many units and make SO much money off DLC/MictroTransactions that the complaints from those that want a realistic basketball game might fall on Deaf Ears.

It is what it is.

You’re right. I’ve accepted it. But at the same time if they made the park the cheesy arcadey mode the kids want while also providing a 5v5 mode with adjusted sliders that are more sim I would be content.

I don’t see how they can’t do both when they have adjusted sliders for the 2k league.

Also, much like wrestling, you have to suspend disbelief.

Some of the collision issues are hardware/tech limitations, so I can look past them. I am not telling YOU or anyone else to do the same, but it can make the experience a little more understanding when you understand the tech has essentially been maxed out with what we are currently given.

Also, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

As I said, I play with Custom Rosters OFFLINE. So there is a LOT that they do well that EYE am able to let some of the other things pass.

Again, I am not telling YOU or anyone else to do the same, nor am I saying the game is perfect and without many flaws.
Again, I am not telling YOU or anyone else to do the same, nor am I saying the game is perfect and without many flaws.

#NTExtremes

Nowhere near the truth but I will respect your perspective.

Crazy thing is it is true. And unfortunately, those clips you posted show me that the AI defense still don’t know what the hell they’re doing.

I appreciate what you try to do for this game but the fact that you even have to do that proves how flawed this game is.

i seen you post a link where you could tell the wwe 2k creators whats wrong with their game. got anything similar for nba 2k?
NBA 2K Devs have been very visible for over 15 years now.

You can go to OperationSports FOrums to talk to them.

You can contact them directly on Twitter.

But again, if you aren't providing hardcore evidence on things you are complaining about, don't waste your time.

If you think too many layups are missed (Hard thing to balance but we can have that conversation separately), provide video clips of that happening.

People to contact on Twitter

Mike Wang
Rob Jones
Da_Czar
Scott O'Gallagher
Zach Timmerman

Crazy thing is it is true. And unfortunately, those clips you posted show me that the AI defense still don’t know what the hell they’re doing.
So I think this is where a disconnect occurs when people criticize the AI in sports games.

I think there are unrealistic expectations by many of us.

Rarely is it acknowledged when the AI does the right thing but instances in which the AI "Screws up" the pitchforks come out.

Also, if the AI did "the right thing" MOST of the time, you acknowledge how difficult the game would be right? Seriously step back and think about what you are asking for.

But, Let me ask you think technical question, please answer while staying on topic.

How should "bad defense" be portrayed in a sports game?

I don’t blame the devs. It’s the executives that are making the terrible decisions.
Yep, they will just take the orders from up top.

Just keep in mind, 2K has NO reason to make the game MORE realistic.

It won't get any better as more people play the game.

More little kids (and adults) will play the game and abuse/exploit the limited game mechanics/tech.

I wonder what it will look like Next Gen though.

2k needs competition point blank

as long as they keep rolling in the dough they aren't changing ****

Post hooks and post fades are the most broken thing in the game outside of hopsteps. Completely unstoppable.

bro that **** is ridiculous dudes just spam hopstep and go right through your guy traveling and all from the top of the key right to the rim

Also, much like wrestling, you have to suspend disbelief.

Some of the collision issues are hardware/tech limitations, so I can look past them. I am not telling YOU or anyone else to do the same, but it can make the experience a little more understanding when you understand the tech has essentially been maxed out with what we are currently given.

Also, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

As I said, I play with Custom Rosters OFFLINE. So there is a LOT that they do well that EYE am able to let some of the other things pass.

are you telling me to do the same? and are you telling me the game is perfect and without many flaws? 🤔

I think, playing basketball simulation video games lends itself to an incredible amount of subjectivity and it's extremely personal.

Not even from just presets, sliders, etc. but from a standpoint of assessing what's realistic in the context of it being a video game. No one (at least that I've seen) is really charting how often layups are missed, how errant 3's are relative to actual NBA games, etc. there's a ton of emotion involved that lends one to think "Oh Kyle Korver is open for 3 how has he missed 3 in a row" when in reality that does happen. People do miss layups.

We separate video games from real life so when we pick up the controllers, we're EXPECTING certain outcomes, and when they don't happen (as in real life) we call unrealistic. There are certain animations that are indeed frustrating and unrealistic, but that comes with the territory. It is a video game.

That's not for anyone in here I swear, that's just me saying in general. Commentary is based on years of what people have said about the franchise.

FOR ME, I've enjoyed every 2k release because I look at it with the mindset that there are certain limitations from a tech standpoint, that come with the game and won't really change until we get to next gen. So from that perspective, it's been fine.

Back
Top Bottom