OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

ya whites dont go in on Pro-am/Rec or the Park

only play-now/mycareer

shooting is pretty difficult atm. I cant lie I am struggling between the latency on these courts whether its Pro-am or Rec

i have the same exact jumper from past 3 seasons and this game the green window seems obsolete at times

im team no meter but that still isnt helping

I either hit all of my shots or I hit nothing not much in between

I think I'm around 45% from the 3. I only have a 80 3 ball though and no shooting badges past bronze. The inconsistency of your shot timing is what kills me.

Yeah people talking about completely different games

Zero input delay in Play Now which is a big improvement and probably why shooting is so easy now

In 2k23 there was a decent chance certain shots wouldn’t even register :lol:

You can take 2 shots at exactly the same timing and coverage and one can say excellent perfect release and the next will say slightly late/early.

Now you're in your head holding the button longer/shorter to over compensate missing everything.

I'm used to shooting 60+%.

If I'm getting knocked down 15%, the casual player who was only a 40% shooter in older 2k's is probably in the 20's.

:lol: @ all these people upset they're only shooting 50-60% from 3
Let me ask you this question

have you even played the game online in a Pro-am or Stage matter yet?

if not than ill leave you alone

i dont think anyone is truly shooting 60% from 3 yet in a big size sample in this current game (maybe some Zen users) - its almost impossible as of right now due to input delay for normal users

for past 2-3 years i was a 60-65% 3p shooter on a 85 3pt. I currently have a 90 3 and shooting waaaaaaay below 40% right now in about 40-50 games.. I have just about all my needed 3pt shooting badges gold as well

the timing of shots varies each game literally

it was never ever this bad online

Last edited:
It doesn't matter bro. ****** aren't automatic in real life :lol:

Last three 2k's I regularly shot 80%, maybe the pendulum is just swinging the other way this time.

That said, don't worry. They'll update the game probably by the weekend and yall will be shooting 18-21 again in no time :lol:

I just wish they would go back to 2k20's shooting model. The whole different speeds and random timings to stop zens is a little over the top because no one really good the game used them.

I never lost to anyone using a zen.

It doesn't matter bro. ****** aren't automatic in real life :lol:

Last three 2k's I regularly shot 80%, maybe the pendulum is just swinging the other way this time.

That said, don't worry. They'll update the game probably by the weekend and yall will be shooting 18-21 again in no time :lol:
if you dont play online just say that fam

IT DOES MATTER when playing Pro-am/Stage 3v3 and input/latency comes into play.. do you know what that is ?

how the **** does that not matter? WUT

i get it most of yall dont play the "barbie mode' a few of us play but what yall play in play now vs what we play is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

all i can say is

goto the Gatorade Facility and try shooting or do a dribble move combo

tell me with a straight face "It dont matter"

i love the shooting this year dont get me wrong but the input delay/latency is killing the actual shooting performances

**** goto a normal park game at rise and you will even see the delay lol

Nothing wrong with Play Now it's just too easy for me IMO.

I like the multiple variables of having 10 players on the court at one time in a 5 v 5 game.

if you dont play online just say that fam

IT DOES MATTER when playing Pro-am/Stage 3v3 and input/latency comes into play.. do you know what that is ?

how the **** does that not matter? WUT

i get it most of yall dont play the "barbie mode' a few of us play but what yall play in play now vs what we play is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
"If you don't play online..."

Look at how condescending you are because you actually shoot a slightly less fake percentage in an online video game :lol:

I've played "Barbie Mode" the last 3 2ks relax lil guy.
Like I said, sit tight. You'll be shooting 14-16 from 3 again by the end of the week.

"If you don't play online..."

Look at how condescending you are because you actually shoot a slightly less fake percentage in an online video game :lol:

I've played "Barbie Mode" the last 3 2ks relax lil guy.
Like I said, sit tight. You'll be shooting 14-16 from 3 again by the end of the week.
post your stats from last year than myguy

i think you are truly missing the whole point here

INPUT DELAY AND SHOT LATENCY

i dont expect to shoot lights out every game BUT what i do expect from a game i paid for is that my jumper SHOULD BE consistent from game to game WHICH CURRENTLY ITS NOT.. Just like it was for the past 5 ****ingn years

its really not hard to understand

shooting 80% lololol ya ok

**** just goto reddit/or twitter

nba2k24 delay lol ITS EVERYWHERE

this news aint coming from your lil casuals either who play twice a week

Countless of videos on twitter with the delays via PSN or Xbox

But hey it dont matter they say LOLOL

this is the very first year with Cross-Play so id think that comes into play alil here

Last edited:
Could be a server issue.
Could he a connection issue.
Could be both.
Could be one.
But I doubt all of those people have connection issues.

Wouldn't that be more of a connection issue, though?
its a good honest question but i dont think it is

i can go back to 2k23 and not have that problem, i can go play MLB the show and have no lag or problem hitting on (HOF or legend) and so on

its on 2k server side 100% for Nba2k24 - Something tells me cross-play is the issue atm

2k always has bad servers to start. Id expect it to get better over time but atm its really bad

go play a Streetball game vs the AI than goto the park 3v3 vs humans and anyone can notice it

As soon as i join

First words i hear is gatorade facility and Delay

BUT IT DONT MATTER LOL

Appreciate the link. Tuned in

There is a bit of latency in myteam but for what it's worth i've been hearing that about online play every single year since i picked 2K back up during the pandemic. Maybe i don't really notice it much because i very rarely play against the CPU

2K23 wasnt bad at all. I used to avoid playing online because I was one of the those people that used to turn the game speed up. I didnt like how slow and delayed everything was. My boy dragged me on 2k23 and it seem they got it down. Idk what going on with 24. Im sure they'll fix it tho.

It is amazing that the modes they focus most on and that make them the most $$$ are playing the worst

PNO unchanged going on 5+ years now but at least they threw us a bone fixing lag :lol:

On a similar note it's annoying that we can never get new classic teams for standalone gameplay

100+ new classic teams now across the myEras mode yet none are available to play with except the teams that have been there forever

088539DF-6272-45A9-BCCF-13F595F1EA33.png
EA42DD44-4047-4264-9285-30B4F5BA53EF.png
6A81C7D5-613B-42B1-889D-9318DF4B9F56.png

My guy is a 93 though not sure why it says 90 Ovr at top

Stats from start of season

4D2E8100-B755-4FED-9F42-0F24335598E9.png

This the type of game i love to play

A cheesy team of 5 playing Rec instead if Pro-am running the 5-out cheese while the PG dribbles for 20 seconds trying to get animations only to brick

I had the PG straight boxed with a 41 perimeter defense

A lot of scrubs play this game

4D2E8100-B755-4FED-9F42-0F24335598E9.png

This the type of game i love to play

A cheesy team of 5 playing Rec instead if Pro-am running the 5-out cheese while the PG dribbles for 20 seconds trying to get animations only to brick

I had the PG straight boxed with a 41 perimeter defense

A lot of scrubs play this game

A lot of guards really can't move like that in this game, and most had to sacrifice their defense and finishing for the high shooting and playmaking and speed. Once you get a few bumps on them and make them miss a few shots it's GG's.

Idc what Mike Wang says that shooting slump thing is real.

We actually got the same build name playmaking 3 level threat mine is 6'7 though.

Back
Top Bottom