OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

How does this stuff make it past Quality Assurance. :lol:
its actually insane

i truly dont think many companies play test their games before pushing out a product to the masses

if these companies do they really are half assing it. Its a disgrace to the consumers

even with a 99 noone in they right mind should be hitting full court shots lol or even half court shots at a high rate

i remember hitting full court shots in what nba2k21 when i would post vids here.. for them not to fix it is hilarious

Seems like the Clippers were trying to be in drop coverage at times but they kept allowing Wemby to get behind them placing them in easy positions to score. Should we have seen any adjustments from the CPU here?

Tried to play again and it said the game needs moved to the internal HD

This must be what being a boomer feels like

Overall, how is NBA 2K24? Is it drastically better?
nothing will ever be drastically better in a sports game

in rare occasions a jump in graphics would happen with the launch of a new console but other than that your basically gonna pay for updated rosters and uniforms and even that is pushing it

they never updated the lakers road jerseys last year

Finally got a game in. Played as Detroit vs Atlanta

If they don't get rid of this terrible cut scene after a perfect release.... :stoneface: :smh: **** is terrible regardless of what side of it you're on

Shooting feels harder. Not necessarily a bad thing. Defense still feels good like last year. Paint D might have improved

Didn't notice any input lag but felt like I saw more clunky animations than would be typical in 2k23

C22D144B-FD42-4D49-8396-BE3B180C870A.png

First Proam game

Poor team didnt quit lol i believe it bans you now if you quit out.. 30 mins 1st time, 1 hour the next and so on

Still trying to get used to this build iunno if im messing with it

Should pick up my Black Mamba copy on Sunday hopefully if my GameStop doesn’t sell it.

Impressions are mostly positive after 3 games. Overall gameplay, shooting, and D are solid. Changing the shot release visual cue from push to set point helped with shooting

Speed differences between fast and slow players are a little more pronounced. Better fast break opportunities and ability to get around slow guards or bigs

The movement and new animations are pretty good. A lot of new ones for contested layups/shots around the basket. No noticeable lag online so far which has been the biggest plus

Havent bought 2k in years. I checked out when they started putting a shot meter on layups. They still on that bs?

Ok shooting is too easy. Open looks with a decent shooter are automatic

Played a Warriors user who went 12/17 from 3 in the 2nd Half

2-3 of those were perfect released shots with Looney :smh:

My defense wasn't good but that's besides the point

I will say i like the improvement in shooting

As a shooter every year i deff want to say it is harder (which is a good thing) they implemented a shooting slump system where if you miss first few shots you have to work to get out of it

You miss first 2-3 jumpers and you get put in the splup where your green timing window is hard to hit

Back
Top Bottom