OFFICIAL BCS National Championship Thread: #1 Oklahoma v #2 Florida 1/8 7:30 EST FOXHD

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

That was a good one.
indifferent.gif
fam you laughed at the fact that tebow is a top 10 CFB player ever

lets be serious here, Tebow is prolly a top 3 CFB player ever. you should have expected to get laughed at

Agreed... Tim Tebow is one of the best college football players ever. Period. That's not any debate to be made against it... Especially if you're stillyoung and didn't get to see some of the older guys... If you're still in high school, Tim Tebow is probably the best college football player since youwere born...

And the people that killed DoubleJs for making that thread about Tebow being the best college football player ever might owe him an apology if he returns forhis senior season...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Tebow would be nuts to stay.
Why? Hes not going in the top 3 rounds... why not stay at Florida and try to win another one?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Oh, and on Tebow leaving... He'd be absolutely insane to leave Florida right now... He's living the dream right now. His family has money, so that ain't an issue... He ain't gonna be picked early. He's on a team that'll open as the preseason #1 next season and find themselves right back in the National Title game next season if he returns...

His draft stock ain't high enough right now to leave... You don't leave as a mid-round pick unless you're strapped for money that bad... Stay in college. You're the face of college football and the biggest man on any campus in the country... I say enjoy it while it lasts...

That's the thing... Can anyone see TT's stock going any higher than it already is right now? I mean, what more is he gonna do to rate higher? Win aHeisman? Oh, he already did that. Win a title? Woops, he already did that too.

People LOVE this dude. If the announcers are saying that our lives would change simply by spending 15 minutes with him, imagine how GM's in the NFL willfeel after spending hours watching and talking with him. I'm kidding of course. But I hope you know what I mean.

Sure if he came back, he'd cement his legacy. But imo, it's already cemented. Look at the responses on page 63. Most ppl already think he's top 10ever. So he's coming back to be what... in the top 5 of all time? I dunno, he just doesn't strike me as that me-first type of guy.

So now that Florida has won is anyone besides me sick of hearing about USC will beat ou or uf. I hate USC they whine every year they miss out on the bcschampionship and people buy it their conference is soft who do they play Ohio state they suck also put them in that sec and watch what happens

Originally Posted by lu cash

ohwell.gif
No one has mentioned this yet, but I'm kinda sad that college football is over...
nobody wants to accept that fact. thanx for bringin it up

but at least we got the NFL playoffs & then the combine

Originally Posted by dreClark

College football isn't over until the Sr. Bowls
dre man. you just brightened my day. i was all depressed thinkin there was no more college football, but now u reminded me. good +!*%

Dunlap is all hype. He did nothing. Cunningham > dunlap.

Closest thing to peppers is greg hardy. Without question
I don't know about that, man. Dunlap had a good game and Cunningham is a good player in his own right, but he's not gonna change/affectthe game like Carlos Dunlap can. Dude hasn't even come close to fulfilling his potential and I think we can both agree that Dunlap's ceiling is wayhigher than Jermaine Cunningham's.

I will say that I've been waiting for both Dunlap and Torrey Davis to break out for a while now.

And I'm not gonna knock on Greg Hardy, but would you say he's more athletic/has more potential at the next level than Dunlap? Is Hardy staying inschool for another year by the way?

I put the game on mute once the announcers said something like "if you spend 15 minutes with Tim Tebow, your life will be changed forever." He's a damn good player, but c'mon now....some of the stuff that was being said was unbearable.
Agreed. Tebow is a heck of a football player but I'm not about to comment on him as far as being a devout Christian or great man off thefield.

ChampCruThik, last time I checked Florida didn't take care of business against Ole Miss
grin.gif
. Whatever though because we can all argue to we are blue in the face, it doesn't make a difference.
Selective reading at its finest...granted, if UF wanted to guarantee a spot in the NC to begin with then they would have handled Ole Miss.However, re-read the portion at the end of my original post about strength of conferences. I will state it again: fair or not, SEC and Big 12 teams have theluxury of losing a game during the regular season and still likely making it to the big game. The Pac 10 and Big 10 pretty much have to win outright to get inwhen it's all said and done (Penn State losing to Iowa cost them and I already referenced SC's loss to Oregon State earlier in the season).

I would also say that how you lose makes a bit of a difference. Rodgers ran all over the vaunted USC defense...Florida's loss really came down to a blockedXP and Tebow failing to convert that big fourth down at the end of the game.

Let's compare though, UF's wins (excluding the NC): Hawaii, Miami, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina, The Citadel, FSUand Alabama.
USC (excluding the Rose Bowl): UVA, Ohio State, Oregon, ASU, Washington State, Arizona, Washington, Cal, Stanford, ND and UCLA.
I think we can all see the disparity in quality of wins...

[table][tr][td]
Home > Inside UF > Archives > 2009 > January > 09 > Entry
[h2]Harvin had a fractured ankle[/h2]
By Ben Volin | Friday, January 9, 2009, 01:52 AM

For 40 days, the Gators maintained that Percy Harvin suffered a sprained ankle in the Nov. 29 victory over Florida State.

Moments after gaining 171 yards and a touchdown in Florida's 24-14 national championship win over Oklahoma, Harvin revealed that his injury was actually much worse.

"A lot of people thought it was a high ankle sprain, but I had a hairline fracture," Harvin said. "Any time I got tackled, it would hurt the bone. But we had six weeks, so I knew I could give it a go."
http://
Harvin did more than "give it a go." Though Tim Tebow was the game's Most Outstanding Player, Harvin's effort - including runs of 45 and 52 yards - with a hairline fracture was nothing short of legendary.

"I could run, but I couldn't quite push off and get that gear I needed," he said. "The question was, 'Could I get tackled and be alright?' And I answered it."

Harvin also was nowhere near "90 percent" healthy, as he said all week.

"To be honest with you, he said he was 90 percent, I don't think he was anywhere near that. He was probably 70-75 percent," receiver David Nelson said.

"After practice yesterday he was limping around. That guy was hurting so bad, you could see it in his eyes. But he was not going to give up."

Harvin told offensive coordinator Dan Mullen Wednesday night that he would be ready for 15 to 20 touches. He got 14, and made every one count.

"They can break my foot," Harvin said, "as long as they give me a national championship."

eek.gif
man thats amazing how effective he still was, i would love for him to come back but i just dont see it happening after this performance
[/td] [/tr][/table]

^ Hate to say it, but Percy is as good as gone brotha.

And I was sure about Tebow coming back for his senior season but now I would say it seems more like 75/25 on staying at UF.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

[table][tr][td]
Home > Inside UF > Archives > 2009 > January > 09 > Entry
[h2]Harvin had a fractured ankle[/h2]
By Ben Volin | Friday, January 9, 2009, 01:52 AM

For 40 days, the Gators maintained that Percy Harvin suffered a sprained ankle in the Nov. 29 victory over Florida State.

Moments after gaining 171 yards and a touchdown in Florida's 24-14 national championship win over Oklahoma, Harvin revealed that his injury was actually much worse.

"A lot of people thought it was a high ankle sprain, but I had a hairline fracture," Harvin said. "Any time I got tackled, it would hurt the bone. But we had six weeks, so I knew I could give it a go."
http://
Harvin did more than "give it a go." Though Tim Tebow was the game's Most Outstanding Player, Harvin's effort - including runs of 45 and 52 yards - with a hairline fracture was nothing short of legendary.

"I could run, but I couldn't quite push off and get that gear I needed," he said. "The question was, 'Could I get tackled and be alright?' And I answered it."

Harvin also was nowhere near "90 percent" healthy, as he said all week.

"To be honest with you, he said he was 90 percent, I don't think he was anywhere near that. He was probably 70-75 percent," receiver David Nelson said.

"After practice yesterday he was limping around. That guy was hurting so bad, you could see it in his eyes. But he was not going to give up."

Harvin told offensive coordinator Dan Mullen Wednesday night that he would be ready for 15 to 20 touches. He got 14, and made every one count.

"They can break my foot," Harvin said, "as long as they give me a national championship."

eek.gif
man thats amazing how effective he still was, i would love for him to come back but i just dont see it happening after this performance
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I have so much respect for this guy, I just hope he can succeed in the NFL despite critics saying he's undersized.

I still wanna know how FSU let Janoris slip
laugh.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

And Call me a hater, but UF ain't winning the Chip next year w/o Percy.

And I just read that he didn't get MVP.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Straight ROBBERY.
indifferent.gif

And _'s wanna call ({}) Harvin SOFT? LMAO.

Once Tebow talks to the draft insiders to gauge his status, I think he'll come back. I'm 100% positive that Tebow wants to go to the NFL as a QB, notsome H-Back or TE or some other stuff Todd McShay is spewing out of his idiotic mouth so me wanting him to come back aside, I think it'd be in his bestinterest to hone his passing ability and reading defenses better by coming back to Gainesville for his senior season. And SHUGES you don't think himpossibly coming back and winning a 3rd title, 2nd Heisman, and improving his QB skills would elevate his stock to above where it is now, which from all theexperts seem to be a 3rd rd pick. The crop of QBs next year won't be nearly as deep as this year as well if Bradford, Sanchez, etc. declare.

And yes dre, you are a hater
laugh.gif
Tebow comes back we'll be inPasadena.

[Woody Paige] Look at the schedule [Woody Paige]

Sat Sep 5 Charleston Southern Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Sep 12 Troy Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Sep 19 Tennessee Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Sep 26 at Kentucky Lexington, KY TBA
Sat Oct 10 at LSU Baton Rouge, LA TBA
Sat Oct 17 Arkansas (HC) Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Oct 24 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS TBA
Sat Oct 31 Georgia Jacksonville, FL TBA
Sat Nov 7 Vanderbilt Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Nov 14 at South Carolina Columbia, SC TBA
Sat Nov 21 Florida International Gainesville, FL TBA
Sat Nov 28 Florida State Gainesville, FL TBA

Originally Posted by dreClark

I still wanna know how FSU let Janoris slip
laugh.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

And Call me a hater, but UF ain't winning the Chip next year w/o Percy.

And I just read that he didn't get MVP.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Straight ROBBERY.
indifferent.gif

And _'s wanna call ({}) Harvin SOFT? LMAO.

Dre we all knew that barring some ridiculous Reggie v Fresno State 500 all purpose yards type performance. that award was going to Tebow if UF won
but even Tebow will tell you that Percy is the reason they won that game.

I had my doubts about Percy's durability & his toughness before this game. But this _ played with a hairline fracture in his ankle
eek.gif

hopefully its all healed by the time the combine comes around, he gon blow the doors off the combine. he gon end up top 10 if he declares

please tell me someone heard the stuff they just said bout Tebow on Sportscenter

Tim Tebow once got blackjack with only one card

Anybody can lead a horse to water, but only Tebow can make it drink

When Google cant find something, they ask Tim Tebow for help

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

please tell me someone heard the stuff they just said bout Tebow on Sportscenter

Tim Tebow once got blackjack with only one card

Anybody can lead a horse to water, but only Tebow can make it drink

When Google cant find something, they ask Tim Tebow for help

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Tebow>Chuck Norris?

I'm 100% positive that Tebow wants to go to the NFL as a QB, not some H-Back or TE or some other stuff Todd McShay is spewing out of his idiotic mouth
Its not just McShay tho. I'm sure as of now a lot of teams and GMs are willing to give him a shot at QB but I think they feel he would best besuited playing another position.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Dunlap is all hype. He did nothing. Cunningham > dunlap.

Closest thing to peppers is greg hardy. Without question
I don't know about that, man. Dunlap had a good game and Cunningham is a good player in his own right, but he's not gonna change/affect the game like Carlos Dunlap can. Dude hasn't even come close to fulfilling his potential and I think we can both agree that Dunlap's ceiling is way higher than Jermaine Cunningham's.

I will say that I've been waiting for both Dunlap and Torrey Davis to break out for a while now.

And I'm not gonna knock on Greg Hardy, but would you say he's more athletic/has more potential at the next level than Dunlap? Is Hardy staying in school for another year by the way?

I put the game on mute once the announcers said something like "if you spend 15 minutes with Tim Tebow, your life will be changed forever." He's a damn good player, but c'mon now....some of the stuff that was being said was unbearable.
Agreed. Tebow is a heck of a football player but I'm not about to comment on him as far as being a devout Christian or great man off the field.

ChampCruThik, last time I checked Florida didn't take care of business against Ole Miss
grin.gif
. Whatever though because we can all argue to we are blue in the face, it doesn't make a difference.
Selective reading at its finest...granted, if UF wanted to guarantee a spot in the NC to begin with then they would have handled Ole Miss. However, re-read the portion at the end of my original post about strength of conferences. I will state it again: fair or not, SEC and Big 12 teams have the luxury of losing a game during the regular season and still likely making it to the big game. The Pac 10 and Big 10 pretty much have to win outright to get in when it's all said and done (Penn State losing to Iowa cost them and I already referenced SC's loss to Oregon State earlier in the season).

I would also say that how you lose makes a bit of a difference. Rodgers ran all over the vaunted USC defense...Florida's loss really came down to a blocked XP and Tebow failing to convert that big fourth down at the end of the game.

Let's compare though, UF's wins (excluding the NC): Hawaii, Miami, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina, The Citadel, FSU and Alabama.
USC (excluding the Rose Bowl): UVA, Ohio State, Oregon, ASU, Washington State, Arizona, Washington, Cal, Stanford, ND and UCLA.
I think we can all see the disparity in quality of wins...

Agree 100%

Originally Posted by jville819

I'm 100% positive that Tebow wants to go to the NFL as a QB, not some H-Back or TE or some other stuff Todd McShay is spewing out of his idiotic mouth
Its not just McShay tho. I'm sure as of now a lot of teams and GMs are willing to give him a shot at QB but I think they feel he would best be suited playing another position.

Naw, I wasn't speaking specifically in regards to Timmy. McShay is just an idiot in general.

Back
Top Bottom