Official Best album of the year (2016 edition)

I mean this album cool, definitely has some heaters, but album of the year? Cut it out.

In honesty there are no TRUE albums of the year for me

My top one is mainly between 3 favs....

Cozy Tapes
Blank Face LP
Atrocity Exhibition

Since Cozy just came out, ive been playing it heavy *shrugs*

If this included mixtapes im sure lists in here would ve alot different including mines lol

**** it I'll just rank my favorite projects period instead of breaking it up by tapes or albums.

Blank Face
Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude (I know it came out December but I'm counting it.)
Malibu
Kari Chanel
Mr. Blue Benjamin
King Of Memphis

4387645fa58bf58f64c2e4f8733125be.1000x1000x1.jpg

View media item 2225243

Y'all dudes may not like it....but this tape is big in the streets. Especially the East Coast/mid Atlantic, Midwest to the south. There's a reason why Meek and 2 Chainz got buddy on their projects.

I hear cuts off the tape bumped from city to city

Y'all can't deny that.
Idk maybe in the south it's popping like that. But I'm he trynna tell u, other than Key to the streets his **** not popping here. I've never heard anybody blast his tape, hell not even on social media. That's how u knew 21 was blowing up, I can't hearing cuts off his tape on snap or people posting now playing ___ on ig. Literally Key to the streets is the only track I heard dudes playing. I'm not to big on uzi but he got a crazy buzz here, that's all the 16-24 year Olds ******* with.

I hear 21 Savage, Kodak, Uzi but not really Lucci. Like Will said I really don't hear him except Key To The Streets.

Last edited:
I hear 21 Savage, Kodak, Uzi but not really Lucci. Like Will said I really don't hear him except Key To The Streets.

Those guys make club records.

Most of Wish Me Well 2, aside from key to the streets is NOT club records.

21 had an entire tape produced by Metro....laced with a big feature from Future. He blew up enormously. Uzi and Yachty are for the kids and "festival people". They don't have "projects". They have a following though.

YFN Lucci is an entirely different demographic. And put out one of the most streamed/downloaded mixtapes this year.

Y'all dudes may not like it....but this tape is big in the streets. Especially the East Coast/mid Atlantic, Midwest to the south. There's a reason why Meek and 2 Chainz got buddy on their projects.

I hear cuts off the tape bumped from city to city

Y'all can't deny that.
Idk maybe in the south it's popping like that. But I'm he trynna tell u, other than Key to the streets his **** not popping here. I've never heard anybody blast his tape, hell not even on social media. That's how u knew 21 was blowing up, I can't hearing cuts off his tape on snap or people posting now playing ___ on ig. Literally Key to the streets is the only track I heard dudes playing. I'm not to big on uzi but he got a crazy buzz here, that's all the 16-24 year Olds ******* with.

Wavy my dude but nawww... don't even go trying to give him charity by throwing the South in there like that. We ain't on buddy like that AT ALL.

I don't like the direction of where his look has gone these last 9 months or so but LUV vs. The World is better than anything Lucci could ever dream of dropping... that's a really good cohesive project.

An let's not put Yachty & Uzi in the same class either... LUV is Rage alone at least shows he aint here to hit a lick and dip like these other create-a-artist esque dudes.

Last edited:
Those guys make club records.

Most of Wish Me Well 2, aside from key to the streets is NOT club records.

21 had an entire tape produced by Metro....laced with a big feature from Future. He blew up enormously. Uzi and Yachty are for the kids and "festival people". They don't have "projects". They have a following though.

YFN Lucci is an entirely different demographic. And put out one of the most streamed/downloaded mixtapes this year.
Oh them numbers real tho huh? All them numbers u question, we taking them for what it is huh? Bow wow green light tape did a milly in a day too right?

My other go to CDs were

Tod3
Big bossin
Lil big pac
Pewee longway CD that dropped early 2016 I forget the name right now

Last edited:
If Quavo would forreal hurry up and go solo I think dude could easily put out one of the best projects of the year... his features are all fire.. and imagine the features he'd get on that project everyone messes with Quavo...from Ye, Drake, Future, Thugger, Yachty, G-Eazy, The Weeknd, Travi$... that project would be incredible.. with that said tho I hope I don't get hate but favorite project I've heard all year is Views, I dunno why people didn't mess with it like it was my 2nd favorite overall project from Drizzy behind Take Care.

drake-2011-bet-awards-101ss.jpg

If Quavo would go solo I really feel dude would have one of the hardest projects of the year easily... like his features the past couple years have all been fire and everyone messes with him.. he could easily get features from Ye, pretty much all of GOOD Music tbh, Drizzy, Travi$, Thugger, Future, Yachty, G-Eazy, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Wayne... The project would be incredible.... With all of that said tho lol sorry but Views is MY favorite project this year not stanning but it genuinely is my 2nd favorite project from Drake behind Take Care.

Tribe coming for the crown by all the reviews ive seen. Still haven't checked it out yet
I still give it to Blonde right now after hearing Solange....not my thing.
I will say im really impressed with the new La Coka Nostra from an underground rap album. Looking forward to Czarface too

the other possible contender

View media item 2237007

Back
Top Bottom