Official Bitcoin Thread

3090 is a beast of a card, I have one for gaming. thought about it for mining too but running master nodes instead.

Yea I been looking online and a pre-built PC with a 3090 is only about 400 more than buying the card of eBay :lol:

If I buy another PC then I can use it for nodes or POS coins too and just leave it in my basement to run.

3090 is generating $10 profit a day after electricity. If ETH has a run to 5K then that becomes $25 a day and $750 a month.
At worst, the mining pays off the PC and I'm left with a beast of a graphics card.

Yea I been looking online and a pre-built PC with a 3090 is only about 400 more than buying the card of eBay :lol:

If I buy another PC then I can use it for nodes or POS coins too and just leave it in my basement to run.

3090 is generating $10 profit a day after electricity. If ETH has a run to 5K then that becomes $25 a day and $750 a month.
At worst, the mining pays off the PC and I'm left with a beast of a graphics card.

might do the same now :lol:

but wait, when is ETH stopping mining? is it this year or next year? or did that change completelyl?

ok guys, ima join in on this crypto journey firing up my old coinbase account. was thinking on jumping on the xrp train but did they pause purchasing??

Yup. Even if they only get an ATH comparable to Flow, I’d be happy with that. I know a couple of guys who’ve put in $100K and $60K respectively. At this price point, it’s worth the gamble. And if the rumours are true about Pokémon and NFL licensing...oh boy.
so OMI will be what those nft's will be based on??

So I downloaded VPN, what I want to do is sell off the crypto I have in Binance, just a bunch of VEt and ICX, what would be the best move, transfer it to MyEther? And then back to Binance US? So that I can then sell it and get USD into my bank? Lord I feel like a noob, stopped dealing with all these exchanges 4 years ago and forgot how to do what....smh
You don't wanna transfer to MyEther. Do you already have your bank account linked to Binance US? If so you could just transfer the VET and ICX from Binance.com to Binance US and then sell on there. If you're not already on Binance US, and are on something like Coinbase instead, then you'll need to trade your way to a coin that's supported. You could do something like VET/ICX > BTC, send BTC to Coinbase, sell for USD there. Be mindful of fees and taxes of course.

what exchange do yall reccomend for having the access to the most amount of coins?
bitrue and uphold were suggested but curious if there are others

You don't wanna transfer to MyEther. Do you already have your bank account linked to Binance US? If so you could just transfer the VET and ICX from Binance.com to Binance US and then sell on there. If you're not already on Binance US, and are on something like Coinbase instead, then you'll need to trade your way to a coin that's supported. You could do something like VET/ICX > BTC, send BTC to Coinbase, sell for USD there. Be mindful of fees and taxes of course.

THANK YOU

So I downloaded VPN, what I want to do is sell off the crypto I have in Binance, just a bunch of VEt and ICX, what would be the best move, transfer it to MyEther? And then back to Binance US? So that I can then sell it and get USD into my bank? Lord I feel like a noob, stopped dealing with all these exchanges 4 years ago and forgot how to do what....smh
You could just convert it to btc or eth within binanace and transfer it to your exchange of choice... Don't make it harder than it has to be...

I haven;t checked but make sure they don't have their own wallets. My Ether Wallet is for ETH and ERC-20 tokens.
VET and ICX might have migrated to their own chains now.

might do the same now :lol:

but wait, when is ETH stopping mining? is it this year or next year? or did that change completelyl?

From what I know ETH 2.0 is live and running side by side until they can fully migrate everyone which no one can say when it'll happen.
There's also the EIP-1559 change which might affect mining rewards too.

That should only be an issue for people trying to break even with a GPU purchase but if you have a 3090 already then you're good to go already.

Last edited:
I initially started investing in 2016 and by 2019 I was down 75% from my initial investment. I sold every other coin I owned and just put it all into VET last year and figured I would just sit on it. Lucky guess has paid off nice so far, but I do still see a lot of room for growth.

same, the steady increase is so beautiful :lol:

I haven;t checked but make sure they don't have their own wallets. My Ether Wallet is for ETH and ERC-20 tokens.
VET and ICX might have migrated to their own chains now.

From what I know ETH 2.0 is live and running side by side until they can fully migrate everyone which no one can say when it'll happen.
There's also the EIP-1559 change which might affect mining rewards too.

That should only be an issue for people trying to break even with a GPU purchase but if you have a 3090 already then you're good to go already.

I’m just gonna exchange it for BTC and then transfer it out to CB as such...lol

Back
Top Bottom