Official Bitcoin Thread

I think the run in cryptocurrencies is basically done. Too many competing cryptocurrencies are saturating the market.

Look out below.

Bitcoin is at $8,000 and people think it is going to $100,000, ignoring all the competing cryptocurrencies and the endless supply of them.

How is Digix Dao, Civic,Edgless, Neo,Xem,Salt,Bytecoin (lol),Golem,Sia,Cloak,Token Card competing with Bitcoin when none of these coins are even competing with each other since they all serve different purposes ?

On top of that some of these coins are actually in use today like Ether roll and civic.

New tech will always bring new ideas, look at the any app store now versus 5 years ago. Endless new apps doesn't mean a thing.

Revisit this thread in 2020 its gonna be a zoo

OK, I'll play.

Question for you, are you seeing the crash of the crypto space on a whole? Or just Bitcoin?

Just bitcoin. I think you end up with a market saturated with different cryptocurrencies and bitcoin is worth maybe $50 or even $100, but nowhere near $10,000.

LTC and ETH has been steadily gaining the last few days. Glad I held on when things weren’t looking so good.

Did anything happen that I missed that caused this?:nerd:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:bitcoin $50-$100. Yeah right. Don't even think you understand what you are saying with this statement. You believe a 143 BILLION dollar asset is going back down to a 1 Billion dollar marketcap at $100, 500M at $50.

Just want to say thanks to everyone that was pushing crypto hard back in feb-march. I finally made my first purchase in May back when btc was $1600, today marks $8600 btc. :pimp: #Roadto10K

Last edited:
I never grabbed any btc. Honestly didn’t think it can make the run it did. It should only go up once the supply is drained. Believe I read that 16 mill is out there. Once these institutions get involved and start hoarding it could get crazy good and bad.

I never grabbed any btc. Honestly didn’t think it can make the run it did. It should only go up once the supply is drained. Believe I read that 16 mill is out there. Once these institutions get involved and start hoarding it could get crazy good and bad.

I didn't think we would hit 10K until like june of 2018 , boy was I wrong lol.

BTC LTC and everything else BOOMING.
Incredible year so far, I couldn't even predict growth this fast.

Those who were in crypto years ago, I remember one night in 2015 when BTC dropped to $166 and I almost thought it was over. People thought it was the end of crypto then, and now look.

Here's to hoping the trend continues :pimp:

In terms of alt speculation, I've sold my position in LSK recently and potentially looking into SALT. Interested to see how the market reacts to crypto lending in general.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:bitcoin $50-$100. Yeah right. Don't even think you understand what you are saying with this statement. You believe a 143 BILLION dollar asset is going back down to a 1 Billion dollar marketcap at $100, 500M at $50.

Just want to say thanks to everyone that was pushing crypto hard back in feb-march. I finally made my first purchase in May back when btc was $1600, today marks $8600 btc. :pimp: #Roadto10K

Why do you think Bitcoin is worth(market cap) right now and what do you think it will be worth 5 years from now?

How is Digix Dao, Civic,Edgless, Neo,Xem,Salt,Bytecoin (lol),Golem,Sia,Cloak,Token Card competing with Bitcoin when none of these coins are even competing with each other since they all serve different purposes ?

On top of that some of these coins are actually in use today like Ether roll and civic.

New tech will always bring new ideas, look at the any app store now versus 5 years ago. Endless new apps doesn't mean a thing.

Revisit this thread in 2020 its gonna be a zoo

All these digital currencies are used for the same thing though,speculation on the price going higher, not for the different purpose it serves. They don't need a digital currency to use blockchain.

I believe that bitcoin is a store of value that will take between 20-40% of golds marketcap (8 Trillion). As savings interest rates continue to decline, financial systems and economies continue to fail, bitcoins value will continue to go up. Institutional money will flood in now that bitcoin is an official asset class.

Attachments

• 5B9F47E6-0213-402E-8E94-66452E200600.jpeg
    5B9F47E6-0213-402E-8E94-66452E200600.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
I believe that bitcoin is a store of value that will take between 20-40% of golds marketcap (8 Trillion). As savings interest rates continue to decline, financial systems and economies continue to fail, bitcoins value will continue to go up. Institutional money will flood in now that bitcoin is an official asset class.

So to reach that market cap, bitcoin would hit between 100,000 and 170,000. That would buy a house in most of the US. Do you think the other cryptocurrencies will have the same level of appreciation to 20-40% of gold as well, like ethereum, litecoin, ripple, etc?

The total current market cap of all cryptocurrencies is at like $300 billion altogether. To reach $1 trillion, that's only a 3x increase in market cap.

Last edited:
So to reach that market cap, bitcoin would hit between 100,000 and 170,000. That would buy a house in most of the US. Do you think the other cryptocurrencies will have the same level of appreciation to 20-40% of gold as well, like ethereum, litecoin, ripple, etc?
Were talking about a world currency here, you think that Dollar is gonna hold up strong huh.

All these digital currencies are used for the same thing though,speculation on the price going higher, not for the different purpose it serves. They don't need a digital currency to use blockchain.

They are not used for the same thing at all. Just using bitcoin, ethereum, Monero as examples: Bitcoin is a peer to peer electronic currency system. Ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology that enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications. Monero is a secure, private and untraceable currency system. Monero uses a special kind of cryptography to ensure that all of its transactions remain 100% unlinkable and untraceable. These are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I think the run in cryptocurrencies is basically done. Too many competing cryptocurrencies are saturating the market.

Look out below.

Bitcoin is at $8,000 and people think it is going to $100,000, ignoring all the competing cryptocurrencies and the endless supply of them.

The total current market cap of all cryptocurrencies is at like $300 billion altogether. To reach $1 trillion, that's only a 3x increase in market cap.

To clarify, most of the market cap is implied. Coinmarketcap can be misleading. 100s of billions never really entered the market, this is speculation based on the total amount of each coin. Some of these projects have an implied '50 million' market cap but volume in the thousands and only 5-10% of shares actually publicly offered. Most of the coins out there are scams/will never materialize to actual projects, but to declare the end all of cryptocurrency at this stage is foolish. Bitcoin isn't even really available in public markets yet.

To clarify, most of the market cap is implied. Coinmarketcap can be misleading. 100s of billions never really entered the market, this is speculation based on the total amount of each coin. Some of these projects have an implied '50 million' market cap but volume in the thousands and only 5-10% of shares actually publicly offered. Most of the coins out there are scams/will never materialize to actual projects, but to declare the end all of cryptocurrency at this stage is foolish. Bitcoin isn't even really available in public markets yet.

Wait, you said most of these coins are scams? That inspires a lot of confidence in putting my hard earned money into cryptocurrencies.

Back
Top Bottom