Official Bitcoin Thread

how do those countries where their fiat is dying feel about "banks holding their money, interests, loans"??

I can only speak on the US. I've read minimal stuff on other countries fiat problems. If I buy something with bitcoin and it breaks can i get do I have the same protection as a credit card?

There is a fundamental difference between owning Nikes and owning NKE. I don't care if your Nikes are grey market or official Nikes. The point I made is basic and clearly flew well over your head.

Clearly. You’re the kind of guy that wants regulation and govt to tell u what is right and what is wrong. What u can and can not own. Thats on you..but there are millions of people that have free will...just stay in ur lane. Ur good.

Ur smarter than everyone else that believes in the crypto ecosystem.

Clearly. You’re the kind of guy that wants regulation and govt to tell u what is right and what is wrong. What u can and can not own. Thats on you..but there are millions of people that have free will...just stay in ur lane. Ur good.

I'm somewhere in the middle. Absolutely no regulation leads to buying sneakers on Ebay via PayPal gifted. You're going to get got 90% of the time bc scammers are peddling fakes. Who wants that? There has to be some type of oversight so people aren't being scammed left and right. I think you'd agree with that as well. Idk where the line is but the "no regulation!!!" mantra just isn't realistic long term.

How you got that from what I posted is beyond me... I never have once stated I'm for anything you just typed. If you don't agree with the facts I posted, either address the points I made and show me where I'm incorrect (hasn't been done yet), or go back to shilling kucoin ****coins.

How you got that from what I posted is beyond me... I never have once stated I'm for anything you just typed. If you don't agree with the facts I posted, either address the points I made and show me where I'm incorrect (hasn't been done yet), or go back to shilling kucoin ****coins.

LOL at u wanting facts...u said this right:

“There's no need for these companies to report earnings, answer to the public, have a business that generates revenue, or give up any of their ownership to coin holders.”

Crypto is a WORLD coin bro...i know its hard for u to comprehend since ur just thinking USA LAWS and so closed minded. Hey breaking news....there are other people in the world that use crypto and dont give an F on usa regulations, do u agree on that? Ur statement above sure doesnt. #facts

Stay in ur regulatory lane. Ur not ready.

**IF i am wrong and read your response inaccurately, then apologies. I haven't gone back on previous posts ...just saw ur above statement and went from there. At the end, my bad for being negative ...i'll own up to it. **life is good....life is good :tongue::pimp:

Last edited:
I'm somewhere in the middle. Absolutely no regulation leads to buying sneakers on Ebay via PayPal gifted. You're going to get got 90% of the time bc scammers are peddling fakes. Who wants that? There has to be some type of oversight so people aren't being scammed left and right. I think you'd agree with that as well. Idk where the line is but the "no regulation!!!" mantra just isn't realistic long term.

Scammers gonna scam right? So instead of eating up costs with returns and chargebacks....why dont we nip it in the bud like with a crypto company VeChain that puts all rfid embedded in the materials from production line all the way to retail. All in the info is transparent on the blockchain and verified for authenticity. This not only stops bootlegging, but also all the money loss in returns/chargebacks.....

but we'd rather have a failover for dumb, naive, or just over relying on "protection" from something WE can control...but don't want to.

https://www.vechain.com/#/

Scammers gonna scam right? So instead of eating up costs with returns and chargebacks....why dont we nip it in the bud like with a crypto company VeChain that puts all rfid embedded in the materials from production line all the way to retail. All in the info is transparent on the blockchain and verified for authenticity. This not only stops bootlegging, but also all the money loss in returns/chargebacks.....

but we'd rather have a failover for dumb, naive, or just over relying on "protection" from something WE can control...but don't want to.

https://www.vechain.com/#/
I'm more talking about scam projects like this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/cryptocurrency-ponzi-schemes/528624/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cryptocurrency-company-that-scammed-investors-was-run-by-fake-people

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/cry...f-giza-make-off-with-2-million-after-ico.html

There's a different scam every week. Investing in an ICO is playing roulette right now. I'm sure you'll reply that everyone should do their research but the average person doesn't follow this stuff like you do. I'm sure you'll say they should. That's not realistic. All I'm saying is a little more oversight would go a long way with getting the average person to put a dollar in without fear that it'll go poof in a scam. As someone who follows crypto very little, there's zero chance I'd put a nickel in anything other than BTC, ETH, or LTC. Those are so big and so adopted that I feel confident they aren't a scam.

Look at eBay shoe sales as an example. They are down massive across the board. People are willing to pay more with StockX or Goat bc they feel they are less likely to get scammed. eBay never addressed the scams in their sneaker sales and it killed them in the long run. I simply don't think a wild wild west will succeed long term.

There's a different scam every week. Investing in an ICO is playing roulette right now. I'm sure you'll reply that everyone should do their research but the average person doesn't follow this stuff like you do. I'm sure you'll say they should. That's not realistic. All I'm saying is a little more oversight would go a long way with getting the average person to put a dollar in without fear that it'll go poof in a scam. As someone who follows crypto very little, there's zero chance I'd put a nickel in anything other than BTC, ETH, or LTC. Those are so big and so adopted that I feel confident they aren't a scam.

Look at eBay shoe sales as an example. They are down massive across the board. People are willing to pay more with StockX or Goat bc they feel they are less likely to get scammed. eBay never addressed the scams in their sneaker sales and it killed them in the long run. I simply don't think a wild wild west will succeed long term.

My dude....you are correct on what my responses would be regarding "investing / ICO"......its just how much hand holding you need? where does it stop? Do we need a Gambler Anonymous hotline for Crypto now too? How come the average person needs common sense and we're OK with it? I applaud you for stating you know very little about crypto but the information is out there and should be easily accessible for anyone....just like anything, you need to put in the time.

Hate to say if its a millennial thing or not, but kids (or anyone) wanting to "invest" and asking for 10x returns in 3months is unrealistic...but to them they in turn say Crypto sux. I personally love following message boards just to get a sense of how certain sentiment is so I know when capitulation comes and that is the best time to invest. Just last week when all negative about crypto...btc was at $5700...now at $6600....its all relative.

REMEMBER - we are in theory on the next wave of the Internet (v3.0). Blockchain + AI. Everything you state above regarding how the "average person" is exactly how the internet was when it first started.

"how are people going to learn and use email?"
"how are people going to buy online without trying stuff out first?"
"its too hard to browse the interent"

Yet someway, somehow we have evolved. This is early space, and not only that....its a disruptor to many things. Why is it the CFTC and SEC admit they have no clue on crypto or how to regulate it. BUT at the same time Circle, Goldman, Nasdaq are opening up trading desks. Writing is on the wall...its early, take some risks, and flourish.

My dude....you are correct on what my responses would be regarding "investing / ICO"......its just how much hand holding you need? where does it stop? Do we need a Gambler Anonymous hotline for Crypto now too? How come the average person needs common sense and we're OK with it? I applaud you for stating you know very little about crypto but the information is out there and should be easily accessible for anyone....just like anything, you need to put in the time.

Hate to say if its a millennial thing or not, but kids (or anyone) wanting to "invest" and asking for 10x returns in 3months is unrealistic...but to them they in turn say Crypto sux. I personally love following message boards just to get a sense of how certain sentiment is so I know when capitulation comes and that is the best time to invest. Just last week when all negative about crypto...btc was at $5700...now at $6600....its all relative.
That's the thing, people don't have the time to put in. You're the exception. You're passionate about it and put in tons of time following it. You're looking at everyone else asking why everyone doesn't put in hours a day following crypto. That's just not realistic. You have to realize that. Everyone isn't going to be as passionate and educated about it as you are. That doesn't mean they don't have common sense or need their hand held, they just have other priorities. I appreciate the info you post here and I've learned a lot from it but the way you look down and talk down to people that don't have the same passion for it as you do is really off-putting.

I'm 40. The millennial tag doesn't apply here.

If you want crypto to remain where it is and never be used by Suzy in the suburbs, cool. Leave it the way it is now. It'll be used by the tech crowd but will eventually lose most of it's value bc reality won't live up to the speculation that currently has the value propped up from it's actual current value. If you want it to crossover and be a valid form of currency, there's going to have be some oversight.

If you know you know. Remember, amazon became what it is just by digitizing information and google was literally just an algorithm

That's the thing, people don't have the time to put in. You're the exception. You're passionate about it and put in tons of time following it. You're looking at everyone else asking why everyone doesn't put in hours a day following crypto. That's just not realistic. You have to realize that. Everyone isn't going to be as passionate and educated about it as you are. That doesn't mean they don't have common sense or need their hand held, they just have other priorities. I appreciate the info you post here and I've learned a lot from it but the way you look down and talk down to people that don't have the same passion for it as you do is really off-putting.

I'm 40. The millennial tag doesn't apply here.

If you want crypto to remain where it is and never be used by Suzy in the suburbs, cool. Leave it the way it is now. It'll be used by the tech crowd but will eventually lose most of it's value bc reality won't live up to the speculation that currently has the value propped up from it's actual current value. If you want it to crossover and be a valid form of currency, there's going to have be some oversight.

If people don’t have the time to research an investment then they shouldn’t invest, simple as that. Also, it doesn’t take hours a day to learn this stuff; join some discord servers, telegram chats, follow some TA people on Twitter, maybe even catch a YouTube vid or two in your spare time. Scroll through for a couple of minutes or take 5 seconds to look at each tweet they send out. The more exposed you are to whatever you’re trying to learn the more you’ll learn. With this I’ve learned a ton about the market and TA, along with keeping up to date with the regulation climate/other progression in the market.

The oversight you’re talking about has been in the works since last year and really ramped up this year. Also, blockchain will more than likely be used by businesses, governments, and people around the world full scale. Have you heard of the adoption curve? Only people left in crypto are ones that actually did their due diligence on the tech, wait till blockchain is rolled out by businesses. I mean IBM hasn’t been advertising blockchain for months for no reason.

I’ve seen a couple of more points that wouldn’t have been made if people did their due diligence. I understand why fap responds like that, most of these points are brought up without research beforehand. Some concerns are legit though such as scalability and the future of the market(tons of coins will die out).

Last night there was a great debate .... Erik Vorhees (Shapeshift) vs Peter Schiff (Financial and advocate of GOLD). If anything, please listen to this so you can understand and be more knowledgeable about crypto:

The average person doesn't know what those things even are.

Then that’s on them for not doing research. Before you invest into stocks you have to learn about the market/companies as well which isn’t common knowledge to “regular people”. I really don’t get your argument, what it seems like is you want regular people to be spoon fed on what to do with their money. You want them to be fed on what’s legitimate or not. Once again, if people did research they can see a scam from a mile away.

I didn’t even know what Coinbase was or how to set up a wallet, how to transfer funds, how to get into an ico, but I learned. Like you said it all comes down to interests, people that want to learn will learn.

Then that’s on them for not doing research. Before you invest into stocks you have to learn about the market/companies as well which isn’t common knowledge to “regular people”. I really don’t get your argument, what it seems like is you want regular people to be spoon fed on what to do with their money. You want them to be fed on what’s legitimate or not. Once again, if people did research they can see a scam from a mile away.

I didn’t even know what Coinbase was or how to set up a wallet, how to transfer funds, how to get into an ico, but I learned. Like you said it all comes down to interests, people that want to learn will learn.
You're really ok with the amount of fraud going on with ICO's? You think that encourages more people to enter the market? You think that's good for growth of crypto? And I'm not saying people should be spoon fed what's legitimate and what't not. What I'm saying is there should be an expectancy of something being legit. That's not the case right now. If I buy something on the DOW, I expect the company to be legit. It may be a turd and go bankrupt in a year but it wasn't an all out scam. That's not the case with an ICO. Many are just flat out scams.

I'll bring up eBay again. I used to buy shoes on there all the time. The scams got out of control so I found another venue to use my money. Could I have spent hours and hours going over pics and praying I bought a real pair and then dealing with chargebacks after I got fakes? Sure. But why when there's another easier option? It may cost a tad more but the savings in time is worth it to me.

In my opinion, I think crypto would greatly benefit from becoming easier to use for people that aren't overly tech savvy and from getting the scams and market manipulation under control. I honestly don't see how anyone can argue otherwise unless you're just homering up for crypto and claiming there's no issues.

In my opinion, I think crypto would greatly benefit from becoming easier to use for people that aren't overly tech savvy and from getting the scams and market manipulation under control. I honestly don't see how anyone can argue otherwise unless you're just homering up for crypto and claiming there's no issues.

Bitcoin/Crypto is 9yrs old.

So it's perfect and can't benefit from change?

you're so blinded by hate that I actually meant the opposite...it's 9yr's old, let it mature. Fiat has been around how many years? This isn't going anywhere, and sooner than you think you too will be using some form of crypto in the next few years. (without even knowing it...and probably still doubting it)

**everyone PM'ing me to stop wasting my time w/this guy: im trying to educate! I'm done here....see u all on discord :smile:

you're so blinded by hate that I actually meant the opposite...it's 9yr's old, let it mature. Fiat has been around how many years? This isn't going anywhere, and sooner than you think you too will be using some form of crypto in the next few years.

**everyone PM'ing me to stop wasting my time w/this guy: im trying to educate! I'm done here....see u all on discord :smile:
Hate? I don't hate it at all. Honestly it's weird that you write off anyone that's critical of the market in the slightest way as a hater. You're waaaay more of a homer than I am a hater.

And yes, I realize it's young. I never said it was going anywhere. In fact I'm steadily trying to educate myself bc I do see a big future for crypto. I simply stated what I think it would benefit the market going forward. For some reason you and a few others cape for crypto like there aren't any issues at all. You take any critical statement personally.

you're so blinded by hate that I actually meant the opposite...it's 9yr's old, let it mature. Fiat has been around how many years? This isn't going anywhere, and sooner than you think you too will be using some form of crypto in the next few years. (without even knowing it...and probably still doubting it)

Some dudes you just can’t reach man :lol:

Back
Top Bottom