Official Bitcoin Thread

Kicking myself for not buying more BTC when it was ~$7.5K. Oh well...you live and you learn.

XRP continues to be a solid investment though. Glad I bought when I did.

Monetary supply ad ND inflation don't make sense but we all play that game .

Only coin with executives and a real business plan. But people play for teams instead of understanding the problem it solves.

Good sign that we held above 9000, once we get above 10,000 we will probably get a lot of momentum coming, big psychological level.

This is potentially a game changer, and achieves what most cryptos claim to be. I don't see why anyone would use anything else for regular transactions, aside from privacy like Monero. This will probably kill off most of the other projects, and serves as a gateway to grow Bitcoin as a store of value.

That is, if regulation doesn't kill this before it gets off the ground.

facebook coin will be the trojan horse for bitcoin. billions of newbs "learning" how to use crypto and wallets...which will later get them into bitcoin and other cryptos. say even 3% out of 3 billion does this....watcha think the crypto marketcap will be?

this will be the Netscape moment for bitcoin. Remember the Internet was all geeks and nerds..then Netscape came and made a front end for newbs. Rest is history.

thank you FB coin!!

Last edited:
Looks like Libra will be a stable coin so I don't see the ROI but the publicity it will get will be huge for crypto.
Most blockchain projects these days are more than just currencies so I don't see it killing that many projects. I don't think it will have smart contracts and the like but I haven't looked into it too much.

Looks like Libra will be a stable coin so I don't see the ROI but the publicity it will get will be huge for crypto.
Most blockchain projects these days are more than just currencies so I don't see it killing that many projects. I don't think it will have smart contracts and the like but I haven't looked into it too much.
It is far from just a currency, and will be programmable with their smart contract scripting language called Move. They released the developer docs for testing, and will be adding more closer to launch.
This is great for Bitcoin, but I don't see how most of the other projects stand to benefit since their "perceived value" was on mass adoption.

This raises a question, is it better to have Central banks/countries run the financial world or 27(up to 100 according to Libra) private companies control a global currency with Facebook being one of them?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/blockchain-startup-ripple-buys-30-million-stake-in-moneygram.html

• Blockchain firm Ripple has bought $30 million worth of shares and warrants in MoneyGram, the two companies said, as they partner to use Ripple’s product for cross-border payment and foreign exchange settlement.
  • Ripple bought MoneyGram’s stock at $4.10 per share, representing a premium of about 183% to its Monday closing price.
  • The partnership will focus on Ripple’s xRapid, a platform for cross-border payments that uses XRP, a virtual currency powered by blockchain to send and receive currencies.

MGI up +53% yesterday and +105% so far today

This is potentially a game changer, and achieves what most cryptos claim to be. I don't see why anyone would use anything else for regular transactions, aside from privacy like Monero. This will probably kill off most of the other projects, and serves as a gateway to grow Bitcoin as a store of value.

That is, if regulation doesn't kill this before it gets off the ground.
Libra is just a stable coin fb will make billions off fees alone..

Shifting my nano to eth. No reason to hold a digital currency when Fb and the machine behind it will take that steam away.

FB has enough money to buy your fav bottom tier altcoins entire blockchain

Shifting my nano to eth. No reason to hold a digital currency when Fb and the machine behind it will take that steam away.
Pretty much, and Libras blockchain is going to attract most developers off of userbase alone.

There's no point in Tron, Hashgraph, Neo, or any of these centralized blockchains.

It is far from just a currency, and will be programmable with their smart contract scripting language called Move. They released the developer docs for testing, and will be adding more closer to launch.
This is great for Bitcoin, but I don't see how most of the other projects stand to benefit since their "perceived value" was on mass adoption.

This raises a question, is it better to have Central banks/countries run the financial world or 27(up to 100 according to Libra) private companies control a global currency with Facebook being one of them?
ahh got you.

In that case once they update Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger and Instagram with libra smart contracts, it's all over for a ton of projects.
Even that Telegram blockchain is looking dead compared to this.

Facebook really needs to distance themselves as the lead of the project and make people know it's a consortium behind this.

I'm all in if it means another Bull Run and next time round I'll be ready :evil:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/blockchain-startup-ripple-buys-30-million-stake-in-moneygram.html

• Blockchain firm Ripple has bought $30 million worth of shares and warrants in MoneyGram, the two companies said, as they partner to use Ripple’s product for cross-border payment and foreign exchange settlement.
  • Ripple bought MoneyGram’s stock at $4.10 per share, representing a premium of about 183% to its Monday closing price.
  • The partnership will focus on Ripple’s xRapid, a platform for cross-border payments that uses XRP, a virtual currency powered by blockchain to send and receive currencies.

MGI up +53% yesterday and +105% so far today

Ad what did stupid XRP do?
5% and went back down in a day :smh:

Back
Top Bottom