Official Bitcoin Thread

I didn’t have much but had some LTC and fraction of Ether that sat in Coinbase for 2+ years that I came close many times to just getting rid of to buy some shoes, but I held on and converted to BTC in November. Wifey was cleaning an old coffee table last year when we moved into the new place, found my Ledger, and was like “you still want this?” so I kept it, praying I can even find the damn code sheet somewhere in my old laptop LOL!

I still don’t know wtf I’m doing, stopped reading and researching 2 years ago, but I’m trying to set aside a little bit of time to learn more. Recommitted to do due diligence and hopefully build a decent portfolio moving forward.

Buying and holding crypto isn’t taxable correct?

do you just pay capital gains on it or what when you take it out eventually?

Buying and holding crypto isn’t taxable correct?

do you just pay capital gains on it or what when you take it out eventually?
I think there’s a threshold you have to hit before it is? Not sure
But I also heard if you day trade a lot that is taxable

I still don’t know wtf I’m doing, stopped reading and researching 2 years ago, but I’m trying to set aside a little bit of time to learn more. Recommitted to do due diligence and hopefully build a decent portfolio moving forward.

I did the same thing and I basically put all my BTC in VET years ago and just forgot about it. I bought when everything was high and was down bad and only in the past few weeks am I even close to where I started. That’s what is stopping me from adding anymore of anything right now. I want to add a little BTC each paycheck, but I worry that this bubble burst and I’m back down again if buying at these all time highs.

Any advice for beginners ?? Im green still new, i have about 1k lying around.

any moves to consider, thanks in advance !!
Much luv, stay freshhhh !!! :pimp: :pimp:

How do you plan on avoiding the taxes?

MM wallet using erc20 into stablescoin (dai is my choice). I then transfer my $$$ to bitpay visa card (which accepts BUSD now). By transferring the $$$...it never turns to "fiat" ....so talk to your tax man. Both my tax man and financial advisor strictly told me, "if you don't turn to paper/fiat or move to bank" then I don't need to see it.

Do I really need fiat $$$ to use throughout my life? NO. I'm good using bitpay debit card (funded by crypto). I've bought my pool, paid landscape, eat out and go on vacations...all using crypto gainz.

Last edited:
i lol'd

peter.jpg

DYOR....do what thou wilt...

The token i mentioned above in previous post (xSNXa) doing great and biggest gainer in my port. DYOR

Also for reference, here are my "alt/moon" shot tokens. As you can see...heavily DEFI based.

DEFI at close to $20BILLION MARKETCAP NOW, and to me, there is plenty of GROWTH left. GL to all, keep stackin and mix in a little risk to acquire Generational Wealth. This upcoming bull run can make this happen for you if you play it right.

2021-01-06 06_25_25-$39,853.87 ∙ MM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom