Official Bitcoin Thread

Isnt that kind of misleading though? The nfl didnt directly give him bitcoin. He decided to convert half his salary into bitcoin which has went up. So how does the increase make him one of the highest paid?

Isnt that kind of misleading though? The nfl didnt directly give him bitcoin. He decided to convert half his salary into bitcoin which has went up. So how does the increase make him one of the highest paid?
It's all hype. Let that **** run. Inflate the price of this speculative asset some more. BTC has no utility. It needs stories like this to attract more buyers.

My boy said the same thing. I was like wtf are you talking about tulips. Then I read about it. :lol:

I don’t disagree, if it ever got close to 300k. 👋👋👋

gme and btc has everyone thinking stocks and crypto only go up.

I'm not saying it won’t hit it but I’d happily sell it if it did at that point.

Exactly. If you’d take a step back and actually look at it you’d see it could easily be worthless once the hype dies.

I’m not saying that’s going to happen but it could.

He’s not wrong that at the end of the day the only value bitcoin has is the value we apply to it. Without that demand it doesn’t matter what its finite supply is.

Totally agree, but the same logic can be applied to USD. People just haven't used anything else in their lifetimes and are so accustomed to it so they're in denial that something like BTC is going to eat every asset class alive. All good though, the market will decide and I currently have 100% more faith in a currency that's supply can't be manipulated to create wider wealth inequality. It's just funny to me that people that measure things in USD think BTC is a sham, but never question the purchasing power of their fiat over time. :lol:

Totally agree, but the same logic can be applied to USD. People just haven't used anything else in their lifetimes and are so accustomed to it so they're in denial that something like BTC is going to eat every asset class alive. All good though, the market will decide and I currently have 100% more faith in a currency that's supply can't be manipulated to create wider wealth inequality. It's just funny to me that people that measure things in USD think BTC is a sham, but never question the purchasing power of their fiat over time. :lol:
You literally just said the market will decide. LOL.

Brush up on your history a bit re: Plato and Aristotle and the concept of money.

Godspeed my man.

LMAO. O, please do enlighten me.

Nah, I'll just believe you rather than MIT scholars and economists. Digital tulips...again?? So 2013....what else, let me guess its a BUBBBLE!!! It's gonna crash!! Its not worth anything. Its magic internet money not backed by anything...atleast that is around 2015

Check your favorites S&P 500 and compare them to this tulip/bubble called Bitcoin. Here, Michael Saylor has done it for you all to use as a resource....All your lovable stonks (barf) are trending to ZERO/0 vs bitcoin...weird right?? So embarrassing really. Stocks getting exposed and more and more people seeing it.

Tell me what is your asset of choice and I'll reply in your tone.

2021-03-15 18_18_19-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_30-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_41-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_52-Bitcoin Strategy.png

Last edited:
Nah, I'll just believe you rather than MIT scholars and economists. Digital tulips...again?? So 2013....what else, let me guess its a BUBBBLE!!! It's gonna crash!! Its not worth anything.

Check your favorites S&P 500 and compare them to this tulip/bubble called Bitcoin. Here, Michael Saylor has done it for you all to use as a resource....All your lovable stonks are trending to ZERO/0 vs bitcoin...weird right?? Tell me what is your asset of choice and I'll reply just like you.

2021-03-15 18_18_19-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_30-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_41-Bitcoin Strategy.png

2021-03-15 18_18_52-Bitcoin Strategy.png
Thanks for the post. I would quote myself re: MIT scholars and economists, but, well, that would be kind of pompous.

Let me just be abundantly clear for everyone in here - Bitcoin has 0 utility beyond being a store of value. It solved for the science of p2p electronic cash without an intermediary, but cannot scale. Unless its monetary policy changes, it will never be anything other than what the market says it is worth.

That being said, as I have stated, it is my #1 crypto asset by $USD because I believe in it as a store of value. I believe it will challenge gold. The crypto market needs BTC to succeed and so I will support it to no end.

But to suggest it is anything beyond a speculative asset is asinine.

cannot scale. you sound so definite. so when it scales you'll admit you're wrong right?
Man I respect your crypto knowledge, I really do. I am sure you have made a killing and props.

Maybe you just don't understand what I mean. When I say scale, I mean as anything other than a store of value. Its price can "scale" to $300k, $1m, or whatever, but as a technology, it cannot scale to solve what Nakamoto wanted it to, practically.

I am not saying Bitcoin cant make you money, as evidenced by my portfolio. I am saying its only value is us on this message board and the continued hype of Saylor and Elon and Robinhood and everyone else.

Man I respect your crypto knowledge, I really do. I am sure you have made a killing and props.

Maybe you just don't understand what I mean. When I say scale, I mean as anything other than a store of value. Its price can "scale" to $300k, $1m, or whatever, but as a technology, it cannot scale to solve what Nakamoto wanted it to, practically.

I am not saying Bitcoin cant make you money, as evidenced by my portfolio. I am saying its only value is us on this message board and the continued hype of Saylor and Elon and Robinhood and everyone else.

cool, now do USD.

so you stating it can't scale and it only will ever be speculative asset isn't an asinine statement? you're 100% with that?

Thanks for the post. I would quote myself re: MIT scholars and economists, but, well, that would be kind of pompous.

Let me just be abundantly clear for everyone in here - Bitcoin has 0 utility beyond being a store of value. It solved for the science of p2p electronic cash without an intermediary, but cannot scale. Unless its monetary policy changes, it will never be anything other than what the market says it is worth.

That being said, as I have stated, it is my #1 crypto asset by $USD because I believe in it as a store of value. I believe it will challenge gold. The crypto market needs BTC to succeed and so I will support it to no end.

But to suggest it is anything beyond a speculative asset is asinine.

Fair enough, I agree with most of this. But why are you so hung up on BTC being a MOE? You're speaking from a place of privilege and aren't part of the billions of people on earth that are under an authoritarian regime that constantly has their money debased and surveillanced (but in due time this will happen w/ every centralized currency). THAT is why BTC is important, not because you can buy your daily Starbucks w/ it. Although I still think p2p can happen in due time with projects like LN and Strike.

Yeah, I said let the market decide and my bet is on BTC without regurgitating the nonsense FUD that people feed into because they have fomo from not buying 2 years ago. People rather justify why BTC can't scale instead of putting their ego aside and taking the time to understand why BTC is the best form of currency we've seen in our lifetimes.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I agree with most of this. But why are you so hung up on BTC being a MOE? You're speaking from a place of privilege and aren't part of the billions of people on earth that are under an authoritarian regime that constantly has their money debased and surveillanced. THAT is why BTC is important, not because you can buy your daily Starbucks w/ it.
I am not hung up on it being a medium of exchange, you are. I know for a fact it cant be so I dont even consider it.

Maybe I should ask you, what is Bitcoin?

Back
Top Bottom