Official Bitcoin Thread

I’m not planning to sell any btc or ethereum for anytime foreseeable. What are your guys time horizons?

I’m not planning to sell any btc or ethereum for anytime foreseeable. What are your guys time horizons?
Not before the halving so not selling before 2024.
Election year too and crypto will definitely on the agenda.

Macro is the main thing to watch but I think we're good to go next year to the year after so will start to DCA out slowly once we hit some key levels.

I don’t have a lot of btc. Mostly eth and sol. I’m dumping my whole portfolio once it’s at the dollar amount I’m happy with. I’ll have made good profit then.

No time just a dollar amount for me. Gets too emotional if you’re trying to worry about every pump for me. I learned my lesson.

SOL is flying and rightfully so. ETH needs to send it too above 2K.

What happened to Boryoku's?

As for recession. A lot of the macro stuff is over my head but I didn't think we will be at 3% inflation in July going by what analysts were saying.
Also I thought the interest rates would've done a lot more damage but seems like Jerome Powell doing his thing is working.

If we carrying on flying like this then I think I'll pause the DCA and see if we get a retest of current levels then go all in.

ETF and BTC halving next year could get front run'd if we're not to careful but at the same time, something could pop from the macro situation but what? The worst could be behind us.
I think now to December could just be accumulation period and then 2024 to 25 could be prime time bull.

Took me two bull runs to learn but this time, I will cash out :lol:

Yeah the worst is likely behind us but if we pump to say $40k+? I don't think a dip back down into the 20s is out of the question. I agree though 2024 should be a helluva ride :pimp:.

Boryoku has spent a whole year+ of doing zilch :ohwell:. The Akumu mint (late May 2022) couldn't have been timed any worse. Just a week or so before the market crashed. They scrapped all plans after that and most of the OG team left the project. The new team has been grinding hard all through the bear though, and some of the new plans should come to fruition soon (idle game, metaverse). I won't say I'm completely bullish but I am hopeful that better days are ahead. I'm bullish enough that I've been adding here and there. I'm up to 7 genesis and a bunch of babies now :lol:. Still some really solid alpha in the discord.

I only have BTC at this point. I'll be ETH at under 1k though.

You still bearish? Come to the dark side, we don't bite :lol:.

F07YFAfXwAEMw9x.jpg

The data shows over decades that for index funds like the S&P 500 that people who try to time selling high and buying back low would have to time these points so perfectly over the years to beat those who simply stay invested and continue to DCA. Trying to time the market is insane.

Even if it goes to $200K, why would you sell when it could go to multiples of that? I say hold it forever, add more when you can, and if you need cash for life purposes, hopefully it's when it's above your avg cost basis, and take out only what you need.

I keep kicking myself for not buying even $100 worth of BTC when my friend got into it when it was $1. I told him he was an idiot....SMDH. That said, had I bought it, when that $100 turned into $10K would I have held it? If so, when that $10K turned into $100K, would I have held it? And so on. He's a believer so never sold, and now has tens of millions worth. I'm not making that mistake again! I'll never sell unless needed for life needs, and hopefully at some point we'll be able to borrow against it so we never have to sell to get cash.

And don't forget any taxable events that selling creates, even trading into stable coins may trigger taxable events depending on how the regulations go,

I’ve got twice as much eth in NFTs now than fungible assets. If this pays off, I’m cashing out in 2025, buying a beach house and never turning back.

Fully expect on chain generative art to have another bull run that melts faces.
Anything else besides chromie and fidenzas? QQ hype has died down but I can see generative art popping too, PFP stuff has been hit hard outside of punks.

I’ve got twice as much eth in NFTs now than fungible assets. If this pays off, I’m cashing out in 2025, buying a beach house and never turning back.

Fully expect on chain generative art to have another bull run that melts faces.

I like the bet.

Have you listened to Punk6529 on the Emprie podcast? Great insight

Haven’t listened to that one in particular but he’s always wellspoken

Squiggles are the safest bet but running away at this point

Really like memories of qilin, own a couple of those and Emily is becoming a leader in the space which I like to see. Anticyclones are a solid bet (don’t own any), like meridians as well. Friendship bracelets are a cheaper play to leverage the thematic. If it works, FBs could 5x from here. Terraforms have a lot of hype. Thinking about getting one if I could create the liquidity I need to add one. Cargo and human unreadable are cool too (own one cargo). Personally a fan of colorspace and fake it till you make it.

Only PFPs I have at this point are toadz and an mfer. Wouldn’t touch anything else at this point.

Love anything Xcopy. Currently only own his meme card.

Petro national and world flags are a good bet on a well respected artist in the space as well. Only own one flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjs
I bought some DOGE for the first time ever a couple days ago and will think about adding more on dips in the near future. I think it's in an interesting spot right now.. People are going to come up with all kinds of crazy predictions on the Twitter rebrand and if/how Elon will integrate DOGE into it. That kind of speculation is usually pretty good for the price action.

Some of my biggest Ws have come from ignoring fundamentals or the chart and simply asking - "Is there a reason for people to get excited about this in the near future?" and that's my thesis here 🤷‍♂️. I'm expecting to know whether or not this was an L within a few months. I'll cut my losses if it dips enough. Not looking to hodl DOGE long term :lol:.

I'm also gonna start DCAing PEPE. Again ignoring fundamentals and simply trusting the power of the meme. I'm expecting, and will hodl to 0, but I think there's a nonzero chance that it pulls a 2021 DOGE (200x+) during the next bull run. Worth the risk for me.

Back
Top Bottom