...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by viiheaven

A couple of my gripes with the Bold 9700 after having the Curve 8900:

• The keyboard feels weird. I loved the keyboard on the Curve 8900. I may get used to it in time.
  • Threaded SMS. I don't know what the hell this is, it feels like I'm on BBM all the time.
  • You can't delete one specific text, you have to delete the whole 'thread' of texts. Horrible.
  • The enter key substituting as a 'Send' key. I press enter all the time to use as the 'Return' button. They need to at least give an option like they did on previous BlackBerrys to turn that off (I hear that's available on the new OS leak)
If the next official OS fixes these issues, I'm all for it. Until then, I'm sort of regretting switching over. I still got my 8900, may just start using it again.
The threaded SMS features bugs the hell out of me, as well as all my friends. Haha, I'm so used to it being like BBM, I forget that every timeI press enter, it sends them a whole new text.

But other than that, it runs so smoothly and beautifully. I have no real complaints.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i love my 9700 so far EXCEPT for this SMS lock up issue...and it seems to be happening more and more

nerd.gif
hopefully theres a fix soon

What exactly do u mean by sms lock up issue? im asking bcuz I used to have a similar problem with my Tour where, when I texted certain people, the sms'would take foreverrrrr to open/send...

I found out that these certain ppl my phone did this with, i texted these people allll the time so there was a lot of messages for the phone to load everytimeI would open/send...just deleted texts and that made it faster....

hopefully I helped, if that was your prob haha
smile.gif

-macNcheeesee

What exactly do u mean by sms lock up issue? im asking bcuz I used to have a similar problem with my Tour where, when I texted certain people, the sms' would take foreverrrrr to open/send...

I found out that these certain ppl my phone did this with, i texted these people allll the time so there was a lot of messages for the phone to load everytime I would open/send...just deleted texts and that made it faster....

hopefully I helped, if that was your prob haha
smile.gif

its not that it takes forever it just WONT open- like i'll get the indicator that i got a new sms....i'll see it bolded and click butnada...i can open ones around it but not the new one
somebody said they had the same issue in this thread

i started doing what he suggested with starting a new text to that person but thats getting kinda annoying- esp if the text is long you dont see it all causeyou cant scroll

yea and the threaded thing is kinda weak too- wish it had an option to shut it off...i end up sending 3-4 texts in a row treating it like bbm/aim

Kingtre: Yeah, Ive never had that problem so i honestly have no clue hwo to help off the top of my head....
but I know I usually check crackberry.com if I have an issue or just search there and someone prolly has had the same problem and they have a solution (searchforums)...sry i couldnt be more of a help..

-macNcheeesee

Tre as i said a couple of pages back try changing the theme & pulling the battery. Sometimes you dont even have to pull the battery after you change thetheme so check before you do so. this happens to me (8900) & i just switch themes real quick and problem solved. & Mac said, try crackberry for anyproblems cause thats where i got this solution...

So, I just got my Bold 2 today... Aside from the screen and keyboard size, it easily has the first Bold beat. I used to have one, and was skeptical, as I'msure many are, whether the 2 was gonna be much better. I now have my answer. Bold 2 FTW

Guys My worst fears occured last night ; I dropped my BB in the Sink (Tear Tear)
Worst Night of my life ; I've searched on google about what to do when this happens. Has this ever happened to you guys? And what did you do? So far imjust letting them Dry out with the battery & sim cards out to. Smh

Originally Posted by RoOk

Guys My worst fears occured last night ; I dropped my BB in the Sink (Tear Tear)
Worst Night of my life ; I've searched on google about what to do when this happens. Has this ever happened to you guys? And what did you do? So far im just letting them Dry out with the battery & sim cards out to. Smh

Trying putting your phone in dry rice to absorb the water. i did something similar to my iphone & it works fine now.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

anyone can tell me how to take out the sent via blackberry sig on my emails?

thanks!
go to "personal email setup"-->log into your blackberry internet service--> you will see all of your existing emails. click on thefirst one, edit, and scroll down until you see "signature". delete what is already there and save. you have to do this for all your emails if youhave more than one set up.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by RoOk

Worst Night of my life ; I've searched on google about what to do when this happens. Has this ever happened to you guys? And what did you do? So far im just letting them Dry out with the battery & sim cards out to. Smh

Trying putting your phone in dry rice to absorb the water. i did something similar to my iphone & it works fine -
^^^
THIS
-macNcheeesee

im having trouble with my BBM. . my status dont show up when i update. .i see everyones on my list except mine. . its annoying. . can someone help me?

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

what kind of cases everyone rocking on their 9700 ? i just ordered a epik skin

regular gel skin from tmobile, im careful with my phone so its good enough for me, also have the screen protector on there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

what kind of cases everyone rocking on their 9700 ? i just ordered a epik skin

regular gel skin from tmobile, im careful with my phone so its good enough for me, also have the screen protector on there
pimp.gif

same setup here just need a side case so i dont have to put it in my pocket all the time, want it to be seen

When is that ESSEX (tour 2) supposed to drop for Sprint?

I just picked up the OG tour about a month ago, but I didn't extend my contract.
pimp.gif

How much are you dudes paying for your 9700's? i want to get one and get on one of those t mobile even more plus plans.

Originally Posted by Grimey

How much are you dudes paying for your 9700's? i want to get one and get on one of those t mobile even more plus plans.
If you're on the Even More Plus plan, you pay retail but in installments of $20/month that's tacked onto your bill. You're allowed tocall them up and pay a large sum also if you so choose.

$450 with me, for that plan you must pay retail for the phone.

Back
Top Bottom