...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

HELP!

I have an unlocked verizon blackberry tour (9630)...

and when I put a T-MO sim card, it says, "your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" and it gives me an option of "Yes" and "No."

I called T-MO and they gave me the passcode... It's just every time I choose "Yes" it does nothing and sends me to the home screen.

I've already called T-MO and Verizon for help... but have gotten nothing in response.. Virtually nothing.

Can anyone help me out, or even point me to the right direction..

Thanks...

Anyone? I really need the help

the playbook may just be enough to keep me with rim. Does anybody know if the syncing between bb and the playbook will cost additional money?

i got a message a few days ago saying an upgrade is available for version 6.0.0.48 on my bb9700. is it worth the download b/c this file is taking a long time to dl
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

i got a message a few days ago saying an upgrade is available for version 6.0.0.48 on my bb9700. is it worth the download b/c this file is taking a long time to dl
laugh.gif
I downloaded it. It's like
eek.gif
after installing. Very different from 5.0. It'll definitely take a couple days to get used to it but I like it. The transitioning windows are my favorite. Beats having to press the Navigation button and scroll to find an app/program.

I think the 9780 may be my final Blackberry. Unless the new ones are just incredible, I'll probably switch to an iPhone whenever my contract finally ends... especially if ATT and Tmobile merge and make my life easy with my family plan.

HELP!

I have an unlocked verizon blackberry tour (9630)...

and when I put a T-MO sim card, it says, "your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" and it gives me an option of "Yes" and "No."

I called T-MO and they gave me the passcode... It's just every time I choose "Yes" it does nothing and sends me to the home screen.

I've already called T-MO and Verizon for help... but have gotten nothing in response.. Virtually nothing.

Can anyone help me out, or even point me to the right direction..

Thanks...

Anyone? I really need the help
You need to install a new OS for the carrier you want to use. Then do the unlock code.

^ thanks..

But I can only use it with verizon now...

After I asked that question (above) I took it to a "authorized dealer" to get it looked at since I didn't know how to fix it. I ate some lunch and came back to pick it up. He told me it was good to go and all i had to do was pop in my sim card/call verizon to get it activated. When I got home, I popped in my T-MO sim card and it didnt work. When I called verizon, they told me that the phone was reported lost/stolen. From this point I was heated, i mean HEATED. I went back to the store and asked for my money back.. and when he said he didnt have any, I asked to see his business license since he claimed he was an authorized dealer. When he couldnt provide that, I looked him up on better business bureau and nothing. This guy was a fraud. I told him either give me the money back, and compensate me for my time, or get your shop shut down and get arrested for selling/buying stolen phones.

He apologized and refunded my money, paid me $30 for gas, and gave me an unlocked BB 8310.

I'm just glad this is over.

Anyhow, with the unlocked 8310, I want to change the housing... The phone won't lock up will it? Yeah, I have little knowledge on cell phones.

OS6 had my BB spazzin wit all of its bloatware
And I can't find any free pretty themes to rock
frown.gif

That Bold Touch really needs to happen, kuz I can't see myself using another type of phone.

My loyalty lies solely on the Playbook really.  I need something more than a smartphone but I'm not gonna be doing heavy enough computing on the go for a laptop.

I wanna know, will TMO charge for tethering?  If so will they charge for bridging?  And last but not least, the new BBs will be hotspot enabled - will they change for that too?

Main reason I never jumped ship was that I can tether my home CPU and use the unlimited data plan for free internet at home.  It would suck to pay to tether the PB but if it's nominal like $15 and I still get unlimited data, I can do that.  If I have to pay to access the mobile hotspot on the new BBs, I might as well get an Android then.  I'll be getting a WiFi PB regardless but it's on RIM and TMO if I'm going to still stay with their simultaneously new and outdated phones.

Originally Posted by BangDak

From a tour to an 8310?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Should have at least asked for 9530 curves, or a bold.

It actually works out. I can use the 9630 on verizon and use the 8310 on TMO... and it was free, so you can't beat that.

Russ - Naw...a 9780 with a touch screen would be too small and wouldn't make sense. Your finger would take up practically the whole scene if you try to use the touch screen. Think more Bold 9000 + trackpad + touch screen. Pretty much the perfect phone for me. Except RIM is still be wack about keeping up with the competition (no front facing camera, limited OS abilities, etc.)

Here's more info for you fam.

Dakota_Product_Specification_Sheet-1110408183814.png

Dakota_Product_Specification_Sheet-2110408183838.png

Looks like RIMS new line up consists of the Bold Touch, Torch 2, Curve Touch, BB Touch, and Playbook.

BlackBerry-Bold-Touch-9930110407150935.jpg

This is all I want, tho.

I'm interested to see what the Bold Touch looks like on Verizon. Definitely would like to stick with RIM.

my iphone got run over yesterday and my screen is done there for im moving to the 9700 sometime this week

Hello everyone, I just got a 9780 unlocked for cheap and was wondering if I should trade my unlocked 9780 for a unlocked 9700 + $120? lemme kno, thanks

ps I'm on AT&T if that matters

Back
Top Bottom