...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

now that i think about it what do you guys think about ether buying a tour and unlocking it or buying a already unlocked tour I have att? I dont really like how small the 9700 is

anyone who has upgraded to the new OS ive noticed the phone does run faster but on the browser i noticed it doesnt load certain pages fully it says page is too big and closes smh this is a big problem for me being as i spend most of my time on my bb at work pressing on links , searching ebay and it wont fully load can anyone suggest another web browser to use other than opera mini

The new Bold 9900 looks nice. I wonder if they fixed memory leak and browsing. I'm using Android now and switching to BB would be a downgrade for me. Still love BB though.

--Pics of all these upcoming devices?
nerd.gif

--Pretty content with my BB Torch...
grin.gif

Anyone know an easy way to downgrade the OS? OS6 sucks on the 9700 and I need to go back to OS5. The memory leaks are bad and I can't fast forward or rewind when listening to voice notes.

Maaaaaaaaan that new bold gives me a reason to smile. When does it drop?

I'm still holding on to my Bold with the trackball waiting the iPhone 5... save me!

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Handsets
[h4]BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 (Bold Touch) official[/h4]
By Tim Stevens posted May 2nd 2011 8:30AM

Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

We've seen it photographed, videotaped, and even, briefly, up on RIM's own website. Now it's up there to stay, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 (aka the Bold Touch) have been made official as RIM kicks off BlackBerry World in Orlando. As expected, the phone packs a 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor that has only a 2.8-inch VGA touchscreen with a 287dpi pixel density to worry about. On the back is a five megapixel camera and inside is 8GB of internal storage (with microSD expansion) and NFC circuitry. At 10.5mm it's RIM's thinnest handset yet, featuring a stainless steel circumference and a fiberglass back, while up front of course it makes room for a full QWERTY keyboard. The 9900 supports HSPA+ connectivity to get its 4G on, while the 9930 is the world variant, adding dual-band CDMA and quad-band GSM to the mix, and both do 802.11a/b/g/n along with Bluetooth 2.1. Both, quite naturally, include the new BlackBerry 7 OS, including a faster browser and voice-activated search. Another picture and full specs are listed after the break, which will have to do you until this handset releases sometime in the summer, meaning this could be your next great beach accessory for those working vacations.

Update: Full press release and more images after the break.

bold-600-2011-05-02-600-2-01.jpg

bold-600-2011-05-02-600-3-01.jpg

Link

Wow i havent been in this thread in a long time... I guess that happens when I got impatient with RIM and went to iPhone for my personal phone.

I have a Tour for my job, they gave us an option to upgrade but Im trying to see if it is woth the wait or upgrade now.

add me to the NT Group pleaseeeeeeeee 20W1BF00

And yes that Bold is starting to look real good! I'm just not a huge fan of touch screens but having my blackberry bold be both! WOW!

But what can it do tho?

Phone looks dope but with these wild android phones dropping this year? I mean, the specs aren't really.................

The phone looks nice tho but what else about is gonna bring more people back to BB? No hate, just a honest observation.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

But what can it do tho?

Phone looks dope but with these wild android phones dropping this year? I mean, the specs aren't really.................

The phone looks nice tho but what else about is gonna bring more people back to BB? No hate, just a honest observation.
I guess it all depends on what you need it for. I use my for business before anything and this looks promising. I still want an iPhone 5 for the games, apps, etc but it comes down to it i rather just get an iTouch and get this bold. Who knows though. Its always the same story with me.

When does this drop?

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

But what can it do tho?

I guess it all depends on what you need it for. I use my for business before anything and this looks promising. I still want an iPhone 5 for the games, apps, etc but it comes down to it i rather just get an iTouch and get this bold. Who knows though. Its always the same story with me.

When does this drop?

THIS.
The iPhone sucks as a telephone. Imma sound redundant but the main reason people get the iPhone is for the games & apps. You never hear someone say "oh, imma get the iPhone cuz its a good telephone!"

Back
Top Bottom