OFFICIAL BOOK RECOMMENDATION THREAD VOL. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

I wanted to start a thread about good books to read because ive been looking for recommendations lately and just thought it would be good to just share good books with everyone. So if your reading or have read any good books recently post some up for others to get the chance to get their reading game up.
abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-book-cover.jpg

Recently read this book. It was ok the beginning was good then tapered off towards the end

200px-Robopocalypse_Book_Cover.jpg

VERY good book thoroughly enjoyed it. its about a scientist who creates an A.I. that takes over the robots and machines on earth and they rage a war on humans ala "Terminator"

61713457364136547_ouGgiqpX_b.jpg

Currently reading this book. Its a Steven King book about a guy in present day who discovers a time travel portal in this diner and is going to try to go back in time to save president Kennedy. Im only 200 and something pages in but im enjoying it.

My person favorite book growing up was Tears of a Tiger. Part of the Sharon Draper Hazelwood High Series.

I just finished 11/22/63. It was the first king book I've ever read. It starts off so fast, and then 2nd third of the book really changes pace. If you can get through that (it's not at all bad, just different from what actually pulls you in -time travel, assassination, etc -) it's a really good book imo. Long though.

Btw there's a NT goodreads thread (and even a goodreads group) but I guess it fell off.

Originally Posted by IYE2

I just finished 11/22/63. It was the first king book I've ever read. It starts off so fast, and then 2nd third of the book really changes pace. If you can get through that (it's not at all bad, just different from what actually pulls you in -time travel, assassination, etc -) it's a really good book imo. Long though.

Btw there's a NT goodreads thread (and even a goodreads group) but I guess it fell off.

u giving my hopes up lol

I'm reading "%@@+ My Dad Says" and it's not all that great. I was expecting much more. The humor is nice but it's all repetitive.

Reading the Alchemist now. got a few recommendations from the old thread i have to start. from moving and starting a new job to a wild 2 year old, reading time if few a far between.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

u giving my hopes up lol

laugh.gif
na it's all that too, just the middle portion of the book doesnt focus as much on those aspects.

If anyone likes mysteries/police procedurals and/or courtroom stories, I highly recommend Michael Connolly's books. He wrote Lincoln Lawyer (which they made into a movie) and has a solid bookography. They read quickly, but have enough twists to entertain.

In terms of non-fiction, I've read a couple books on beer: Brewing Up a Business by Sam Caglione and Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian. Wouldn't necessarily recommend Brewing Up a Business, unless you want to read a couple hundred pages of promotion for Dogfish Head, the brewery that the author started and is president of.

I'm hoping to get into Homebrewing of beers, so the second was a good choice. I'd recommend it for anyone else interested in home brewing.

I also just started It Happened on the Way to War by Rye Barcott. So far it's very good. It's a memoir of a Marine who spent a lot of time in the Kibera slum in Nairobi Kenya.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

u giving my hopes up lol

laugh.gif
na it's all that too, just the middle portion of the book doesnt focus as much on those aspects.

Finished it up about a week and a half ago. I read THE MIST good story just that ending sucked worse then the movie. Starting now on the other stephen king book THE STAND. Ive always heard good things and never watched the movie

Haven't been reading a lot lately but, last one I did read was The Things They Carried didn't really enjoy it though.

I would recommend this one though, I couldn't put it down once I hit the middle of the novel.

72411-cover.jpg

I never understood how people get into fiction books like that... Maybe because I haven't read enough, but I'm strictly non fiction when it comes to reading...

The Millionaire Fastlane is essential reading and I urge EVERYONE to just take my word and read it.

Back
Top Bottom