OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

is this game going to get any play, talk nationally in the US?

or just regionally in the Boston area

Chances are Boston is the only city in the U.S. where the ratings & excitement won't be atrocious. Hockey already gets little to no love here in the states on a national level. It appears that unless Crosby or Ovechkin aren't playing one another the masses are oblivious. A team from Canada in the Finals just makes it that much less interesting to the casual American fan.
Doesn't appear to be the case:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Stanley Cup Game 1 earns best rating since 1999[/h1]
Jun 2, 1:51 pm EDT

NEW YORK (AP)—The opener of the Stanley Cup finals drew the bestpreliminary rating for a Game 1 in 12 years.

The Vancouver Canucks’ last-second 1-0 win over the Boston Bruins earned a3.2 overnight rating and 6 share on NBC on Wednesday. That’s up 14 percent fromlast year’s Philadelphia-Chicago Game 1 and the highest since a 3.7 forBuffalo-Dallas in 1999.

A 2011 Stanley Cup Final stick…
AP - May 28, 4:49 pm EDT

The rating was boosted by heavy interest in Boston’s large market, whichposted a 25.5/39, topping the 19.1/34 for Game 1 of last year’s Celtics-LakersNBA finals.

The rating was 113 percent higher than the first game on NBC the last time aCanadian team was in the final. Ottawa-Anaheim in 2007 drew a 1.5/3.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into aprogram. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at thetime. Overnight ratings measure the country’s largest markets.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

is this game going to get any play, talk nationally in the US?

or just regionally in the Boston area

Chances are Boston is the only city in the U.S. where the ratings & excitement won't be atrocious. Hockey already gets little to no love here in the states on a national level. It appears that unless Crosby or Ovechkin aren't playing one another the masses are oblivious. A team from Canada in the Finals just makes it that much less interesting to the casual American fan.
Doesn't appear to be the case:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Stanley Cup Game 1 earns best rating since 1999[/h1]
Jun 2, 1:51 pm EDT

NEW YORK (AP)—The opener of the Stanley Cup finals drew the bestpreliminary rating for a Game 1 in 12 years.

The Vancouver Canucks’ last-second 1-0 win over the Boston Bruins earned a3.2 overnight rating and 6 share on NBC on Wednesday. That’s up 14 percent fromlast year’s Philadelphia-Chicago Game 1 and the highest since a 3.7 forBuffalo-Dallas in 1999.

A 2011 Stanley Cup Final stick…
AP - May 28, 4:49 pm EDT

The rating was boosted by heavy interest in Boston’s large market, whichposted a 25.5/39, topping the 19.1/34 for Game 1 of last year’s Celtics-LakersNBA finals.

The rating was 113 percent higher than the first game on NBC the last time aCanadian team was in the final. Ottawa-Anaheim in 2007 drew a 1.5/3.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into aprogram. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at thetime. Overnight ratings measure the country’s largest markets.

Someone needs to show those ratings to Tony Kornheiser. He was saying Vancouver being in the final is gonna be less interest and rating in the states.

Someone needs to show those ratings to Tony Kornheiser. He was saying Vancouver being in the final is gonna be less interest and rating in the states.

Originally Posted by cquan05

For my US folk
pimp.gif
solid

If you watch the video, Hughson is the guy doing the majority of the Canucks hilights, with Cole doing the Boston ones. (for those curious in the states)
Good to see ratings are high!

If you watch the video, Hughson is the guy doing the majority of the Canucks hilights, with Cole doing the Boston ones. (for those curious in the states)
Good to see ratings are high!

TPOB - off topic but were the true blue iiis released in canada?  foosh had 1 pair in each size but !+$! that #!*+ im not gonna bother

anyways, bizzare gilbert brule story
laugh.gif

cant wait for game 2
pimp.gif

TPOB - off topic but were the true blue iiis released in canada?  foosh had 1 pair in each size but !+$! that #!*+ im not gonna bother

anyways, bizzare gilbert brule story
laugh.gif

cant wait for game 2
pimp.gif

I am curious how they figured that share number, is Canada configured into that? If Canada viewers are added into that I am not surprised at all. 

I am curious how they figured that share number, is Canada configured into that? If Canada viewers are added into that I am not surprised at all. 

^canadian numbers arent factored in i believe. which makes it pretty impressive

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Physicx

TPOB - off topic but were the true blue iiis released in canada?

Yea, today actually. Shouldn't be too hard to get.
thanks man. im kinda lazy to hit up wem right now so i hope theyll have a 9.5 for me
laugh.gif

are you still in van or back in calgary?

^canadian numbers arent factored in i believe. which makes it pretty impressive

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Physicx

TPOB - off topic but were the true blue iiis released in canada?

Yea, today actually. Shouldn't be too hard to get.
thanks man. im kinda lazy to hit up wem right now so i hope theyll have a 9.5 for me
laugh.gif

are you still in van or back in calgary?

Looks like the North East alone is responsible for that rating. I came across this on a different site.

"One in every four Canadians watched game 1 between Vancouver and Boston. It was the third most watched sporting event ever in Canada, behind only the 2002 and 2010 Olmypics Mens’ Gold Medal game between Canada and the United States."

Looks like the North East alone is responsible for that rating. I came across this on a different site.

"One in every four Canadians watched game 1 between Vancouver and Boston. It was the third most watched sporting event ever in Canada, behind only the 2002 and 2010 Olmypics Mens’ Gold Medal game between Canada and the United States."

Those ratings are pretty crazy considering 50-75,000 people in MA didn't have power during game 1 due to tornados/thunder storms.

Back
Top Bottom