Official Boston Celtics @ Atlanta Hawks Game 4 thread

That ref lookin at KG like "O'Rly.."
laugh.gif

I'm sending this pic to Stern RIGHT NOW

Go Hawks, Lebron & Co don't want it either.

damn, KG definitely needs to get suspended..
stern wont allow KG to sit out a game!

come on stern, make it happen please!!!!!!

*prays*

I don't think marvin will get suspended.

Its the same as duncan last year vs the suns. He got up off the bench but he didn't run or anything. He just looked and he didn't do anything.

But I think KG might be in trouble...

I want to see how stern calls this. He put his hands on that ref and kinda threw him. Rules state you can't touch a ref. We will see.

He put his hands on that ref and kinda threw him. Rules state you can't touch a ref. We will see.

very true.

He wont get suspended, Stern wants them to win the title.

also very true.

another thing im noticing, espn isn't making an issue out of this out all.
ohwell.gif

It went unnoticed, all people saw was just an argument between the players. No matter what that deserves a suspension, whether its Lebron, Kobe, etc.

Originally Posted by tupac003

I don't think marvin will get suspended.

Its the same as duncan last year vs the suns. He got up off the bench but he didn't run or anything. He just looked and he didn't do anything.

But I think KG might be in trouble...

I want to see how stern calls this. He put his hands on that ref and kinda threw him. Rules state you can't touch a ref. We will see.

stern's not going to address it, as long as he doesnt bring it up it never happened, there's no way he'd risk his cash cow boston being upsetbecause of a few suspensions

If they go by the same rule that they used to suspend Amare & Diaw last year, then Perkins & Marvin Williams should be suspended, as well as KG.otherwise, the league is an even bigger joke than I thought

I see it this way, the only way he would have got a suspension was if Boston was up 3-0 or 3-1. Now since the series is 2-2 it could go either way and ifBoston loses at home it goes back to Atlanta giving the Hawks a chance to upset the Celtics in the first round.

kg is like them strippers who have to do more to get attention. that menacing appearance/intensity is just there to compensate for any physical toughness he doesn't have. He's a competitive guy, but there are limitations to his overall toughness(mental and physical) because of his body frame/physical strength.
Dyyhard, you're one of my favorite posters in the sports forum. That is spot on.
thanks Gordon, i usually just post nonsense and one-liners......but you get what I'm saying. them sub-par strippers who have to do more to getyour attention. He's got unbelievable talent, but in terms of that menacing scowl/cursing/on court antics, don't get that confused with toughness. Hisbody frame/physical make-up is one step away from being Keith Closs.

steven a. smith is about to break down possible suspensions on sportscenter right now.
im tuning in as we speak.

nah, hes about to talk about it right now.. after this jason taylor ishhhh

edit: god hurry up with all this. get to the important stuff. we already
know zeto's contract is a bust and an 09 nfl mock draft already?
smh.gif

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP)-The Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks escaped discipline for a Game 4 skirmish in which Kevin Garnett pushed off a referee while players onboth benches stepped onto the court.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Tuesday there would be no fines or suspensions. Four technical fouls resulted in a game Atlanta won 97-92 to tie the best-of-sevenseries at two games apiece.

The confrontation started when Kevin Garnett cleared out Zaza Pachulia with an elbow, and the Hawks forward went forehead-to-forehead with the Celtics star. Areferee grabbed Garnett, but he, too, got a push as Garnett struggled to break free.

Celtics center Kedrick Perkins and Atlanta forward Marvin Williams acknowledged they stepped onto the court as they strained to see what was going on. Suchactions are barred in the NBA, especially with commissioner David Stern looking on.

Umm..

All I'ma say is that there are some REAL inconsistencies here.

Actually, It needs to be said..

$tern lost me on this one...I've never had real problems with what he's done...but this??

Blatantly shows inconsistencies and favoritism....it's a joke. If you don't suspend Amare last year, ok cool...that's fine...BUT YOU DID.

YOU SET A PRECEDENT...now you HAVE to follow it

KG pushed a referee, and nothing? Got to be ++#++@ kiddin me

edit
it's on yahoo sports

omg, how horrible is that? thats so dumb.
very very very ridiculous.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

extremely one-sided. wow im baffled.

but i cant say i couldnt see this coming.

Back
Top Bottom