Official Boston Celtics Season Thread vol. Banner 18 or Bust

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

smh.gif
@ Lakers fans in this thread talking sideways and you wonder why you guys are the most hated fans on nt.

Magic vs. Jordan, or whatever his sn is, is a troll/tool. You can tell he makes extra effort to talk #%#$, probably one of those Laker fans who only watches afew games
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

mannn, mike never lost his touch or footwork...that last fallaway off glass was beautiful.

i know tommy said he thinks he'll make it and since mchale hes with al jeff as the best post player hes seen..but what are the chances really?

I think it's a long shot, but we'll see. Did he lose any weight over the summer Allen? If he did, it wasn't enough.

Any Lakers fan coming in here is a straight lame. You know deep down inside that your 09 title is hollow one, which is why you're all over the Celticstopics in S & T. Do us all a favor and stay the !%!@ outta here. We don't value your opinions, stick to your own team thread lames.

Any Lakers fan coming in here is a straight lame. You know deep down inside that your 09 title is hollow one, which is why you're all over the Celtics topics in S & T. Do us all a favor and stay the !%!@ outta here. We don't value your opinions, stick to your own team thread lames.
Hi FIRST B0RN
laugh.gif

Hope the Celtics can remain healthy, can never have too many high quality teams in the NBA.

I know its a Celtic thread just wanted to give my 2 cents.

With everyone healthy,

I say Celts finish 65-17. They'll have a couple let down games just like every other team in the league. 1st seed in the playoffs and my pick to come outthe East.

See yall in the Finals!!

I like how Hudson has looked. Should make the team.

Nice to see KG throw down a few lobs from Rondo. I was very scared about KG, but those feelings have gone away. He'll be fine for May/June.

Sheed certainly ain't scared to shoot. It's what we needed out of the bench, though.

Not feeling Scalabrine as the 10th man as a SF.

Sweetney's got a very nice touch, but it's so easy to outquick him on the boards and on D. I don't see them using a roster spot on him to loseweight when they didn't want to use a spot on Powe rehabbing.

Can't wait.

I fear eventually playing Lebron in the Conf. Finals.

Getting tix for the 11/25 game vs Philly. Edit: Banks2Pierce- Nice sig fam, my 3 teams
pimp.gif

Any Lakers fan coming in here is a straight lame. You know deep down inside that your 09 title is hollow one, which is why you're all over the Celtics topics in S & T. Do us all a favor and stay the !%!@ outta here. We don't value your opinions, stick to your own team thread lames.

Oh shut the hell up. Not all Laker fans are douches, some of us come in here to rap with smart fans about their teams, and that can also include talkin alittle junk. One of us says somethin stupid, just ignore it, and talk to the ones that are actually sayin somethin. So settle down.
wink.gif

You aren't really FB are you?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

mannn, mike never lost his touch or footwork...that last fallaway off glass was beautiful.

i know tommy said he thinks he'll make it and since mchale hes with al jeff as the best post player hes seen..but what are the chances really?

I think it's a long shot, but we'll see. Did he lose any weight over the summer Allen? If he did, it wasn't enough.

He looks as fat as ever.

ya, i would have hate to have seen him last year.

I can't even imagine. If he was in any shape, he'd be better than Shelden, but doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Oh shut the hell up. Not all Laker fans are douches, some of us come in here to rap with smart fans about their teams, and that can also include talkin a little junk. One of us says somethin stupid, just ignore it, and talk to the ones that are actually sayin somethin. So settle down.
wink.gif

You aren't really FB are you?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
@thinking that is me.

laugh.gif
he was yelling at Lakers fans and talkin trash about the 09 title,sounded like you.
laugh.gif

But I was playin off Nas's comment on page 2, he thought it was you too.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
he was yelling at Lakers fans and talkin trash about the 09 title, sounded like you.
laugh.gif

But I was playin off Nas's comment on page 2, he thought it was you too.
nerd.gif
You guys are both ******ed then, acting like I am the only one who yells at Lakers fans and thinks the 09 title gets a *
laugh.gif

ya, i would have hate to have seen him last year.

I can't even imagine. If he was in any shape, he'd be better than Shelden, but doesn't matter.

I know. Shelden has tried some UGLY post moves so far.

I saw Sweetney in Orlando this summer and he looks about the same size as now. Pulled his hammy within a few minutes out there. I heard something about theextra weight gain being a result of his father's death. Not sure how true that is.

Updated: October 17, 2009, 11:15 PM ET

[h2]Allen fighting lingering soreness[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Forsberg
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

WALTHAM -- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers deemed guard Tony Allen "day to day" with ankle soreness after hemissed Friday's open practice in Lowell.

But after once again sitting out Saturday's session at the Sports Authority Training Center at HealthPoint, Allen didn't seem so keen on thetimetable for his return.

3842.jpg

Allen

Allen, rehabbing from arthroscopic right ankle surgery and posterior tibial tendon repair during the offseason, talked about recent setbacks Saturday,pointing to inflammation and scar tissue in the ankle.

Allen also noted he might have been a bit too enthusiastic about trying to get back on the court -- he approached Rivers just before tipoff of an exhibitiongame against the New York Knicks on Oct. 9 -- and the anklehasn't responded well since he logged a little over eight scoreless minutes.

Now it sounds like Allen might not be ready to return to game action until the second week of the season.

"It was unfortunate that it swelled up on me afterwards," said Allen. "It was aching pretty bad. I'm just focusing on trying to get thisright. I know it's going to take a little time, but I feel my body is in shape."

Entering his sixth season in Boston, Allen has been riddled with injuries ever since he appeared to be breaking out early in the 2006-07 campaign. InJanuary of 2007, he tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee while attempting a post-whistle dunk and missed the remainder of the season.

Allen was underwhelming after returning to the court in 2007-08 (averaging career-lows in both field-goal percentage and steals). Last season he underwentsurgery on his left thumb after a freak accident at practice and, despite a short bench in the postseason, he was ultimately a non-factor for the Celtics.

Allen remains confident about his return to action.

"I've got days for extra strengthening, extra conditioning, I feel good from that standpoint," he said. "It's just an aching injury,that they expected to be aching around this point."

Chris Forsberg is a reporter for ESPNBoston.com.

Back
Top Bottom