Official Boston Celtics Season Thread vol. Banner 18 or Bust

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

and imo there isn't a better defense in the LEAGUE. Actually with everyone healthy, that'd be fact.

The team's goal is to have the best defense ever.
pimp.gif

Few things

I don't think the Rondo situation will be anything more then it is. Especially when the season starts and everything gets going, that will disappear.

Totally agree with blowing teams out and getting the older guys rest. Its important for the playoffs, but winning homecourt is huge too. Don't want to godown to Orlando or the Q more then we need to.

Getting guys rest and getting our bench guys ready for the year, is going to be interesting. Wonder how Doc will go about everything. The depth this yearcompared to last year is amazing. Just seems like we are so much better after our starting 5.

Tough break (no pun intended) with Baby. Thank goodness we got Sheed, but I already miss Leon Powe.

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

Do any of you Celtics fans go into the Laker thread? I swear everytime I see a Lakers fan in here posting I
smh.gif

Like any of us want their input in here.

I go in their thread sometimes. Just put the obnoxious/immature/dumb ones on ignore. I don't mind the other ones posting in here.

heard baby is out 6-8 weeks....it was an off-the-court injury.... pretty stupid

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

leon wont be ready till 2010 anyways so thats a mute point. Besides that, i hate tony allen
Good point. I still miss the dude though. It's going to be tough watching him gobble up offensive boards for the Cavs.

As for TA - I used to think he'd be special, but he's one of those guys that needs to be on the court for long stretches of time for him to beeffective. Dude is just not built to play spot minutes. Dude knows he's only getting 3-5 consecutive minutes of PT, so he tries to force the issue toimpress the coaches. And when he does that, he just bounces the ball of his foot.
smh.gif

Anyways, I read on realgm that WEEI was reporting that the Celts are making a last minute push to sign Rondo to an extension. Good news. However, anythingover $10 million/yr would be
tired.gif

The game tonight was just 1 out of 82, so I'm trying not to get too excited. We all know it's a long season.

But this W just confirms what I thought coming into the season: I really feel like the Celtics are the team to beat.*

*If healthy, obviously.

Even when Cleveland built that lead, I wasn't concerned.

Too many players on the C's can score.

This team will shine in April, May, and June.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

all we need is big baby,garnett,and tony allen alll at 100% and its over
forget tony allen.... i bet he regrets attempting that dunk AFTER the whistle.....

That defense is ridiculous...and our bench this year will get leads and not lose them. That is such a luxury. The legs of the stars will get saved so much withthis revamped bench.

The Truth goin to work
smile.gif

Last nights game was great, that large lead didn't phase the C's. What's interesting is this team is still working the kinks out. Imagine if theystay healthy, the rhythm they will get into will be amazing.

Went to the game last night, decent crowd for an opener, still not sure why they opened with the Bobcats though.

Watching them live, the Bobcats might be the worst team in the NBA.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

all we need is big baby,garnett,and tony allen alll at 100% and its over
forget tony allen.... i bet he regrets attempting that dunk AFTER the whistle.....

wink.gif
ur right. that was just stupid. what did he think he was gonna make Top10 Plays for ESPN..
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. tony allen sucks.
-----------

why the %#!* is rondo asking for so much money???? i dont get it...... he hasnt provin it yet. idc... yea he avg triple double and all... but i mean alot ofPG's in the nba do that too... he hustles and got d yeah.. but damn 11 mill is a reach. celts is done after sheed ray pierce and kg all leave
ohwell.gif

This team is so much better then last year. Looked really good, and Sheed is going to help a ton shooting out top.

And only 59?
pimp.gif

Rondo will be a great #2 guy for a contender...not #1. 10 mil sounds about right.

And this Celts team is motivated to be the best defensive team ever. They wanna be the 85 Bears. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of this"lowest total in team history" stuff get broken this year. (Cats lowest pts in team history last night)

nah i didnt mean other PG's can avg triple doubles.... im saying they can do his offensive skills. Devin Harris > Rondo...

but yeah celts got it this year. i have a feeling when they play magic or some other team the team is getting blown out... Celtics will go 69 - 13

I've been thinking this since the signing, but I wanted to keep it to myself for some strange reason, but it's safe to say now. I think adding Sheedwill "rejuvenate" Ray and KG a bit. Not so much because he brings energy and youth like Rondo, because I mean, he doesn't, but because it'skind of like they can look around in the 4th and say "We've got an all-star team on the court. Some of the best players from the 90's... all onone floor. How can ANYONE beat us? Not these KIDS..."

I'll agree. I expect a season full of defensive basketball.

Good start to this season

1. Beat one of the best teams in the league, on the road

2. Blew out one of the leagues worst teams

3. blew out an average middle of the road team

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom