***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Y'all peeped how mad Angela got when charlamagne said she went to school in the 70s

I don't see how someone can watch this and dislike the man

From the Camp Lo to the Saigon Greatest Story Never Told reference :nthat: He loves and is a fan of the music.

People are so used to fakeness in themselves and in others, realness scares and threatens them. I respect them, because in real life that's who I **** with. That's who I've always aimed to be.

He's never wanted to be in the box that we place rappers.

Hot/Hit songs with an underlying message has never been Wale's problem lol (Even though the last one wasn't a hit at all, wish he put it on an official album and pushed it harder and I think it woulda did well).​

Well if you think these records (minus "bad") are hits, then you are just like Wale and neither of you two get it :lol: :lol:

You said just a few hours ago that you were going to leave that alone

Temptation was just too strong, huh :rofl: :rofl:

From the interview Wale seems like a real cat...like someone I could have a conversation with, but people are threatened by confidence and intelligence when you seem to be self-aware or can't laugh at yourself. Jay-Z is a smart dude, obviously, but he hid his intelligence in rhymes about very basic **** like the drug game for a while and people, whether they ever sold drugs or not, related to that. And I'm not saying it's right, but when an artist becomes known, people want a box to put the artist in and that box is usually one they can understand on their terms.

Nas is above average intelligence, but the way he carried himself for a long time was like your average dude from the hood that had a knack for rhyming. Biggie, even said he dumbed his **** down to be more understanable/relatable. What Wale doesn't see is that the people have to champion you, you can't champion yourself. Once they do, they'll accept an artist saying that they are this or that, but not before they see you as that. If Jay would have come out and said he wanted to be who he is today on his first album, he would have never made it.

Wale is talented and smart, but he has to not tip his hand so much. Mystery is a tool an artist should use like a magician. Show them the product or the trick, but leave the message or the method up to interpretation. Let the audience try to figure it out or be amazed by how you did it.

laugh.gif

alicia keys look like she about to do a booker t spinaroonie

From the interview Wale seems like a real cat...like someone I could have a conversation with, but people are threatened by confidence and intelligence when you seem to be self-aware or can't laugh at yourself. Jay-Z is a smart dude, obviously, but he hid his intelligence in rhymes about very basic **** like the drug game for a while and people, whether they ever sold drugs or not, related to that. And I'm not saying it's right, but when an artist becomes known, people want a box to put the artist in and that box is usually one they can understand on their terms.

Nas is above average intelligence, but the way he carried himself for a long time was like your average dude from the hood that had a knack for rhyming. Biggie, even said he dumbed his **** down to be more understanable/relatable. What Wale doesn't see is that the people have to champion you, you can't champion yourself. Once they do, they'll accept an artist saying that they are this or that, but not before they see you as that. If Jay would have come out and said he wanted to be who he is today on his first album, he would have never made it.

Wale is talented and smart, but he has to not tip his hand so much. Mystery is a tool an artist should use like a magician. Show them the product or the trick, but leave the message or the method up to interpretation. Let the audience try to figure it out or be amazed by how you did it.

I swear sometimes I picture you as a diesel version of Laurence Fishburne from Higher Learning

saw a video of her from back in the day and I can't believe how much she ****** herself up. She looks like an asian version of Puff's baby moms from the juicy video

Back
Top Bottom