***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Srsly?

He doesn't hate himself, like every chance he gets he refers to SC hip hop scene and the southern hip hop scene in general BUT during the early 2000s and earlier.
He also is being realistic.  Beyoncé and Jay-Z are exceptions to the rule. EDM artists, pop artists in general make more money over the course of their career assuming they aren't one hit wonders.  It's also simple economics, if you sell your product to the majority of people you get a higher revenue stream. Nothing self hating about that. 

Dog, what are you even saying?

None of that has anything to do with him pandering to white artists and talking down on black ones. :lol:

I've heard him praise white folks over black folks in general more times than I can remember, if you don't see it you don't see it.

I understand the economics of music fam, thanks though.

Dog, what are you even saying?

None of that has anything to do with him pandering to white artists and talking down on black ones. :lol:

I've heard him praise white folks over black folks in general more times than I can remember, if you don't see it you don't see it.

I understand the economics of music fam, thanks though.

Charlamagne trolls

Like how he blames the people around Justin Bieber.

Just listening to that Katie Perry clip, I was thinking this is the white goddess he worships?

I think he's remixed Star and took out some of the mean spiritedness

They did mention her a lil bit.

The part that I liked the most is when they talk about hip hop djs vs edm djs and it really made sense and hit my heart.

Hip hop these days is all about the appearance, ego, ishin in people etc.  EDM since the jump has been about accepting people and doing what you want to make you happy.

There's too much frontin in hip hop these days that people can't even be comfortable.  Part of the reason I gravitated to house to be honest..besides the dope beats the culture is vastly different.

It didn't matter that I was a 13 year old kid, on the dnb forums they were welcoming..on hip hop forums (which i did for like a month tops) people kept trying to son me because I was "young."

Outside the internet, every black person except for one (now one of my best friends) used to clown me for listening to "that gay ish/that white boy ish" (Historical note: house music which spawned edm and is a descendent of disco was founded by black djs in chicago, techno a similar but unrelated and simultaneously occuring genre was founded by black djs in detroit).

So for me what they both was saying makes sense. Hip hop aint about the feeling any more, its about the image.
 Hiphop was dance music before rappers came thru and changed it.

Hiphop originated as the DJ being the most important thing.  DJ's used to play break beats and people would come and dance to that all night.  Think about that for a minute. Essentially people come to see the DJ play EDM and dance where in hiphop people came to see the DJ spin break beats and dance.   All this happened before rappers were brought into the picture.

Last edited:
Remember seeing a article about Kelis going to culinary school. I am going to have to make some jerk ribs......maybe for the playoffs.

smh

kelis ol' tired a5s.

NaS next album better be dope. if not, she is in my eyes the official point of blame for his musical downfall these past couple of years.

say whatcha want but LIG was on the weak side imo...

Last edited:
Watch for 2 mins and turned it off immediately. She'll never any respect from me after what she did to nas.

Corny chick man, her explanation of divorce and how it's supposed to be is wack. Smfh I wish nas never messed with that chick.

I would absolutely hate to hand over 50k to her monthly . Screen your chick's before you wife them!

Last edited:
Does Katie Perry normally sound like that? She seemed spaced out, like she was on something.

RZA sounded like a con man. I'd be interested in hearing his beats though.

$25,00 for a RZA verse, someone got got
laugh.gif
I LOL when I heard that....

They did mention her a lil bit.

The part that I liked the most is when they talk about hip hop djs vs edm djs and it really made sense and hit my heart.

Hip hop these days is all about the appearance, ego, ishin in people etc.  EDM since the jump has been about accepting people and doing what you want to make you happy.

There's too much frontin in hip hop these days that people can't even be comfortable.  Part of the reason I gravitated to house to be honest..besides the dope beats the culture is vastly different.

It didn't matter that I was a 13 year old kid, on the dnb forums they were welcoming..on hip hop forums (which i did for like a month tops) people kept trying to son me because I was "young."

Outside the internet, every black person except for one (now one of my best friends) used to clown me for listening to "that gay ish/that white boy ish" (Historical note: house music which spawned edm and is a descendent of disco was founded by black djs in chicago, techno a similar but unrelated and simultaneously occuring genre was founded by black djs in detroit).

So for me what they both was saying makes sense. Hip hop aint about the feeling any more, its about the image.
 Hiphop was dance music before rappers came thru and changed it.

Hiphop originated as the DJ being the most important thing.  DJ's used to play break beats and people would come and dance to that all night.  Think about that for a minute. Essentially people come to see the DJ play EDM and dance where in hiphop people came to see the DJ spin break beats and dance.   All this happened before rappers were brought into the picture.
yep.....people don't know hip hop history lol 

anyone else get the feeling that Boosie and Webbie's relationship seems not on the best of terms right now from that response?

Corny chick man, her explanation of divorce and how it's supposed to be is wack. Smfh I wish nas never messed with that chick.

I would absolutely hate to hand over 50k to her monthly . Screen your chick's before you wife them!

Hurts my soul thinking about it.

I woulda had a hitman take care of that..

Back
Top Bottom