***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Man nobody watched that **** more than once. I seen it and can't remember 1 part. This christmas, almost Christmas, that Christmas, was christmas... same **** different cast. She out her mind if she don't understand why she not gonna make what the joke thief makes. I bet if haddish came thru and asked to get a Amy check they would back up the brink truck. She just not hot right now, period . Keep referencing **** from 02 or 10 years ago, outside of being 1 of many people in a Xmas movie what has she done? She look stupid as hell. She really ain't been relevant since she lost weight, it killed her whole schtick.

Im not saying you cant, but in public interviews I can't recall one good instance where someone having a dialogue with someone else while boasting about yourself to that point has ever come across in a positive light. Especially when your trying to lead people in a boycott or in other things.

If you cant see it , i don't know what to tell ya
No I see what ur saying
I’m just saying
U should be able to say it
If u are a legend

The key phrase that Envy mentioned was "drawing power". Mo'Nique just simply doesn't have the drawing power that Dave, Chris and Amy do. The conversation should end there. Its really that simple.

Exactly. Her and her husband tried to spin it everywhere except here. People ain’t watching a Monique comedy special like that in 2018, she can’t pull close to what a Chris Rock or Chappelle could. And Envy actually had a great analogy with the Big Daddy Kane/Jay-Z/Uzi Vert selling out Madison Square Garden thing, but she wasn’t trying to hear it.

At the end of the day they definitely gave her a lowball offer because they thought they could, and because she felt the offer was disrespectful based on her history as opposed to what she’s doing recently, she didn’t even bother counteroffering and went straight into the boycott. And then made the big mistake of comparing herself to comics that have recently sold out stadium tours in multiple cities, which is where she really lost everyone.

Should she have got more than 500k? Yeah that’s reasonable. But should she have got the 17 mil or whatever Chappelle got? Hell no. She went about things the wrong way.

:lol::lol:

Screenshot_20180224-120610.jpg

Interestingly, she did not come off as a comedian during the interview. I know she wasn't in that comedic state of mind since she was after CTG the whole time, but still...I guess this whole Netflix has brought out the bitterness in her. Not a good look.

The Parkers was a GOOD show. It gave the vantage point of a young mother, going to college at the same time as her teenage daughter.

That show was good, IDGAF what “acclaim” f___ acclaim. If it’s not critically acclaimed, to me it implies that it’s not relatable to that “audience”. Which is cool with me!

The Parkers was a GOOD show. It gave the vantage point of a young mother, going to college at the same time as her teenage daughter.

That show was good, IDGAF what “acclaim” f___ acclaim. If it’s not critically acclaimed, to me it implies that it’s not relatable to that “audience”. Which is cool with me!
Tell’em

Of course Monique don't deserve the same money as Chris Rock or Dave but she deserves way more than 500k. It's just weird to me how other black people are the ones going HARD on Monique. We know damn well people are not gonna boycott Netflix anyway so why are people on this bash Monique thing? You don't work for Netflix, this doesn't effect you.

Unless she's done something real foul I'm not gonna **** on another black person speaking out about their work environment.

For me it's her approach. It turned me all the way off.
I fully understand, support, and empathize with her cause, but I can't ignore the facts.
Charlemagne brought up logical, valid points that she completely ignored.

To compare black men who disagree with her to a slave leading his wife to get raped by their master. FOH. She's been calling black men and women out for some years but when they do it to her it's a problem. Naw.. she's doing too much.
Instead of going straight to boycotting, she should have counter offered.
If Tiffany Haddish wanted a Netflix special, I guarantee they giving her a BAG.

people say they didnt like colin kaep approach
to him demonstrating for the unjust killing of blacks
people say they didnt like rosa parks approach
to not getting up out her seat
folks say they didnt like a bunch of ways
people protest
or go against the grain
aint our way to judge how its presented
i think
its better to judge the actual message behind it

people keep bringing up tiffany haddish
and while i would probably watch her special
since where did all this hype for her come from
she was funny in girls trip
but it was just the typical loud mouth ghetto black girl stereotype
that she played
other than that
cant say ive seen her in anything else
what makes her deserve the bag
more than monique
and im not saying she doesn't
i just wish we would stand with each other
than argue and ridicule each other
in front of each other

I fully understand, support, and empathize with her cause, but I can't ignore the facts.
Charlemagne brought up logical, valid points that she completely ignored.

To compare black men who disagree with her to a slave leading his wife to get raped by their master. FOH. She's been calling black men and women out for some years but when they do it to her it's a problem. Naw.. she's doing too much.
Instead of going straight to boycotting, she should have counter offered.
If Tiffany Haddish wanted a Netflix special, I guarantee they giving her a BAG.
I get that but still people are acting like she did something so foul. I disagree with some of her points but it ain't that serious to me. To me the big picture is her speaking up when a lot of black people will get mistreated at their jobs and just be quiet. A lot times at jobs if you're not kissing white people's *** or if you speak up about some disrespect you're the bad guy. That's what Monique's relationship with Hollywood sounds like to me.

If it was anybody else she said that Birth Of A Nation comment about I would say she went overboard but CTG been c**ning for a while. He goes harder at Amara Le Negra and Monique than he did at the racist bird Tomi Lauren.

I get that but still people are acting like she did something so foul. I disagree with some of her points but it ain't that serious to me. To me the big picture is her speaking up when a lot of black people will get mistreated at their jobs and just be quiet. A lot times at jobs if you're not kissing white people's *** or if you speak up about some disrespect you're the bad guy. That's what Monique's relationship with Hollywood sounds like to me.

If it was anybody else she said that Birth Of A Nation comment about I would say she went overboard but CTG been c**ning for a while. He goes harder at Amara Le Negra and Monique than he did at the racist bird Tomi Lauren.

Yup, you ALWAYS need those people in life who will speak up, and take up for people who get treated badly. People who get bullied, etc. whether it be at work, school, public setting, etc.

people say they didnt like colin kaep approach
to him demonstrating for the unjust killing of blacks
people say they didnt like rosa parks approach
to not getting up out her seat
folks say they didnt like a bunch of ways
people protest
or go against the grain
aint our way to judge how its presented
i think
its better to judge the actual message behind it

Naw man. We cannot compare Colin and Rosa to Monique.
I don't mind her protesting at all. That's her prerogative.
It's her condescending tone that she uses with any & everyone that disagrees with her even when the points are valid.
Netflix has given multiple black women and men multi-million dollar deals. This is an individual issue.
Monique is not a draw. She hasn't sold 1/3 of the tickets the people she's comparing herself to.
She's never came close to selling out MSG. She's on the same circuit as Lil Duval performing at Improv clubs.
This is a business. For her to not counter offer is crazy to me & for her to ask for a multi-million dollar deal is even more ridiculous.

& while I agree with the sentiment of us supporting one another & not publicly going at it, Monique has to look in the mirror.
She can tell Oprah, Will Packer, & Tyler Perry to suck her **** on stage, yet she can't take being named Donkey of the Day.
I'd never say this publicly but I can't stand behind it.
& I damn sure can't stand behind a 50 year old woman publicly calling her husband/manager Daddy.
Now Viola Davis is someone that I could fully support & if she wanted to go after Hollywood I'm sure more people would be on board.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom