***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Surprised it took 50 this long to say something about what Troy said lol

Screenshot_20180223-104806.jpg

lol that's troy ave hero

This interview really bothered me. Monique and her husband/manager are talking in circles. To CTG's credit he didn't back down from his initial statements. I applaud him for that. Because no one has had the balls to stand up to Monique. Her and her condescending tone can go cry that **** somewhere else.

The way they are arguing, is very similar to the constant musicquality vs numbers argument. numbers are what matter, not your content.

No point really got made, and ya charlagmane maybe a clown but to call him a ****old black man pimpin his sisters to the white man, makes me think Monique doing too much for a situation that is not racially motivated

She called Charlemagne a ****!??

I'm shocked how offended she is and people are over Donkey of the Day. Are people that into it, I wouldn't give a ****. Donkey of the Day isn't that funny and usually it's whatever twitter and IG are talking about and the jokes are way better on there.

Monique look weak, her wearing these old woman glasses are funny. Like she trying to play an old innocent victim. Her husband being on the phone also looks bad, doesn't seem necessary. She doing too much.

Queens of Comedy Tour was that big? I don't remember anyone talking about that. I remember it was all about Kings of Comedy.

Hahahahahahaha, yeah it sounded weird. Like she was his property. Bringing him on was a mistake, it seemed more like a scam. Should have just been her popping up and talking ****.

I personally dont care about Monique doing a standup, she hasnt been funny in a long time. LETS be real she did not make Almost Xmas funny, the film really didnt need her.

Stop complaining about what someone won't give and go create your own. Dame Dash would've been hilarious to have sitting their listening and chiming into this interview.

Monique has no ground to stand on for this, she didnt like the 500k take your business elsewhere not that difficult. I still dont get the legend talk.

Funny how her agent/ husband continues to have her refer to herself as a legend, news flash it aint a good look. Lebron said that a few years back and while you could argue it was true, it wasnt something he needed to say.

Monique was also out of pocket for the last clip

Funny how her agent/ husband continues to have her refer to herself as a legend, news flash it aint a good look. Lebron said that a few years back and while you could argue it was true, it wasnt something he needed to say.
i don't get this
so other people can refer to u as one
but u cant refer to urself as one

All I know is that **** wasn't a good interview at all. They both look crazy. Comparing CTG to the man that walked his wife into the slave owner's room is crazy, I don't get that comparison at all. Because he doesn't think you're as big as Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle?

She should have went about this differently, she looking real bad.

Monique looked nice though, she looked healthy. That's dope to see. At one point she was real big and sloppy.

It's a good interview, but in my opinion, while it's necessary, it's almost a losing battle at times.

My biggest problem was her comparing brothers like Will Packard to Harvey Weinstein. As if her situation is at all comparable to those women who were sexually assaulted.

i don't get this
so other people can refer to u as one
but u cant refer to urself as one

Im not saying you cant, but in public interviews I can't recall one good instance where someone having a dialogue with someone else while boasting about yourself to that point has ever come across in a positive light. Especially when your trying to lead people in a boycott or in other things.

If you cant see it , i don't know what to tell ya

Monique lost her mind.

The Harvey weinstein comparison.

The black slave analogy

Using her role in precious as a mark for a comedy special while comparing her long past achievements to other people's recent ones

Having your husband on the line to try to articulate what little point you had

Conflating current issues with her personal ones to magnify the situation

Calling CTG Lenard excessively.

She didn't help herself at all Imo.

She came off so arrogant without anything solid to back up her points. Kept moving the goalposts after an opposing point was made also. I don't even remember that xmas movie let alone it being a "hit". At this point and time, Amy Schumer is the bigger star regardless of people's opinions on her work. Folks have been thirsting for new Chapelle content and Chris Rock is cemented with people from all backgrounds. Hell, she wasn't even the star of Precious.

Does anyone think they rehearse these interviews? The way Monique was saying "Daddy" and "Baby" seemed to be very strategic. Even to the way Monique was dressed.

The Charlemagne/Monique parallel stood out the most, as Monique wanted the same respect that he would give to his own immediate family, but he's maybe not understanding her influence or impact for him to carve a niche into comedy. Which could explain the gender bias as I'm sure Monique and a multitude of black women comedians would like to be given the same opportunities of building a brand like Charlamagne(and other black male comedians) have to where you might not have rely on anyone else(monetary wise) to survive.

Not sure where Envy or Yee come into play, but felt it's a reason to why it's set up the way it is, for better or worse.

Her glasses were definitely part of a plan, I couldn't stop laughing at them.

And yeah, that Christmas movie wasn't a HIT. It did what most christmas movies do around christmas time. **** was a Best Man Holiday knockoff.

Back
Top Bottom