***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

No I didn't watch the interview but I also seen a clip of him saying he makes ****** that beef with him "disappear".

Why dudes always wanna be R&B thugs? You an artist not a street *****.

Everybody, can be ANYTHING these days man. Sht crazy.

Dudes get some fronts, grow a beard, get some tats....and becomes thugs overnight :lol:.

You were at least from it back in the day....now, the suburban, overnight, part time thugs have a lane. They pay their way to be around, so the hood dudes let it rock, and want to be around some stardom. Sht is weird. Like THIS was you :lol:

View media item 2144122
View media item 2144123

Wooow :lol:

He went from Ne-Yo to Philly goon look.

Canada high key does have a lot of juice in the music industry right now.

A lot of the biggest acts especially in Hip Hop/Pop are Canadian.

Years ago, who woulda thought?

"I'm that ***** is what I'm saying
Getting things done around here
How y'all let me run it down here?
I'm not even from around here"

:smh:

Those pics plus the facts is why I can't believe Lanez in his interviews. Talking Toronto aint sweet yet its the 8th safest city in the world.

"We don't believe you, you need more people"

There's hoods everywhere, I'm not going to say Toronto doesn't have some real areas.

Yup.

But Lanez a clown either way :lol:. I thought we were passed having to be from the hood, to be a good artist. Dudes out here fabricating their neighborhoods and upbringings to look like triumph stories.

Making it in this industry in itself is a triumph story. I just take it as people aren't that creative. Tory Lanez doesn't really have his own content or sound, so he'll fall back on the same tired tropes...or just bite every sound that's out.

Last edited:
Everything is relative. There are hoods in Toronto.

Just because it's not Compton don't mean you can't get got.

They even have their own trap scene up there

It is funny seeing ****** call themselves Halal Gang tho 
laugh.gif

Yup.

But Lanez a clown either way :lol:. I thought we were passed having to be from the hood, to be a good artist. Dudes out here fabricating their neighborhoods and upbringings to look like triumph stories.

Making it in this industry in itself is a triumph story. I just take it as people aren't that creative. Tory Lanez doesn't really have his own content or sound, so he'll fall back on the same tired tropes...or just bite every sound that's out.

Definitely g, that's the thing I don't get.

You don't have to have a rep in the streets or have put in work, just be a great artist.

The people want dope music, nobody cares if you were trapping or pulling kick doors unless that's the fu extent of your content.

Notice that a lot of ****** that's really from that life don't ever say the type of outlandish **** like threatening murder in interviews.

That's because if you really from that, you know that's not how ****** really move.

Last edited:
I think fans can accept that their favs are frauds since so many wish they were somebody else to begin with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bout to get a threaded beard, start using all my Jamaican slang, move to Toronto and start my career b.

Real gully side ting, mandem affi know mi a true shotta.
:lol: Crazy thing is you just might make it, throw a face tat in there n u good money

N yea once again Canada soft , can't trust anybody talking some real tough **** coming outta there

Unless it's edited different from how it was said than I don't see how it ain't.

No I didn't watch the interview but I also seen a clip of him saying he makes ****** that beef with him "disappear".

Why dudes always wanna be R&B thugs? You an artist not a street *****.

I mean apparently he was homeless and got it in.

Singing and being from a certain place don't mean anything when it comes to who's gully.

Although it was corny for him to imply he's gonna be involved with anyone disappearing now that he's a multimillionaire recording artist.

Last edited:
I don't care if he the most thugged out dude on Earth, all that tough talk be interfereing with his songs.

I don't want to hear R&B and then a skit about robbing some girl's man. Comes off as try hard.

But like, if everything that he's saying on his album is autobiographical, then who's to say Lanez faking it? Maybe He really was on that street **** growing up 
laugh.gif

And I feel like Lanez sounds like other artist, but every new R&B act sounds like each other to an extent. If you're listen to the album with the precursor that this artist is going to sound like Artist A, then that's what you'll find. Truth be told, all these guys are derivatives of the Drake and 40 Aesthetic, but I don't have a problem with it. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. Personally, someone sounding like someone else never drove me away from someone's music. Every artist that breaks is going to sound like some established artist if you search hard enough.

So he got the name Torey from the "Notorous BIG" and Lanez bc he like to play chicken with moving cars? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom