OFFICIAL BROKE to BALLIN thread --- Let's Get It! (motivation for young hustlers) UPDATED 3/15/10

I'm all in....

Kickfiends what u think is a good amount to jump in the stocks with

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I want everyone in here to hit 6 figs, nothing less, hopefully, 1 or 2 millionaires by the end of this year too.

Damn man you are asking for too much
laugh.gif

But ill play, i dont have a job but do have a current side hustle, so my goal is to reach a G before Christmas 
pimp.gif

And if i get a job then 5 G's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

listen i see what your saying, but in now way did i say im making major moves on a large scale. Again, yes $4k+ isnt that much to alot of people but to ME that is a good amount.

The return of 900+% sounds crazy I know but PRs coming up along with financials could push it past that point. Im not in multiple pennies and I have learned first hand about the illiquidity some stocks have. Look up KATX and the run it had Nov last year, the stock im in is very similar to that. But ya wouldnt you say trading off fundamentals is the way to go for sub penny stocks? I was under the impression that charts were really a wash for these kind of stocks.

And like you said, I recognize the ability to make more money by plugging it back in. 10% on 5K is alot more than 10% on 500, but you already know that. I gotta get my acct up to day trading status somehow, and this is the only way for the time being. Im hoping to get into that Big boy trdaing thread here at NT but I aint there yet lol

When I quoted you earlier, I was only trying to pass on some knowledge. Your post made it seem like you were expecting to come up off a $450 dollar investment and I responded to that. People tend to think stocks are a get rich quick thing but it's a grind like any other hustle (if not harder). As long as you realize that, you'll be fine. There's a statistic you may have come across that goes "99% of traders lose money". I like to think that statistic (if true) is so high because many "traders" lose money and give up. The people who really make money are the ones that learn from their mistakes and strive to get better. I know a trader who blew up his account twice before he got consistently profitable. Both times, he lost $20-40 grand. However, he was determined to make it and now he puts up numbers I'd kill to have. You never stop learning or getting better.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

I'm all in....

Kickfiends what u think is a good amount to jump in the stocks with

The more, the better. I would suggest you paper trade (using a brokerage's software to trade fake money) for a while and determine what works best for you. You can get a paper trading account with Thinkorswim (the brokerage I use) for free. You won't make any money trading paper money but you won't lose any.

As for the minimum, I wouldn't start trading with less that $3-5,000.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I want everyone in here to hit 6 figs, nothing less, hopefully, 1 or 2 millionaires by the end of this year too.

Phuk man you are asking for too much
laugh.gif

But ill play, i dont have a job but do have a current side hustle, so my goal is to reach a G before Christmas 
pimp.gif

And if i get a job then 5 G's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if you're really hustling you should be able to make a G in a month on accident. aim higher dude. The world is yours!!!

I like the way this thread's going.
One of the threads on here that's actually good for something
laugh.gif

I'll participate. I gotta get to thinking and come up
with some ideas though...

Best advice I can give is:

Do it ALL legal.
Be patient.
Dont be afraid to take a loss, youll make it back.
Never screw anyone over, dont burn any bridges.
Take care of your loved ones, your bills and your household.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Best advice I can give is:

Do it ALL legal.
Be patient.
Dont be afraid to take a loss, youll make it back.
Never screw anyone over, dont burn any bridges.
Take care of your loved ones, your bills and your household.
Agree with all that. Especially not being scared of losing a little money. Scared money dont make money.

I might get into this too. A tip for y'all Twitter users. Companies are willing to pay a lot for teaching them to use Twitter.

Noskey.. what you about to open up?... im thinking of opening up something in the next couple years when my money gets right

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Noskey.. what you about to open up?... im thinking of opening up something in the next couple years when my money gets right

I'll PM you. It's nothing glamorous though
laugh.gif

I've got an ID for a website, sort of like a Fmylife.com site.

Need someone who knows how to create a website, and we can get something popping. I think it has potential.

Someone want to partner? 60/40 you're way?

Man I'm in college right now....I have so many ideas but I'm in the ultimate paradox cause I have no money to materialize it all. That being said I'm in
pimp.gif

got a summer hire job lined up for June so thats good....

as far as side hustles....I hear of people from NYC driving to FL picking up cartons of cigs and flippin em to dodge that tobacco tax...just throwin that out there.

eventually I wanna own a studio/brand/retail spot

Originally Posted by awwsome

pimp.gif

This type of *#%* is what NT should be about, too much ignorant and corny *#%* excels here when we all could be enterprising.
Let's get these mills g.

Indeed.

Great thread OP

Hustlers, let's keep this arguing down to a minimum.

Matter of fact, let's eliminate it all together. If someone has a different approach and you don't agree with it, let them learn from their mistakes or earn from their innovation.

Thanks.

Okay let me start it off.
I'm a college student working retail (Target) & I'm trying to buy a car by May along with having over $6k by the end of the year for now...if I can make more (hopefully I can, maybe I won't) that would be good.

I have $1,908.06 in the checking account as of today March 8, 2010

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

I'm a college student working retail (Target) & I'm trying to buy a car by May along with having over $6k by the end of the year for now...if I can make more (hopefully I can, maybe I won't) that would be good.

Why do you keep that much money in your checking, get a Money Market or open an Online Savings account and get some interest on that, thats a large sum of dead money that could be getting interest--yeah I know no more than probably $3 a month but still. Unless that money is kept in your account for bills and etc.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Why do you keep that much money in your checking, get a Money Market or open an Online Savings account and get some interest on that, thats a large sum of dead money that could be getting interest--yeah I know no more than probably $3 a month but still. Unless that money is kept in your account for bills and etc.
Well my only expenses right now is the credit card ($300 due but paying it off little by little to build this small amount of credit) & $30 to pay for the data plan part of my cell phone bill. As for most of this money, it's going to go towards my car, What I really want to do after my car is build up around $2000 more and open a Roth IRA account so I could gain interest over the year and continue to put $2-3k or more into it each year.

Back
Top Bottom