Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

It is better

anyway, this thing is a beast.

[h1]Keep your factory stereo and transform your sound[/h1]
Is your car's "premium factory sound system" pumping out less-than-premium sound? The JBL MS-8 System Integration Digital Processor is a powerful tool for improving the sound in your vehicle, especially if you want to keep your factory stereo or enhance a premium factory system with multiple sets of speakers.

x109MS8-o_V02.jpeg

x109MS8-t_dash.jpeg

You can use the MS-8 to improve the sound while keeping your dash pristine.
[h2]What is it for?[/h2]
Imagine hearing every note of your favorite music as if you were sitting inside a concert hall. The MS-8 transforms your car stereo setup into an exquisitely balanced, full-bodied audio system, perfectly tuned for every seat in your car. And it's not just for improving your factory stereo's sound — it'll make an aftermarket system sound better, too.

[h2]Set it up, let it do its thing[/h2]
x109MS8-o_all.jpeg

JBL takes the guesswork out of system calibration. Using a clever headset microphone that takes your ear positions into account, the MS-8 equalizes and time-corrects your audio output automatically so the sound from all speakers reaches your ears at the same time. You'll hear the entire spectrum of your music evenly, with no annoying peaks or dead spots in frequency response.

x109MS8-t_lcd.jpeg

The included LCD display puts system adjustments at your fingertips.
[h2]Powerful equalizer[/h2]
Once your system's calibrated, the MS-8 features a 31-band equalizer for tweakers who appreciate manual control over the overall tone of the music. You can store up to five favorite EQ curves to optimize the sound for different sources or styles of music. Mount the included LCD display in a convenient place so you can keep your eye on your settings.

x109MS8-o_mt1.jpeg
h109MS8-t_logic7.jpeg
[h2]Build your system[/h2]
The MS-8 can drive up to eight speakers with its built-in amp, and it uses advanced Logic 7 circuitry to transform your 2-channel stereo into a realistic 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound experience for home theater sound on the road. You'll also find 8 preamp outputs to accommodate just about any amplified system imaginable. An auxiliary input lets you plug in your portable music player while cruising.

x109MS8-t_highlights.jpeg

I'm looking for a new head unit. Just got a new car and doesn't have the capabilities to plug in my ipod. I would preferably like to control the ipod manually as oppose to using it off the unit itself. Not looking to spend more than 250-300 but anything cheaper will most definitely do. Any recommendations? I'm looking at Pioneer but I'm not too savy with audio.

^thanks homie I look into it. Now what about front speakers? Anything for 100 or less or am I pushin it?
laugh.gif
I'm not tryna get no crazy sound, just something that has some clearer and more bass than stock for just trips to school/work. I don't plan on getting a sub, well for now anyways.

monday, i need your help one last time bruh

whats your take on capacitors? my @%%%+ whose family owns a car audio distributor hooked me up with a rockford fosgate non digital 1 farad for
50 bucks. i did some googling after buyin it and most audio the reviews im reading say that caps arent worth it.

should i
return and cop another cap like this brand-x
switch out for a new but opened box bolt 1 farad cap and save 25 bucks
return and cop a battery
or just keep it.

thanks again for everything 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the dcons just arrived yesterday and for the price i doubt you could find anything better

Spoiler [+]
ya i know im an "economically wise" person
laugh.gif

pioneer 4200 screen - 330
dcon 10" - 115x2
mbquart amp - 115
kappa 6.5 - 65x2
rockford fosgate 1 farad - 50
hid front lights - 30
0 gauge amp kit - 20

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

It is better

Is your car's "premium factory sound system" pumping out less-than-premium sound? The JBL MS-8 System Integration Digital Processor is a powerful tool for improving the sound in your vehicle, especially if you want to keep your factory stereo or enhance a premium factory system with multiple sets of speakers.

x109MS8-o_V02.jpeg

x109MS8-t_dash.jpeg

[h2]What is it for?[/h2]
Imagine hearing every note of your favorite music as if you were sitting inside a concert hall. The MS-8 transforms your car stereo setup into an exquisitely balanced, full-bodied audio system, perfectly tuned for every seat in your car. And it's not just for improving your factory stereo's sound — it'll make an aftermarket system sound better, too.

x109MS8-o_all.jpeg

JBL takes the guesswork out of system calibration. Using a clever headset microphone that takes your ear positions into account, the MS-8 equalizes and time-corrects your audio output automatically so the sound from all speakers reaches your ears at the same time. You'll hear the entire spectrum of your music evenly, with no annoying peaks or dead spots in frequency response.

x109MS8-t_lcd.jpeg

Once your system's calibrated, the MS-8 features a 31-band equalizer for tweakers who appreciate manual control over the overall tone of the music. You can store up to five favorite EQ curves to optimize the sound for different sources or styles of music. Mount the included LCD display in a convenient place so you can keep your eye on your settings.

x109MS8-o_mt1.jpeg
h109MS8-t_logic7.jpeg
The MS-8 can drive up to eight speakers with its built-in amp, and it uses advanced Logic 7 circuitry to transform your 2-channel stereo into a realistic 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound experience for home theater sound on the road. You'll also find 8 preamp outputs to accommodate just about any amplified system imaginable. An auxiliary input lets you plug in your portable music player while cruising.

Would love something like this. really aint tryna touch anything on my dash.

lets see what happens in vegas...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

monday, i need your help one last time bruh

whats your take on capacitors? my @%%%+ whose family owns a car audio distributor hooked me up with a rockford fosgate non digital 1 farad for
50 bucks. i did some googling after buyin it and most audio the reviews im reading say that caps arent worth it.

should i
return and cop another cap like this brand-x
switch out for a new but opened box bolt 1 farad cap and save 25 bucks
return and cop a battery
or just keep it.

thanks again for everything 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the dcons just arrived yesterday and for the price i doubt you could find anything better

Spoiler [+]
ya i know im an "economically wise" person
laugh.gif

pioneer 4200 screen - 330
dcon 10" - 115x2
mbquart amp - 115
kappa 6.5 - 65x2
rockford fosgate 1 farad - 50
hid front lights - 30
0 gauge amp kit - 20
Caps are useless

do the big 3(u can find the video on youtube)
and cop a battery from kinetik or xs power when your budget allows for it

got a box for the dcons yet? don't buy some bs prefab box online.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

It is better

x109MS8-o_V02.jpeg

x109MS8-t_dash.jpeg

[h2]What is it for?[/h2]

x109MS8-o_all.jpeg

x109MS8-t_lcd.jpeg

x109MS8-o_mt1.jpeg
h109MS8-t_logic7.jpeg

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Finished up with nter lebrady23

He'll be going with

Eclipse CD7000
ID comps
MB quart dsc 450
12" incriminator audio lethal injection in 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz
Elemental Designs nine.1
Scrapped this setup for something else

Eclipse CD7000
Eclipse SC8365 3 way comps
MB Quart ONX 4.125 500 x 2 for the comps
Sundown sa-15
MB Quart dsc2150 for sub 600 x 1 bridged

Caps are useless

[martin] DAMNNN DAMNN DAMNN [/martin]

i already got everything installed already.  payed 50 for the install of the subs, useless cap, and cheap $20 dual ported box.  nd im still running my stock passat indoor speakers
laugh.gif

speakin of indoors, i got 2 sets of kappas but im pretty sure im gonna return them back (most likely with the cap) and jump on some components.  whats your take on bravox?

ill swap the entire thing out as soon as my money grows a little bit.  i plan on gettin 2 12" icons in a khaotik box, that enclosure is a BEAST!

monday you anywhere near houston?  if you ever come down here, get at me.  i gotta at least smoke a brotha out for all the help.

What's the best head unit?

Budget: best bang for the buck

Misc: preferably no moving parts (motorized) because they break more; easy to connect an iPhone/iPod

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

florida is just too %#@&#@^ hot
grin.gif

I just google pioneer whine since the headunit and speaker are that, and I might have to reroute the RCAs some how
30t6p3b.gif

or it could be the JDM walmart cables
embarassed.gif

edit:

Im going to try this before replacing anything

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...have-conquered-pioneers-alternator-whine.html
Walmart cables might be the problem, they sell a noise supressor there as well, that may work. I got my wiring from knukonceptz.com

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Caps are useless

[martin] DAMNNN DAMNN DAMNN [/martin]

i already got everything installed already.  payed 50 for the install of the subs, useless cap, and cheap $20 dual ported box.  nd im still running my stock passat indoor speakers
laugh.gif

speakin of indoors, i got 2 sets of kappas but im pretty sure im gonna return them back (most likely with the cap) and jump on some components.  whats your take on bravox?

ill swap the entire thing out as soon as my money grows a little bit.  i plan on gettin 2 12" icons in a khaotik box, that enclosure is a BEAST!

monday you anywhere near houston?  if you ever come down here, get at me.  i gotta at least smoke a brotha out for all the help.

You movin' a lil too fast homie
laugh.gif

Here's what you do..in this order

Return the kappa's and the cap
Do the big 3. There's a couple videos on youtube on how to do it. here's a tut http://www.passatworld.co.../showthread.php?t=209218
Get the wiring for the big 3 from here www.knukonceptz.com/  There you can pick up the power wire, fuse holder, and the fuses. \
Purchase some edead sound deadening. You can get 60sq of edead 45 on amazon for 60 bucks. That's enough for the doors, rear deck, and majority of the trunk area.
Purchase these components http://woofersetc.com/p69...onent-Speaker-System.htm
Purchase this 2 channel amp for the components http://cgi.ebay.com/US-Ac...&hash=item2a083451f9

Once you get all this done, we'll get a new box for the dcons.
After that, a new xspower batt for under the hood.

In the mean time, read up on how to set the gain and crossover. 90% of shops do the %#%+ wrong.
http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=35875

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...orial-gain-setting-amplifier-power-usage.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/69099-setting-gain-properly.html

Back
Top Bottom