Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Monday, just curious to see what you're running in your system?

No setup since i still don't have a project yet
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But, next setup will probably be a single 10 or 12 and some pro audio drivers.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

florida is just too %#@&#@^ hot
grin.gif

I just google pioneer whine since the headunit and speaker are that, and I might have to reroute the RCAs some how
30t6p3b.gif

or it could be the JDM walmart cables
embarassed.gif

edit:

Im going to try this before replacing anything

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...have-conquered-pioneers-alternator-whine.html

Take all that %@#% out and rewire it with quality cable.

Spending 20 bucks here and there on cheap wire and cables is useless and you're wasting money.

Get your speaker cable from monoprice.
Get all power, ground, rca, fuses, and the rest from www.knukonceptz.com/ 

Some hot deals.

Kenwood KAC-9104D 1 ohm capable - $170
http://www.amazon.com/exe...D6/ref=nosim/diymacom-20

* mono subwoofer amplifier
* 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (900 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
* 1-ohm stable (output regulated to 900 watts)
* CEA-2006 compliant
* variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
* bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz )
* subsonic filter (15/25 Hz, 18 dB/octave )
* Class D design
* speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
* preamp-level inputs and outputs
* fuse rating: 30A x 2
* 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
* 13-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-5/16"D
* warranty: 1 year

Peerless 10 XXLS $98.00
http://www.parts-express....l.cfm?Partnumber=299-238

[h1]Focal Polyglass 165 VR 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker Kit[/h1]Retail is $579 but get it now for $269.99 with free super saver shipping

http://www.amazon.com/exe...PW/ref=nosim/diymacom-20

any recommendations for shallow component speakers (preferably < $200)? dont wanna go through the process of getting spacers.

edit: 6.5" btw

You're suppose to place them on a spacer regardless.

They're never suppose to be put on bare metal.

Don't know of any good shallow mids, though.

I need someone to PM about info about getting a system for a 2009 honda accord with navi. I want some beat but I do not want to get a new head unit. The car already comes with a sub but its weak. Please help. I got some money to burn.

the prices in knukonceptz are actually decent

might cop this one
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KRY4.4M
Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Monday, just curious to see what you're running in your system?

No setup since i still don't have a project yet
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But, next setup will probably be a single 10 or 12 and some pro audio drivers.

werent you looking for a e30, theyre pretty expensive upnorth because I know someone in NYC whos still looking for one without rust

I was about to pull the trigger on this one thats for $2500 and really clean, but too old for me

pimp.gif
@ #8

Just so y'all fools know i don't recommend crap
laugh.gif

1. Hertz MLK 165
87 pts.

For the performance you get, the MSRP of $999 is a bargain! The speakers offer great off-axis response, superb linearity and incredible bass. And most importantly, they produce overall accurate sound, as you might expect. Put it all together in a well designed package with superior crossovers and you have one of the best, if not the best, speaker set of recent history.

2. Morel Supremo 6
86 pts.

The Supremo Piccolo tweeters are so extraordinary we reviewed them individually some years ago. Combine that with excellent drivers and exemplary crossovers and you have a product that strives for the level of quality that Morel has developed on its high-end home audio side. The only downside is the price: $2,200.

Hybrid Audio Clarus C51-2
86 pts.

Pretty surprising that a set with 5.25" drivers would be able to compete with the 6.5s on this list. And particularly so given the low price point: $469! No listening fatigue, great mid-bass, excellent highs and overall terrific articulation of sonic details and you have indeed one of the best bargains around.

3. Seas Lotus PS165/1
82 pts.

One of reviewer, Eric Holdaway's, favorite component speaker sets of all time. He loved the build quality, the product design and engineering and of course the sound—a little bit more with every listen, which is what you hope for in great speakers.

4. Dynaudio Esotec 242
81 pts.

You wouldn't expect anything less from Dynaudio than incredible dynamics, fine detail and superior accuracy. That's why it's one of the best speakers we'd reviewed to this point. And when you compare the cost to the other great speaker sets here, you find these components comparably priced at $990.

Alpine SPX-Z15M
81 pts.

The Alpines here, along with the Hybrids (listed above), are the only speakers with 5.25" drivers. But don't expect smaller performance from this amazing components. The mid-bass was more than robust. And they are one of the best in terms of offering focused imaging. Of course, at the time, they were probably appropriately priced at a whopping $3000.

5. Pioneer TS-C720PRS
80.5 pts.

While Pioneer is much loved for its audiophile level source units, it may not be a name regularly associated with SQ products on the speaker side. But they do make great speakers, as evidenced by this component set that had our Bob Morrow singing its praises. One of the best in terms of low-frequency extension.

6. Polk Audio SR6500
80 pts.

Speaker engineer extraordinaire Pat Turnmire called this the best component set he had ever tested! "These are, in my opinion, perfect." That's saying something. On the bench the speakers performed pretty much flawlessly and nearly matched that in the listening room as well.

Zapco CK-16.2
80 pts.

This is one of those instances where the objective and subjective reviews don't quite match. In the lab, the Zapcos weren't impressive; the performance was average. But upon listening, we found the speakers to be one of the better products around, regardless of the high price point.

Pioneer Premier TS-D720C
80 pts.

For $220, you don't expect anything to offer the type of quality we found with this set from Pioneer. Bass, tonal balance and overall sound were, dollar for dollar, maybe the best around. Add the fine installation features and you have one of the easiest "buys" on this list.

Crossfire Car Audio X5
80 pts.

Pat Turnmire appreciated the attention to detail in product design and the great cosmetics, but found some response problems. Upon listening, Eric Holdaway liked the Crossfires for the midrange response and overall smoothness.

7. Morel Elate 6
78 pts.

The Morels are impressive for the power handling (200 watts RMS, plus 1,000 watts of max transient power handling for the woofer), but while the set scored well enough, it fell slightly short of dazzling our reviewers. But at half the price of the Supremo set, it's quite a bargain for what you get.

Alpine SPR-176A
78 pts.

We listened to these way back when, but even at that time $280 for a great sounding component set was very inexpensive. The Alpines performed admirably in terms of mids and bass but didn't match that on the high frequency side, but how can you complain at that price?

8. Phoenix Gold RSD 65CS
77 pts.

Easy to install and one of the best speakers for sound at this price range (under $200), this set is the cheapest on the list but doesn't fall that far behind for audio quality.

Genesis Audiophile 16.03
77 pts.

After looking at a $160 component set, it's difficult to say speakers at three times the price is a great value, but these Genesis speakers were. High SQ, low listener fatigue, they excelled on acoustic recordings but played other genres well also.

9. Focal Utopia Be No. 6
76 pts.

By far the best looking speaker set of all-time in our opinion, the Focals nearly match it on the audio side. The Crossblock may be a little difficult to use to get the full potential from the system, but dial it in with help from a qualified dealer and these speakers offera really fine sonic experience.

Seas Lotus RS165F
76 pts.

Until Pat Turnmire had the opportunity to test the Polk Audio SR6500's, this Seas set had performed best in the lab. He thought they would be ideal for everything from high output high-end systems to critical listening systems complemented by the best electronics. That was nearly confirmed by our tech editor at the time, Casey Thorson, who found the speakers only a little deficient for upper-end extension.

10. Focal 165A
75.5 pts.

From $3,500 speakers (the Utopias above) to $349 components. Focal makes speakers that rock at both ends of the price spectrum. We liked the imaging, bass response and overall SQ. The build quality was impeccable. Great speakers for the price!

Hey NT,

I recently purchased a 09 Jetta (5th generation) and I'm looking to buy an in dash gps system.

I know that I want it to be Bluetooth connectivity (phone book interface), gps of course, and iPod compatibility (track names and possibly album artwork)

Also if it is a 'pop up' system that would be a plus (ie you press a button to conceal it and also to it to 'pop' out)

I would also like the button to light up red if possible to go well with the typical vw interior.

Moneys not an issue. If its exactly what I need then its fine. I just dont know where to start. I looked at the Best buy website and was dissapointed. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Hey NT,

I recently purchased a 09 Jetta (5th generation) and I'm looking to buy an in dash gps system.

I know that I want it to be Bluetooth connectivity (phone book interface), gps of course, and iPod compatibility (track names and possibly album artwork)

Also if it is a 'pop up' system that would be a plus (ie you press a button to conceal it and also to it to 'pop' out)

I would also like the button to light up red if possible to go well with the typical vw interior.

Moneys not an issue. If its exactly what I need then its fine. I just dont know where to start. I looked at the Best buy website and was dissapointed. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Don't get one that "pops up" motor usually fails on those.

If money isn't an issue,  kenwood dnx 9140 + jbl ms8 combo would be
pimp.gif

monday... i wanna replace my stock sub in my 04 TL.... what kind of sub would fit while keeping the same look and maybe keeping the stock amp

None really

The rear deck isn't meant to support anything else but the stock sub.

It'll rattle like crazy with anything else.

Man I want those Focal Utopia Be No. 6 so bad. The best looking speakers i've ever seen...

but the price tag is
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom