Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by cnballa7

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

no
so i should buy the kicker amp instead?

the kicker 1000.1 is way better than that hifonics. the only thing is since u got dual 4ohm subs u won't be able wire them into 2ohms and get fullpotential out the kicker.

nerd.gif

so i just picked up a 12" type r used for 50 bucks!!

works perfectly except the front has some markings on it but nothing to affect the performance. i have it running on an old 4 channel alpine amp that only doesup to 300 watts rms. i have another amp not hooked up which is also an older alpine but its a mono amp that does 300 or 350 rms. im probably gonna hook up thetype r to the mono amp and use the 4 channel for my 4 speakers. im not lookin at getting another amp. but i am looking at getting some decent coaxials for thefront.

what are some good front coaxials in 6.5"? dont really care about the rear, i have some polk 6x9s in them right now.

so i blew both of my rear deck speakers which someone told me were actually subs. i'm guessing they were 6.5 subs (audi a4 bose system).

basically don't know anything about car audio. can anyone recommend me 6.5 subs that sound like stock or a lil better? i just want to get the regular soundback.

as for replacing the stock amp, how would i determine how many channels i need? and is it easy to install by myself?

any help is appreciated.

so you're saying i should get fronts even though they still work? can i use those for the rear?

oh ok i got you. hmmm, might as well just upgrade the whole joint then. no rush to fix it, imma just wait till i get paid and get a better setup. appreciatethe help!

Originally Posted by So4i5

whats a good site or forum to start on research?

I would like to know a good site also. I wanna get into this stuff but every website ive gone too is too hard to understand because i really dont know hardlyanything at all about it

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

With good reason. Have you ever listened to a SQ install?
pimp.gif
yes...yes i have..sq is not for me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

My friend (with the 15" Fi BTL) has 2 of these and is going to selling them to me for $100 altogether.

Good deal?

http://www.sonicelectroni...--+MA+Audio+HK100XC.html

Not the best subs, but I'm pretty sure they're better than my Xplods, LOL!

take em.

MR MONDAY NIIGHT wrote:

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

My friend (with the 15" Fi BTL) has 2 of these and is going to selling them to me for $100 altogether.

Good deal?

http://www.sonicelectroni...--+MA+Audio+HK100XC.html

Not the best subs, but I'm pretty sure they're better than my Xplods, LOL!

take em.

Cool, I'm in the process of selling these AF1, so i'll use that $ to get them. Then save for a new amp. (800w)

Yeah, those subs are 500w rms, so 800w-1000w should be enough.

I like bass, but I'll save the competion stuff for the hardcore bass fans.

I'll use my 480w amp to power my door speakers.

Back
Top Bottom