Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Man
tired.gif

I went there back in 2005 to get some cheap comps installed in my mothers car..they fried the whole electrical system..car had to be towed back to Acura
smh.gif
FOR SOME COTDAMN COMPONENTS??????

Woooooooooooow dude... imagine what they doin to dudes with FULL SYSTEM installs
eek.gif

^ son about to get his @%+ jacked up at Best Buy
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I hate when 's ask for your advice, then do what they wanna do anyway.
tired.gif
like why you even ask?

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Man
tired.gif

I went there back in 2005 to get some cheap comps installed in my mothers car..they fried the whole electrical system..car had to be towed back to Acura
smh.gif
FOR SOME COTDAMN COMPONENTS??????

Woooooooooooow dude... imagine what they doin to dudes with FULL SYSTEM installs
eek.gif
That was just the worst of the problems. The door skin had to be replaced due to them putting holes everywhere & they lost the navigationdisks(which are $150 each).

They gon' mess that man car up

Question:

I am replacing my subs that I have. i had a friend who was installer do all the work for me. Now that my subs are blown, Im not sure what kind of subs I wouldneed with the amp I have. The amp is a Phoenix Gold x600.1 . For now I would like to get either 2 -12's or 1-15 if thats possible, without putting a strainon the electrical system. I was considering Kicker, JL Audio or Rockford Fosgate. 2 ohm or 4 ohm? Any suggestions? If I need to upgrade let me know.

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Question:

What's the best, simple yet effective starter audio system? Budget is 1000 and I plan on putting this in a 1999 Toyota Camry.
can you build a box?

Originally Posted by AtlDunkman

Question:

I am replacing my subs that I have. i had a friend who was installer do all the work for me. Now that my subs are blown, Im not sure what kind of subs I would need with the amp I have. The amp is a Phoenix Gold x600.1 . For now I would like to get either 2 -12's or 1-15 if thats possible, without putting a strain on the electrical system. I was considering Kicker, JL Audio or Rockford Fosgate. 2 ohm or 4 ohm? Any suggestions? If I need to upgrade let me know.

That amp doesn't do rated power.

I just bought a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD head unit and Rockford Fosgate 12" P2 subs.

I'm waiting to get the M500 and F300 Alpine Amps and I just need some good speakers (anyone have any thoughts on the Alpine Type S?).

I only paid $250 for two 12 inch subs. I thought it was a good price cause I heard em and they sound good. Yeah... they're going in the TL. What do youthink?

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz
Damn, thats all i need
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I drive a 94' Geo Prizm
laugh.gif
and i've wanted to get a sub for thelongest time.
Not looking to spend alot of money, just enough to give my car some nice bass.

What would you recommend?

If you like them then it's all good....what ohm config are they?

4 ohm. It's these right here

What do you think of the headunit/amp/amp/speakers though? I really don't know anything about car audio... at all
laugh.gif
I can use all the help I can get.

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

What do you think of the headunit/amp/amp/speakers though? I really don't know anything about car audio... at all
laugh.gif

If you can return the subs, you should. Not that its a bad setup, but its safe to say that its gonna leave you wanting more bass once you get them in thecar...and there are several single 12s that will get much louder for a little less money. Post your budget and me or MONDAY can help you out.

Originally Posted by awash242

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

laugh.gif

If you can return the subs, you should. Not that its a bad setup, but its safe to say that its gonna leave you wanting more bass once you get them in the car...and there are several single 12s that will get much louder for a little less money. Post your budget and me or MONDAY can help you out.

Well let's see. I'm married to the headunit so that's irreplacable. As far as the rest of the budget...

$260 + $200 + $200 = $660.

It honestly doesn't look like I could get an amp, subs, and speakers for any cheaper than that. My boy at BB is giving me a hookup on all that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom