Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Okay so I followed the advice and returned those subs. I think I'm going to do this thing step by step. Step 1... what's a good brand/type of speakers?I'm more than likely going to shop eBay for this and I'm looking to spend no more than 120 per pair (need 4 total). The amp I have is 440w Hifonics.

return that hifonics..high thd is
sick.gif

About recommending the Q, it really depends. If you are wanting more output I would choose the BL over the Q. Still sounds good but will be able to handle morepower.

Both are good subs no doubt, just overpriced and a little too proprietary for my tastes. Their technology is like 10 years old, still are good though.
Other subs are out now that are better for cheaper though.
Not sure how accurate this is but the W7 would be similar to the BL while the W6 is similar to the Q. Former would be more output/loud, latter would be moresound quality.
But honestly with what you want you would be pleased with any of those, it's really hard to get a feel for any sub through the internet getting all caughtup in is this one for SQ or SPL blah blah blah.

oh i got ya... looking at the Q line and the W6... on amazon... the W6 is damn near the same price... the w7 is about $100 more..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^ i thought you told me that hifonics is a good brand
If you're on a strict budget then their aight..I'm a big fan of their bxi line since the amps do rated power..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i was just looking for something that bumps... im looking at a JL 10w7, or a 10w6

fi q>

the box with the line in the middle is the best box to have. imo

and dont waste your money on JL,they go hard, i got a 10W6 but its not worth all that $.

Fi FTW

i know it does look cool. but I bought a Jensen that looked cool too for my old car and ended up being complete waste of money.
i haven't heard too many bad thing about Alpine or Pioneer, I just want to make sure my next purchase isn't junk

I just won on ebay an Alpine PDX 4.100 amp for 275 and I also brought buck pack of dynamat and trunk pack of second skin.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

my dad's finally letting me get started on my Trailblazer this summer.
gonna get an in dash first then subs and new speakers later on.
what do yall think of this one
h130AVHP310-f.jpeg

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD
link if needed
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP310/Pioneer-AVH-P3100DVD.html?tp=20220
DNX9140.jpg

My Kenwood Dnx-9140 just arrived saturday, did the install that same night also ...i highly recommend it ...you can do adjustment setting for almost everything
eek.gif

-i've decide on Fi SSD series as my new subwoofer ...should i get a 10 or 12 inch ...i want tighter bass ...its power by JL 500/1 mono amp btw.

can someone point me in the direction of what amplifier wiring kit i should get for my alpine mrp-m500 mono amp?

I've been looking through the net for a new headunit and I ran into the JVC KD-AVX77. Its new what ya'll think of it.

Back
Top Bottom